Maxwells Cafe Bar

+44-1200443906

54-56 King St, Clitheroe, England

Serves meat, vegan options available. This family-owned cafe bar introduced a vegan menu in 2016 which has nachos, tortilla chips with guacamole & salsa, creamed corn stuffed mushrooms, cajun salad, club sandwich, soya tomato pasta, mushrooms burger with sweet potato fries, sweet potato & sweetcorn tacos. Busy at lunchtime. Open Mon-Wed 9:00am-5:00pm, Thu 9:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-12:00am, Sun 10:00am-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, British, Non-veg

First Review by Veganolive1

Vegan menu available - Edit

Had a nice meal at Maxwell's tonight- zucchini 'burger' (was on panini-style bread) was great and trio of sorbets delicious! Great to have a dedicated vegan menu.

Vegan Menu Offered - Edit

Maxwells is a cafe bar in the market town of Clitheroe who have recently offered a vegan menu. I visited for lunch and chose the Cajun vegetable salad with pine nuts, a portion of chips and large Americano. The coffee was excellent I wanted another! The salad was huge, for my taste it needed a big whack of more Cajun spices or chilli and some of the crisp sweet potatoes on my husbands superfood salad. But I enjoyed it and polished it off all the same, but fabulous to have a choice. The chips were lovely too. It is fantastic they offer a vegan menu and I will definitely return and try some of their other dishes. Friendly and very helpful staff especially Phil who gave me a copy of the menu to take with me.

I made a second lunch visit to Maxwells today and ordered the vegan club sandwich of houmous, beef tomato, spinach, black and green olives on bloomer bread served with some salad. It was absolutely delicious and I would definitely order again. I also noticed that a chap on the table behind ordered the sweet potato and sweetcorn tin tacos which looked really good too, so will give that a try next visit.

Updated from previous review on 2016-06-29

Pros: Vegan menu offered, Friendly and helpful staff

Return to Clitheroe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maxwells Cafe Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.