Mean Greens - temporarily closed

• Vegan
Contact 940-565-2000

1155 Union Cir (at University of North Texas), Denton, Texas, USA, 76201

In Aug 2011, this North Texas University cafeteria converted to offering all vegan food. Menu features vegan fried chicken and barbecue specialties, and other lighter and healthier foods. RE-OPENS 29TH AUG 2016.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by BrettWest

Such a delicious meal! - Edit

Stopped at Mean Greens for lunch today. Wow! I am so impressed! The food was delicious and the desserts were amazing! If I could, I would eat here everyday. If you happen to stop by, you won't be disappointed!

Fabulous food!!! - Edit

First time eating here today with my family, and it was above our expectations! There is a large variety of food all interesting, appetizing and they tasted wonderful! The place is nicely decorated, new and spacious. There were big crowds the entire time we were there (1-3pm), lines at the buffet, tables filled, a busy and energetic place.
It's a buffet that you go up the the stall and someone scoops and prepares it for you, so you can't pick and get the exact amount you want.
We enjoyed all the food especially the cheezey pizza, stuffed pepper, bean tacos, soup, ranch salad, macaroni salad, soy ice cream, chocolate soy milk, chocolate cake. The price is very affordable especially for what you get, unlimited quality food, nice and clean environment for a little over $7 for adults and a little over $3 for children.
The website has a menu button that tells you what's on the buffet for breakfast/lunch/dinner each day.

Opens Mon-Fri.
Hours 7am-7pm (except Fri. closes at 6pm)

Pros: Tons of food and large variety, All vegan!!, Clean and nice place, cheap

Cons: No parking, have to walk across street , Staff has to get food for you, Close on weekends

Our New Favorite - Edit

We found Mean Green's on an internet search while trying to find vegetarian restaurants in Denton. They are located directly behind Maple Hall on the UNT campus. We stopped in for lunch and were very impressed. Mean Greens charges a very reasonable price ($7.04 including tax for lunch) for their all-you-can-eat cafeteria/buffet. That price even includes your drink!

The salad bar was nicely done with many options and an amazing ranch dressing that is fantastic. I believe they rotate the menu on what entrees are available. The day we were there we had choices of soft tacos, pizza, burgers, sushi and several others...all vegan of course. The food was great and the atmosphere was entertaining as well. This is a college campus dining hall so it is packed with students but I have no doubt that it will have a significant amount of local traffic as well once word gets out that it is there. I would love to see UNT turn a profit on a vegan dining hall from off-campus customers. It might spawn even more restaurants like Mean Greens.

They accept cash and credit/debit cards. The only drawback, if any, is that parking is tough if you are not a UNT student. Most lots nearby are for UNT permits only. We parked across the campus in a metered lot and enjoyed a stroll to and from the restaurant.

As vegetarians, we are thrilled that there is a full-on vegan restaurant closer to us than Spiral Diner in Fort Worth. Go UNT...go Mean Greens!

Pros: vegan, good value, friendly staff

Cons: tough parking

Return to Denton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mean Greens - temporarily closed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3570 times since Aug 2011.