Mediterranean Harbour Bar and Grill

Contact 843-842-9991

13 Harbourside Ln Unit B, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA, 29928

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has full bar, seating near the water. Traditional Mediterranean cuisine, meat-centered but also several veg suitable dishes (which are cheaper than the meatstuff) like falafel, hummus, baba ghanouj, grape leaves - all made in-house. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Non-veg

First Review by itzLaurenR

Tasty - Edit

The previous two reviews are very accurate and fair. Very tasty veg appetizers, particularly the smokey babaganoug, but disappointingly only one veg entree on the menu that wasn't available that night.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: lacking veg entrees on the menu

Great Experience - Edit

Great atmosphere and lovely location. They had live music outside which was pleasant. Friendly staff. My date (non-veg) and I got the sampler platter with pita and hummus, grape leaves, and something made out of beef. I enjoyed my veg things and he enjoyed all three. Even though the vegan appetizers are clearly labeled as such, there were no vegan entrees. I explained myself to our waitress, and she had the chef make a falafel dish for me. It came with veggies, rice, and tahini. I thought all the food and my wine tasted great, and I even needed a to-go box.

Pros: friendly staff, unique expereince

Cons: a little expensive

itzLaurenR 07 Jul 2015 - I spoke with the owner, and the falafel sandwich (on the menu) is vegan as-is. It was an oversight they plan to mark with a "v" the next time they revise and reprint the menus.

Way Beyond Hummus - Edit

Having grown up in Northern NJ with its myriad Pita Pits and Falafel Huts, I am no stranger to Mediterranean foods. But I must say the food at Mediterranean Harbour is exceptional! Everything is made from scratch in-house, and you can tell: I savoured the rich flavours and perfect textures. Also, the twist for specifically Lebanese versions of these foods is that anything with chickpea also contains fava bean. I recommend the sampler platter, for which you can choose 3 out of the 4 vegan choices. The baba ghanouj was eye-rolling smoky, the grape leaves delectable, the falafel to die for; pita bread comes with and is vegan. Add a waterside seat in the breeze with a glass of wine, and you too will see why I am raving so cheekily.

Pros: clearly labeled vegan options, mid-island location

Return to Hilton Head Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mediterranean Harbour Bar and Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.