CLOSED: Max Pettchen

• Vegan

Contact +49-3044036048

Baldestrasse 21 (at Ecke Auenstrasse), Munich, Germany, 80469

The 'little brother' bistro of Max Pett. A 100% vegan bistro serving a daily changing menu of sandwiches, lunch, soups, cakes, pies, smoothies, coffee, tea, baked goods. Located inside vegan supermarket Veganz. No longer in Veganz, however their main restaurant is still open as of April 2015.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Raw, Bakery

First Review by amurleopard42

Pleasant lunch stop - Edit

This restaurant just consists of a few tables and chairs in the entrance area of the small Veganz supermarket, yet it was my favourite restaurant of the three I visited while staying in Munich!

Although the location in the supermarket means little space and is a bit unrelaxed because customers walk by all the time, it's still cozy and feels very welcoming. Staff were brilliant, too, explaining all the different options and being totally friendly. I chose the daily special, which was a pumpkin and Swiss chard sabji with a side salad. The dish tasted really good. For dessert, I had a chocolate cup cake which looked lovely but unfortunately it tasted a bit dry, although the topping was perfect.
I also had fresh ginger tea which was excellent and something I did not see on offer in too many restaurants so far, so I appreciated it!

They also offer several kinds of bread rolls made with different things and spreads and I was delighted by that idea. Bread rolls with cheese or meat are essential for most German people, but ready-made vegan alternatives are hard to come by. So I did not hesitate and got one of those bread rolls, made with Antipasti. It tasted well, although it was quite a slippery thing!

The bill came to roughly 17,00€ which was fine for the main dish, the cup cake, the fresh tea and the bread roll.

After a stroll around the supermarket I left stuffed and happy!

Pros: Good food, Go shopping in supermarket afterwards, Fantastic staff

Cons: Location is a bit out of the way, Located in entrance area = not relaxed

Great food to fuel up before shopping at Veganz! - Edit

I have tried this bistro several times with take away sandwiches which I really liked. The have any interesting selection of sandwiches, smaller lunch items and baked goods. Depending on time of day you might be out of luck with a big selection though. Unfortunately I must have gotten the staff on a bad day as they were not very friendly nor actually say alot of anything when asked about the different items (this was the first time I ate there)

Pros: inexpensive food, conveniently located in Veganz supermart, great and tasty selection

Cons: staff was unfriendly (on my visit), selection can be limited

Great little bistrot - Edit

Nice little bistro inside the Veganz supermarket. (maybe a bit too small) I tried several of their cakes, smoothies and the flatbread, as well as the coffees. Everything was perfect! Service was really nice.
Recommended!

friendly staff, delicious food, great supermarket - Edit

I visited with my meat-loving boyfriend and we both loved the food. The staff were really friendly and spoke English with us. I had a fantastic gnocchi and my boyfriend had a spinach and tofu flatbread, like a pizza. We also bought some delicious vegan chocolate treats from the supermarket. This is a great little cafe and its a shame I wasn't in Munich longer to go a second time!

Pros: friendly staff, supermarket inside, speak English

A great place for breakfast! - Edit

My missus and I came here in the morning at 9, when the place opened, and were greeted by two friendly members of staff. They were preparing fresh sandwiches, but we started with the sweet option: two "Genießer", which is small menu consisting of a croissant with jam and vegan "butter", and a hot drink. We haven't had croissants in ages because they usually aren't vegan, and these two were finger licking good. There was still butter and jam left, so we ordered two fresh "Steinofen-Weckerl" (stone-baked white bread rolls), which were just the right mixture of crisp and fluffy. Greedy as we are, we continued with soy yoghurt and fruit, and had a piece of blueberry and blackcurrant cake -- very delicious too. Now we were full and very happy, but we didn't leave the place without taking out one of the fresh sandwiches ("salami" and "cheese" with salad), two more of the addictive bread rolls, and an amply marzipany almond crescent. Next time in Munich will be breakfast at Max Pettchen again. :)

Pros: Delicious breakfast, Addictive bakery products, Staff takes care of special requests

Return to Munich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Max Pettchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2571 times since Feb 2014.