McCabe's Tavern

Contact 719-633-3300

520 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA, 80903

Serves meat, vegan options available. Irish tavern offering a few veggie choices including a veggie burger, gardener's pie. Vegans could have one of the appetizers, one salad, the fried avocado tacos, grilled cauliflower steak, and a veggie wrap - be sure to specify if vegan to be sure.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by sweetszlove

Nice revamping of the place. - Edit

I have been here a couple times since they have revamped the place. It looks nice. It is definitely a step up. I also enjoy the new menu. I LOVE the fried avocado tacos. They are incredible. I also really enjoyed the cauliflower steak. It is nice that I can rely on this place when I am going out with omnivore friends of mine.

Cooks vegan/vegetarian food in meat! STAY AWAY!!! - Edit

They launched a new menu in July 2015, and have vegan and vegetarian options listed with little carrots on the menu. We were rather upset to find out that 90% of the vegan/veg menu is fried in the animal oil (we talked to the owner and suggested they pan fry the vegan/veg orders to fix the problem). We were told that most vegans weren't "strict" like us and they didn't really see a problem. So I don't recommend this place at all to vegetarians because I don't trust the food, or the owner chef to label things correctly if he doesn't see it as a big deal. Service also happened to suck (although that's just one waitress). Big disappointment after hearing great things!

Pros: Music, Organic greens for salad, Sources most food within 90 miles

Cons: Mislabels Vegan/Veggi options, Service, Owner/Chef doesn't get vegetarian

Now even more vegan friendly! - Edit

Went here on 6/2/15, post renovation and post menu change. They now label all items as vegetarian or vegan, which is very much appreciated and rare in Colorado Springs. I only tried the fried avocado street tacos this time around, but they were delicious!

This place has always been one of my favorites even before this, because of their great service and fun atmosphere. Now that their menu is even more vegan friendly, I'll be returning often.

Pros: Several vegan options, Vegetarian/vegan options labeled, Great service

great shepherd's pie - Edit

We went in just to try the gardener's pie as mentioned on Happy Cow, and were not disappointed. It was comfort food on a rainy day. There was some sports event on tv, so was a bit loud, but we're glad we went.

Excelent Gardner's pie - Edit

I love their Gardner's Pie so much I've been trying to re-create it at home. My husband used to love their homeade veggie burger, however, last time we went they had switched to Boca brand frozen burgers, yuck! We spoke with the manager, who seemed genuinely concerned, so hopefully they have switched back. They also have several veggie appetizers and sides.

Pros: Homeade Gardner's Pie, Friendly service & management, Downtown location

Cons: Boca burgers suck!

Fills the tummy - Edit

They have a vegan burger and a veggie sub. The bread is vegan so you're fine with the bun. The fries are yummy, and they have strongbow hard cider on tap. I've been there about six times and they've never messed up my order as long as I specified no dairy.

Pros: Vegan bread, Good drinks, Parking

Cons: SLOW service

Return to Colorado Springs Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has McCabe's Tavern closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2611 times since Nov 2007.