Mediterranean Blue

Contact 407-422-2583

435 E Michigan St, Orlando, Florida, USA, 32806

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small, Greek family owned and operated restaurant that offers vegetarian and vegan options that are prepared and cooked separately, including falafel, grilled seasonal vegetable dish that includes grilled eggplant and zucchini, Mini Meze with kalamata olives and peppers and more.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by themcjeff

Awesome place!! - Edit

My family and I came here while traveling and found this place to be great. It's a counter service type place, with some indoor and outdoor seating. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable about which items on their menu are vegan. I had the falafel pita sandwich with the Greek fries, and couldn't say no to the brown rice and chickpea salad. All of these were delicious. The prices are very reasonable and there are several veg options. Overall, a great experience!

Friendly people with a veg friendly menu - Edit

I like them a lot, they do great casual mediterranean food without putting cheese all over the place.

As a vegan, I've got a lot to choose from...pitas, rice pilafs, deli sides. Their falafel and fries are great, but I recommend also trying some of their non-fried foods. The Mom's Grilled Vegetable Mix sounds boring, but it's light and full of flavor.

Like everyone says, the staff is very friendly. I don't even live in SODO and I feel like I'm just dropping by a neighborhood spot when I'm there.

Pros: Friendly, Great fries, Great falafel

Cons: Not a lot of parking, Tricky to get into from Orange Ave

Quick, Convenient And Delish! - Edit

So it was almost 9 PM and my boyfriend and I were hungry. We had read about Mediterranean Blue on Happy Cow and decided to give it a try. I had some summer slaw which was light and refreshing and I had the mama's vegetable sandwich which was piping hot and bursting with flavor. My guy had falafel with tahini which he said was very good...like B plus/ A minus good. He ordered the fries with only salt and thought they were a solid B.

Overall pretty decent food. We will go back again.

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Charming, Red Sauce Was Very Flavorful

Cons: No Vegan Desserts

Delicious falafel! - Edit

I have been to Mediterranean Blue a few times and I am always satisfied with my experience. The atmosphere is lovely with excellent service. Most importantly, the food is delicious. I always get the falafel with tahini--very yummy. I have also enjoyed the dolmades and baklava. Prices are very reasonable. They have wonderful options for vegetarians and I will continue to return.

Pros: Great food, Good value, Friendly staff

My new neighborhood spot - Edit

Despite living down the street from Mediterranean Blue, I had no idea it was there. I found it here on Happy Cow, went for lunch, and just got back from dinner. I was clearly impressed with this little Greek deli. Not only was the food great and reasonably priced, Gail (one of the owners) was so incredibly friendly--and excited about my veganism--that I felt like I was eating in her home.

Lunch consisted of a pick-three-plus-pita deli case special for $5.50. I selected the hummus, falafel, and a collard/bean salad. Intrigued by the idea of Greek seasoned fries, I added a small order. I got out there for $7.50, which, for the amount of food, is a deal. Everything on the plate went well together: I was literally taking a piece of pita, plopping on some collards, a piece of falafel, a french fry or two, and pinching it together like a little sandwich. Gail also gave me a sample of her balsamic beets (homemade balsamic dressing!) and they were delectable.

Dinner was the Mom's Grilled Veggie sandwich: Grilled eggplant, zucchini, and onions served on a warm pita with a generous helping of the homemade marinara sauce. ($6.50) For an additional, 99 cents I added a side of the fries (and I never eat french fries, let alone twice in one day.) I had just finished a 5 mile run; the sandwich was bursting with flavor and--paired with the fries--was just what I needed to reinvigorate myself.

The atmosphere:
Counter service with food-runners. Laid back, surprisingly spacious with indoor and outdoor seating. I'm not really big on the "ambience" factor but I enjoyed the music they were playing and the clean, cozy, well-decorated tables. Also, they have bottles of sriracha on hand. (Which every restaurant needs to catch on to.)

The staff:
As I mentioned, Gail couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating. She joked that I'd be back, I could tell by her face that she hadn't expected me to show up so soon. I'm a really relaxed client, I don't expect much from my wait staff and I'd rather just be left alone with my food. All the same, it goes a long way with me when a restaurant owner treats you like a friend. I don't like any of the restaurants near my house (in the SoDo area) except for Chai Thai--which, while very good, is also fairly expensive. I'm glad to have quick, affordable food with an expansive vegan menu so close by.

Pros: Friendliness, Variety of vegan options, Affordability

Cons: Disposable plates, forks, cups, etc.

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mediterranean Blue closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2547 times since Jun 2011.