May and Mark Restaurant

Contact 075612562

Maharat Soi 10, Krabi Town, Krabi, Thailand, 81000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes a vegetarian section offering Thai and Western fare like sauteed tofu in basil-chili sauce, burritos, and smoothies. It is known more for its baked breads and sweets. Moved to Soi 10 from Soi 2, now on the corner adjacent to the 7/11 store and the food market. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Thai, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Sue P

Good for Veggies not so much for Vegans. - Edit

Huge menu with lots of veggie options. They do have soy milk (does not say in the menu so just ask) but many of the veggie options look vegan but cannot be made vegan because the dishes are pre-prepared. Bit disappointing. Still, it is nice to have some western, healthy options and the dishes we had were quite good.

Pros: Healthy options

Cons: Little bit pricey, Many veggie options can't be vegan

Friendly place and good food - Edit

The restaurant had a nice homely feel to it, the food was cheap and there was a good range of vegan options. We had the battered tofu, battered vegetables, Thai green curry and veggie burger. All of which was delicious. Just make sure to ask them to hold the sweet chilli sauce on the battered food and hold the mayo on the burger.

Great place and will be coming back!

They know what vegan means, which is good for Krabi! - Edit

Sitting inside this cafe, you could be forgiven for thinking you were anywhere in Europe. They serve coffee Italian style (I had an espresso, which was classically served with a glass of iced water), and the venue is frequented by a mixture of cultures, including lots of travellers. They have a lot of baked goods for sale, but as far as I could tell, only the brown bread was suitable for vegans. In case you didn't know, most bread in Thailand contains milk, and sometimes egg aswell, so to find vegan bread is a big deal here! They were kind and aware enough to let me know that the bread I ordered wasn't vegan, and directed me to the brown bread.

My omni partner orderd Tom Yum soup, but was misheard and served tomato soup... to my enjoyment, as I had it instead. It was so fresh and tasty. A really rich pomodoro flavour. It came with one slice of brown bread. The veggie burger I had lacked substance, sadly. I'd actually describe it as bubble n' squeak (for any brits out there), and was mostly potato, with not much flavour or spice. Sadly, this let it down. I would trust their pomodoro type sauce though, so if I fancied spaghetti, I'd definitely go back here, as I have a feeling they would use the same base as that rich, tomatoey soup. Yum.

They also do tofu dishes (sweet and sour or with beansprouts in sauce for example) as well as things like pizza, enchiladas and tacos.

Pros: The location is easy and convenient to find (on th, The staff seemed to understand what vegan means wi, Serves espresso coffee.

Cons: Expensive for Thailand, but somewhat within the pr

worst dinner ever - Edit

I order:
"Natural apple juice"... Was not from fruit, it is artificial, I didn't drink it, chemical flavour.
"Vegetarian Cheese and Onion pie with mashed potatoes and gravy"... Taked around 25 minutes to make, the pie was not what I order and the gravy was not vegetarian.
My friend ordered:
"Pineapple juice"... The smallest in the world, 45 baht for 200ml.
"Tofu Tacos with salad", Salad? Where? 1 Leave of lettuce, 1 slice of tomato and 2 of cucumber... And the tasteless tofu ever!!

Waste of time, money and food.
Also the wait-staff doesn't speak any English, so dont think to make special requests.
When I ask for the bill, the waitress never bring it to me.
I don't know how this restaurant is on the lonely planet book.

Disappointed at all.
I give 0 stars if i can.

Pros: nothing

Cons: slow service, not a single English speaker, food tasteless

disappointed - Edit

Yes, the menu has vegetarian options. But alas, the pad thai came with chicken inside.
So not that vegetarian-minded, therefor no reason to be on the Happy Cow.
(For excellent veg curry in a non veg place rather go to the River View Restaurant same road nearer to the river)

Cons: veg dish served with chicken :(

has moved location - Edit

It is now located next to the fruit and vegetable night market. My daughter had breakfast here and enjoyed the great fresh baked brown bread and home made jam. We did not eat here in the evening as the vegetarian options were very limited.

Pros: great bread and jam, good coffee

Cons: Limited vegetarian options

Return to Krabi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has May and Mark Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.