Mayka

Contact 113288401

Kosančićev venac 2 (at Pop-Lukina ), Belgrade, Serbia,

Vegetarian restaurant serving a mix of cuisines, from veggie burgers to samosas. More than half of the menu is vegan. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Pizza, International, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by AinoPerttunen

Very nice! - Edit

Me and my twin did an interail and even though I'm now a vegan I was then a vegetarian! We had a vegetarian pizza and it was very good! We were travelling on a budget so we ordered only one pizza for both of us and I guess they were surprised xD they were very kind and in the end they asked where were we from (Portugal) and reacted very nicely :)

Amazing! - Edit

One of the best places in Beograd! The staff was really super friendly and nice, they took really good care of us :) And the food was amazing and really interesting. I would go again :)

Pros: very friendly staff, amazing food, nice vibe

Cons: little expensive for serbian standards

STOP SMOKING IN VEGGIE RESTAURANTS - Edit

STOP SMOKING IN VEGGIE RESTAURANTS
Mayka is wonderful vegetarian food. Some of the best we have eaten anywhere on the globe.
Over the last few nights were were there. Dan the waiter was terrific. Last night the restaurant was empty and a couple of people were there smoking. I explained to Dan that to us a veggie restaurant is about eating well and healthy, why not have the smokers simply have their coffee and smokes outside? Very politely he said, "That is not possible."
We did a takeaway.This incredible beautiful delicious food, and the place smells of cigarette smoke. OTHER RESTAURANTS IN BELGRADE, NOT MANY, DO MOVE THE SMOKERS OUTSIDE and there are separate sections
I do NOT like to impose my predilections on others, but this incredible veggie restaurant could be truly fabulous if you asked the smokers to eat outside.
Please make your veggie restaurant truly healthy and delicious, get the smokers to smoke outside!
The culture of smoking in Belgrade is as dense as smog in Delhi. We sit outside of Jazz clubs and listen through the window. We don't eat inside of most restaurants because of smoking. This is like the USA was 40 years ago! Time for the Marlboro Man to ride off into the sunset!

Pros: Fabulous very creative veggie food!!! , Delicious, Staff very friendly, passable English.

Cons: STOP SMOKING INSIDE!, Music too loud, but they turn it down a wee bit.

a must eat! - Edit

Probably the best vegan food i've eaten in serbia! Maybe a bit more pricy for balkan standards but still very good value for your money.
The menu looked incredible, i really wanted to try all the food!

Pros: friendly staff, a lot of vegan options + big portions, cosy interior

Kooky restaurant definitely worth a visit - Edit

The food was great, quite spicy (which I personally love) and very flavoursome. There was a decent variety of dishes, with more than half the menu boasting VEGAN options!

Staff are very friendly and approachable. The decor is really quite interesting and I have to say this place has the coolest bathroom I've probably ever seen in a restaurant... almost worth the visit alone.

Pros: tasty dishes, friendly staff, cool decor and even cooler bathroom

Cons: wifi didn't work

Very cosy little vegetarian/vegan restaurant! - Edit

I really liked this place. The people were so friendly. The food was really delicious! I had an ayurvedic lemonade and the mayka goulash: seitan & vegetables in aromatic tomato gravy + tagliatelle + cheese!

Lovely - Edit

Really nice atmosphere, the food was nice, took a bit of a long time for the food to get to us, but overall it was a nice dinner on a pretty terrace. (The staff is friendly!)

MaykaBeograd 02 Aug 2016 - Dear Andrijana, thank's for choosing us and for useful comments. Mayka & the hosts hope to see you again. Welcome!

Delicious place - Edit

This is definitely a very nice place, with a wide diversity regarding the vegetarian and vegan menus. You can eat indian, thai, mexican, italian, or local stuff, all with tofu and seitan which is great. The menu is available in english and the people working there are very friendly and talkative if you start conversation. Wifi is also available there. We definitely had a great time there and warmly recommend this place.

Pros: Delicious taste, Diverse food ethnicity, Nice presentation

Cons: Music

A genuine 5 star experience - Edit

We had a really lovely afternoon eating here and everything was just perfect. They called the main cook (who is vegan) to present the menu for us. We decided to take seitan goulash and seitan hot dog and a bottle of water. Water was served with a bucket of ice and in a professional manner. The decoration is lovely and fancy (visit the toilet, it's pure luxury!) and smooth jazz was playing on the background. And the most important - our food was so so so delicious! We really had a feeling like eating in a fine dining place thanks to the atmosphere and most helpful and friendliest staff who spoke really good English. I just can't stop praising this place. All in all, great quality for a really reasonable price!

Pros: Friendly and professional service, Cozy and fancy place, good music, Delicious food

MaykaBeograd 02 Aug 2016 - Dear Aino, thank's for choosing us and for nice review. Mayka & the hosts hope to see you again in Belgrade. Welcome!

Return to Belgrade Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mayka closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.