Maywood Pancake House

• ( 23 reviews )

92 W Pleasant Ave, Maywood, New Jersey, USA, 07607

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast and brunch place, also offering vegan choices including vegan waffle and pancake, French toast, tofu scramble, sausage, "milk" shakes, and "butter." Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-3:00pm, Sun 7:30am-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Breakfast, Non-veg

First Review by Ellenkm

HandsOffMyHummus

Points +141

04 Aug 2021

Vegan & GF breakfast paradise

The tofu scramble is so-so in my opinion, but the gf vegan pancakes and waffles could not be better. Call ahead for reservations.

westchestervegan

Points +1135

29 Aug 2020

If I could give it 5 stars I would.

One of my fave breakfast spots!! The pancakes, French toast, stuffed French, breakfast quesadilla, tofu scramble... basically EVERYTHING that they offer for vegan options is amazing!

JustLayuh

Points +349

26 Jan 2020

Breakfast cravings satisfied✅

Vegan breakfast- especially outside of the home- can be hard to come by. So when I heard about the Maywood Pancake House, I had to make the trek. My family and I were not disappointed 👍🏽

They have a few different tofu scrambles to choose from, vegan pancakes and waffles, French toast, and milk and butter alternatives. The challah French toast was a little dry, but there were some major breakfast cravings that were satisfied that day 🥞🤤🧇.

Despite the long wait time the service was pretty quick. Will definitely be making the trek back 🙌🏽

Pros: Lots of vegan breakfast options , Pretty quick service

Cons: Long wait time

bartlee

Points +45

08 Jan 2020

Yum!!!

Vegan pancakes, hash browns and milkshakes, what more can I ask for?! Love coming here. However, I don't recommend the tofu scramble unless they improved it - when I tried it a couple years back it was very lacking as are many places. They can be very very busy so be prepared to wait and sometimes I think bc of the rush things may be undercooked. But I still love it here!!

Pros: Great vegan options, Yummy vegan breakfast diner food!

Cons: Weekends can have long wait times, Tofu scramble bland

OmarJohnson

Points +102

19 Dec 2019

great vegan pancakes

Came in here around Sunday at 930. Place was packed and we still got speedy service. I had the vegan pancakes, waffles, and vegan sausage. All good

Adjexc

Points +38

06 Nov 2019

Great breakfast diner

Absolutely love the vegan options here, everything you could want! Pancakes, waffles, French toast, tofu scrambles. Excellent fresh squeezed orange juice.

JenniferU

Points +22

02 Sep 2019

one of the few gems in my area

Wish I can give them five stars, but since it’s not a fully vegetarian or vegan restaurant I can’t 😓. Found this little gem about a year ago or longer. I’ve ordered from here before I went fully vegan (I was a vegetarian). Love their waffles, pancakes, and vegan sausage! I love coming here for their food

star-girl

Points +44

09 Jul 2019

Vegan pancakes and breakfast- oh my!

The vegan food is amazing and consistent. I love my chocolate chip pancakes, French toast amercaine and more! HOWEVER- it’s a nightmare to eat there. Always crowded and the service leaves a lot to be desired. Get your vegan brunch- just take it to go. And be very clear about wanting vegan butter. Once I ate there, ordered vegan pancakes and they gave me real non-vegan butter. They apologized (barely). I only love their food because where else can you get fluffy vegan pancakes and French toast?

Pros: Vegan pankcakes, French toast and more!

Cons: Not always friendly or smart- repeat your order, A nightmare to eat in

rioscathy8

Points +286

01 Apr 2019

Can’t believe it’s vegan

I had the vegan French toast with strawberries on top and it was amazing! The prices are fair and huge portions.

VictoriaLeighAntis

Points +38

01 Mar 2019

Love this spot

They even do challah! And have great pancakes with butter just amazing. Service was good too

thatveganmom

Points +26

26 Dec 2018

What a shame

We have given this place chance after chance after chance. We’ve found hair in our food on three separate occasions. We’ve had horrible service (not the norm) and have had the servers laugh at us when we found hair in our food the third time. The manager has always tried to do damage control, but today was the last straw. First, there was a hair in our menu- not just between the pages, no- between the plastic where the pages are inserted which tells me the menus aren’t cleaned (or they are, but in a mediocre fashion at best). Anyway, my fiancé asked if they could make a vegan breakfast sandwich with tofu scramble, cheese and sausage with a side of home fries. When the good came out, the waitress said, “oh we can’t put it on a sandwich because it’ll fall out. So here’s a platter with toast so you can make your own.” Uhm, that’s not what we asked for. If you thought there would be a problem, come and inform us so we have the option to order something else. Additionally, they gave us a side of sausage which they charged for instead of giving a breakfast sandwich price. We asked for a BREAKFAST SANDWICH, not a “make your own” platter. After today, we will not be back. It sucks because I love vegan breakfast options, and I really wanted to love this place, but after all this, I just can’t.

Pros: Decent coffee, Variety of vegan options

Cons: Dirty, Expensive, Damage control instead of making changes

JeanRenè

Points +119

15 Oct 2018

Go to breakfast spot

You won't be disappointed.

TheresaStowell

Points +654

06 May 2018

excellent overall

Great spot with plenty of options for everyone. Vegan and gluten free items are clearly marked and the servers are knowledgeable. When the waitress learned that we were friends out of town, she asked if we were vegan and went through the menu with us to make sure we knew our options.
Pancakes, waffles, scrambles, burgers, smoothies, milkshakes and more

Pros: lots of vegan options

Lucipurrr

Points +117

15 Apr 2018

wish I could give it 5

The omelet and pancakes were amazing!! We came in on a busy Sunday and sat by the bar but it was totally worth it. Lovely server.

Pros: none

Cons: none

VεGΛ☥GΛL

Points +98

13 Feb 2018

One of the best pancake houses in Northern NJ

To feel welcomed by enjoying a vegan breakfast/brunch/lunch meal amongst others. It's a win-win for everyone.

Pros: sweet & savory vegan options

Cons: waiting for a table varies

Passion4Peace

Points +45

21 Jan 2018

French toast😋

Food was delicious! Nice seating and staff...We were helped as soon as we walked in. It seems to be a very popular place, so that was amazing!

Pros: Lots of delicious vegan options!

Lizziebenson

Points +140

28 Aug 2017

great vegan pancakes

If I'm looking to go out to breakfast with my non vegan family and friends this is the perfect place!!

amberisabella

Points +20

22 May 2017

Great atmosphere, delicious food

Really lovely, cosy place, with plenty of vegan options. They were all marked clearly on the menu and there was at least one vegan option in each category. There were pancakes, French toast, tofu scrambles, breakfast quesadillas, and burgers. I had blueberry pancakes and they were delicious! Plenty of other toppings you could have chosen, too. Not particularly cheap, but fair for the quantities. It was a great place to go with meat eating family, as there were also lots of non vegan options for them. All in all, a perfect breakfast!

rachelploger

Points +80

14 May 2017

best vegan breakfast & lunch

They have so many vegan options here that are SO good. They also have vegan butter, nut milks and raw sugar! I wish I could give this place 5 stars!! I love it here!

Avatar Lx5iv

Lx5iv

Points +60

31 Dec 2016

Great vegan options

This place was great since I am the only vegan in my husband's family so finding a place for all of us can be stressful. Everyone enjoyed their food, but probably not as much as me since finding multiple vegan options is always exciting. I had the vegan waffle, which was delicious. Also got the vegan popeye scramble to go, and that was great too. It was pretty busy, which I expected, and the service was good.

Pros: good prices, great vegan options

Jess_goodvibes

Points +86

26 May 2016

Great place for brunch.

I was blown away by the amazing vegan food they have to offer. It makes me so happy that they have so many vegan options and for the foods that aren't vegan they can easily make it vegan for you. It's such a great place for breakfast or a brunch. I do wish they they were open for longer. Also the wait can sometimes 20-30 minutes because of the desire of great food that they have. I do recommend people to eat here because it is a great place to eat.

Pros: Amazing vegan food, Great service

Cons: Long wait

madjoy

Points +134

16 Oct 2015

Sad I can only rate this 4 stars

The best vegan brunch, hands-down. I've been here several times and just completely pigged out. Restaurants like this are what make me sad that non-veg restaurants can only get a max of 4 stars!! This would be 10 stars if I could.

Where else can you not only get vegan french toast... but vegan cream cheese STUFFED vegan french toast! Seriously! My god! It tastes like sin in the best possible way. Do you prefer a tofu scramble, vegan pancakes, or vegan chili fries? Because it's ALL HERE!

Beware the wait on Sunday brunches, because everyone else knows how good this place is, too. Also beware that it's not open for typical dinner hours.

Pros: Amazing vegan food, Plenty of options, Excellent service

Cons: Closes early, Sometimes long waits

Ellenkm

Points +650

24 May 2015

brunch food

This is the place for brunch in the area! Stuffed strawberry pancakes, tofu scrambles, vegan waffles and more. Same owners as Rutherford Pancake House. They also have lots of GF options.

Return to Maywood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maywood Pancake House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.