Mayse Artisan Bakery

Points +5398

Raw
24 Dec 2020

The first vegan bread shop in Hong Kong

As far as I know, this was the only bakery in Hong Kong selling only vegan bread (before Alive Food Co. was established in 2020).
I enjoyed the bread so much there.

Updated from previous review on 2020-08-27

MarionRuhrmann

Points +230

28 Jun 2020

Tasty pizza

Super tasty pizza even tho the dough was a bit chewy but would def come back again. Nice Kombucha as well! Highly recommended if you are in the area!

Pros: Delicious pizza, Reasonable price 100hkd for Margarita Pizza , Lots of outdoor seating available

Cons: Pizza dough a bit hard to chew

jonahramone

Points +86

19 Aug 2018

100% vegan bread, lovely atmosphere

Their bread is delicious, filling, healthy and all vegan. In fact, it is so good I really don't like regular bread now. Alex and Eli, the owners, are always happy to talk about their products and processes and are generally wonderful people. They run events like pizza pop ups and bread making workshops. The area is picturesque and well worth a visit. I will miss this bakery when I leave Hong Kong!

Pros: 100% vegan, Healthy, Nice people

Stevie

Points +11753

13 Mar 2018

Mayse Artisan Bakery, Hong Kong

I ate here last month & enjoyed the bread very much. The guy who runs the gig is quite a character. It's not yet all vegan (or it wasn't at that time) as the brand of vegetable spread they bake with isn't a vegan brand (it clearly states on the package, 'may contain traces of milk'). I've sent them a follow up email suggesting where they can likely source a vegan brand. I genuinely hope they do, it would be fab to have this place join the list of all-vegan eateries in HK.

Pros: Tasty bread, Nice vibe

Cons: Not yet all-vegan

Elinavegan

15 Aug 2018

Thank you for your review Stevie.
That vegetable spread was used for special order for some customer, not for the bread we sell at the bakery and was only used for that time. We do not use any animal products and we are fully plant based. Hope to see you soon and share some nice bread!

Elinavegan

Points +116

04 Jan 2018

Fresh and healthy

Everything is baked fresh starting from bread and muffijs and cupcakes. Bakery doesn’t use instant yeast or bleached flower. All is organic and vegan.

Return to New Territories Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mayse Artisan Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.