Mazah Mediterranean Eatery

Contact 614-488-3633

1439 Grandview Ave, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43212

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mediterranean food menu, includes vegetarian and vegan suitable iitems: salads, dips, sandwiches, entrees, and desserts. Accommodating to vegans.

Category: Lacto, Mediterranean, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by Ohio_AT

Great veggie sampler - Edit

This is a really wonderful mediterranean place. We arrived for a late dinner while driving through and had the vegetarian sampler. It was wonderful. At first it didn't look like much, but by the end we were stuffed.

Only downside is that the place is small and the tables are packed in. But, this is hardly a reason to avoid it.

Pros: Wonderful food, Reasonable prices

Cons: Small space

mazah - Edit

We arrived in Columbus looking for a quick lunch and Mazah hit the spot! All vegan options were clearly labelled on the menu. We sampled a few of the vegan sides. There were some common Mediterranean dishes such as falafel, hummus and stuffed grape leaves plus a few things that we had never tried before. Our waiter was excellent and the owner came to check on us as well with complimentary Turkish coffees!

Pros: several unique vegan options, excellent service, excellent food

Great Vegan Options! - Edit

Small restaurant - seats about 30, family owned, with great food. Serves true vegan dishes as well as non-vegan dishes. Portions are large, prices are moderate, but to get a restaurant that provides vegan dishes without explaining it, is wonderful!

Pros: excellent food, good value, good service

Cons: none

The Best Mediterranean Food in Columbus - Edit

Mazah offers a wide selection of delicious vegan options, including desserts. Vegan choices are clearly marked on the menu and they know what you mean when you say "vegan." They will be sure to leave off the yogurt sauces and feta. The menu has some of what you'd expect in a Mediterranean restaurant-- falaffel, dolmas, hummus, babganoush, etc., but there are also some unexpected things like potato salad and cold bean salad.

The potato salad is simple and divine (my favorite dish), the hummus is creamy and smooth, the lentil soup is filling, comforting, & delicious, and the zatar bread is killer! I recommend getting a platter so that you can sample several different dishes at once.

Ask about vegan desserts. They are not on the menu and they change all the time. This, unfortunately means that sometimes there are none, but if you hit them on a good day, there may be a smorgasboard! The vegan baklava is good, but I really love the almond cookies, which are a shortbready olive oil biscuit, full of sesame and fennel seeds.

Overall, the quality of the food is excellent. Everything is home made fresh and you can just the nutritiony goodness! Maggie, the owner, is super nice and knows just what you need.

The only negative-- avoid the iced tea. It is from the soda fountain, not brewed. Ick!

Pros: DELICIOUS, Fresh, Affordable

Cons: No fresh iced tea

Great food - Edit

We were in Columbus (a few hours from home) and found Mazah on Happy Cow. The food was delicious, and reasonably priced. We ordered the Falafel appetizer. My son and I each ordered the Large Sampler, and my husband ordered Fatayer for the main dish. Everything was delicious and nicely presented. The restaurant is small - several tables were in use, but the restaurant was not crowded. Service was great. I really liked that the menu clearly showed which meals are vegan or vegetarian. If Mazah was closer to home, I'd be a regular customer.

Pros: good food, plenty of vegan options, reasonable prices, service

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mazah Mediterranean Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2131 times since May 2011.