May House

• Veg-friendly
Contact 515-292-2089

3417 Lincoln Way (at S. Franklin Ave.), Ames, Iowa, USA, 50010

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chinese restaurant with entire separate vegetarian menu stating that they cook vegetarian cuisine on separate surfaces and with separate utensils. Almost all "mock" products: mock beef, mock chicken. Some tofu dishes. Vegetarian eggrolls. They don't use fish or oyster sauce.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by sarahjane

Good, cheap Chinese food - Edit

Mayhouse has a separate vegetarian menu. Their mock meats (wheat meat) are pretty good. I eat at Mayhouse when I want Chinese and am not in the mood for tofu.

Pros: Low price, Very friendly staff

Very good veggie opt.. - Edit

My husband and I eat here every week. Very good Chinese food for vegans.
Poor atmosphere.

Pros: Cheap, Good, veg choices

Cons: gross bathroom, creepy atmosphere, No waiter, Cafateria style

My favorite Chinese - Edit

I love this restaurant. This restaurant is veg friendly, they have mock beef and chicken. I have never tasted chicken or beef, so cannot compare, but the mock meat do taste to my liking. Portions are large and the price is very economical. I am frequent visitor of this place. They can make any meat dishes on the menu and substitute with mock meat. I do wish that on the menu he would list the description, so I can make some choices, but it has not been an issue since the owner is very friendly and describes the menu item nicely. They do use MSG, so ask them to leave it out if you do not like it. They do mention using separate pots and pans for cooking vegetarian dishes, so cross contamination does not happen.

Pros: Excellent Value, Friendly, Mock Meat

Cons: Menu Description

Return to Ames Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has May House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1087 times since Nov 2009.