Max Pett

089-55869119

Pettenkoferstrasse 8, Munich, Germany, 80336

Est. Nov 2010 by vegan owners. No alcohol served but a wide selection of alcohol free wines and even champagne. Cash or debit card. Must call ahead as open days and hours are irregular. NOTE 2017: see reviews for concerns regarding the restaurant's political stance.

Category: Vegan, Fusion, German

First Review by chribuch

Very tasty food - Edit

Nice restaurant , all vegan , friendly staff. The quality of food is amazing . Very good soups and salads . We took the quinoa . Amazing . A little bit pricey but it worth a visit

Excelent!!!!! - Edit

We were a group of friends,some vegan some not and we had the best meal!
I recommend the white asparagus soup,egg plant rolls with vegan mozzarella and deserts!

Pros: food, staf, location

Good food - Edit

I only had a soup and a taste of a polenta pizza, but both was good, ,service was fast and friendly, everything fine. Prices ok for Munich.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Relatively affordable

bellissimo - Edit

Bel posticino accogliente, cibo veramente buono e anche il personale è davvero gente!

vegan & alcohol-free - Edit

I am very sorry, but after 1 December 2016 I had to rethink. I removed Max Pett from my favourites an have to correct my review. Here's why:
It was one of our favourite places to take out friends for a dinner (or to celebrate anniversaries) and to have delicious ice cream in summer.
Last December we went there to have a nice dinner for two on the occasion of my wife's birthday. The restaurant was full, we had a reservation and were seated. We ordered - my wife only a main dish, me a starter and a main dish. The starter came in time, it was as good as expected. Then we waited for the main dish. And waited. And waited. After half an hour I asked the waiter (!) what was going on, he apologized and after another 15 minutes our meal was served. At this point my wife was already very hungry and angry. Birthday mood gone. She had a kind of a roasted pumpkin with a filling. The pumpkin was rather soft, no traces of roast or grill and the filling tasted like vegetable stock with a very dominant celery. My wife was very disappointed and left.
The waiter offered me to pay only one dish and an ice cream (in December!) for my wife, who was waiting outside in the cold, because she couldn't stand it anymore. This was a nice gesture from the waiter, but too late.
I remember that we made a similiar experience there some years ago in the summer. The reason for the delay in both cases were some conflicts in the kitchen.

Updated from previous review on 2016-03-04

Pros: great food, delicious ice cream, awesome cakes

Cons: usually very crowded, sometimes slow service, sometimes they just forget you

absolutely amazing - Edit

Real quality food in a friendly atmosphere. The food was without a doubt some of the best vegan food you can have. It was a little pricy but most definitely worth every cent paid. Traditional German dishes which makes the experience of visiting Germany so much more worth while. Will be coming back here in the future for sure! Loved it!

Pros: great food, friendly staff

Cons: expensive , no efptos

wonderful - Edit

Very good food and very friendly staff!
I recomend to eat the Cordon Bleu in vegan version, it's amazing, the best taste I've ever proved!

Pros: Only vegan an non alchoolic drinks

Amazing food - Edit

This is honestly the most delicious food you will find in munich. They have veganized traditional german dishes as well as extraordinary food combinations, you have never tasted before. I've been al Max Pett a few times, mostly at special occasions as the price is a bit higher. Bring a bit of time as the food often takes very long to be served.

Pros: FOOD

Cons: Price, Time

very good - Edit

The food is very good and the menu have several choices. The price is a bit high for my budget but it is worth the visit.

Pros: variety, staff, location

Cons: price

Awesome vegan Restaurant - Edit

The food was absolutely delicious and staff/waiters were very friendly. There are raw vegan options and many different meals to chose from. Only four stars though because it's a liiiiiittle bit to pricy (around 20€ for one meal and one drink). But if you chose sth from the daily Menue it's only 9,50€ for a meal and either soup or dessert which is a very good price.

max Pett - Edit

My boyfriend and I had lunch there. He had the "wiener schnitzel" which was really really good! I had the "kässpatzn" they were good too but really really oily!!! There was so much oil in it that i felt sick after eating almost half of it :( it put 5 spoons full of oil out of it and it was still super oily :( that was pretty disappointing.
I recommend to book a table because it was full when we arrived.

Vegan Love in the Heart of Munich - Edit

We regularly visit Munich and Max Pett is a gem in the city.
It is easy to reach, by underground at Sendlinger Tor or tram 17. Also 7 minute walk from the train station.
Be aware the opening hours changed and this week they open at 11:30. Check before you come.
The staff is extremly friendly and born to serve.
The food is always delicious with the right portion of salad included into your main meal. It is always tasty and creative on New menus.
Daily menü is below 10 EUR.
Lately during main hours it is better to reserve your seat in advance as it become a very popular place, for the right reason.
We would Love to thank all the staff for the great tasty meals and the servise....

nice place - Edit

the food is tasty and not costly. I don't like the interior design so much but the seating options outside are very nice. Especially the cakes are very good!

Das meiste sehr gut - Edit

Dem Max Pett muss man allein deshalb die Treue halten, weil es das erste rein vegane Restaurant in München war (mal abgesehen vom Tushita Teehaus, welches aber halt kein reines Restaurant ist).
Ich finde man kann im Max Pett schön draußen sitzen, drinnen ist es ok, aber das ist geschmackssache...
Die meisten Gerichte, die ich dort in den letzen 6 Jahren (mit mehreren Besuchen jährlich) gegessen habe, waren sehr gut. Allerdings schleicht sich dann doch das eine oder andere Essen darunter, das ziemlich lahm ist.

Ebenso lahm kann auch die Bedienung sein. Es gab leider schon Tage, an denen ich meine gute Laune nur der "veganen Sache" wegen behalten habe; in einem anderen Lokal wäre ich gegangen. Aber es gab auch genauso viele Tage mit exzellentem Service...

Zusammenfassend:
Wer traditionelle (Fleisch-)Küche gerne vegan mag, der ist hier genau richtig. Als einmaliges Erlebnis immer ein Besuch wert, auf Dauer dann für meinen Geschmack etwas langweilig und einfach. Und die Preise dafür dann doch relativ hoch.

Pros: Good food, Outdoor sitting

Cons: Sometimes bad service

Delicious food - Edit

The restaurant offers a menu with some local cuisine options. You can seat outside and enjoy the weather. The service was fast and nice.

Pros: All vegan. Some traditional Bavarian dishes.

Cons: Expensive

Great food, crap service - Edit

This was our second visit, after coming a few years ago when visiting Munich. Got there about 4 to book for later and the guy was as friendly as anything but when we came back or booking had been crossed it and our table at the back given to someone else; we were squeezed in right by the kitchen but no-one apologised. We were disappointed that the set menu was no longer available (at 6.30pm...) so ordered from the main menu: the food is really good and there's a reasonable number of choices without being too many, don't expect a cheap meal though. Cakes are lovely, I've rarely tasted such refined vegan cakes! Coffee was not nice, not sure why, plus we were charged 1 euro for each(tiny) glass of tap water... come on guys! And yeah, service was terrible, but I think it was just one of the waitresses and the other was ok.

Sunday lunch in a city where most places are closed - Edit

Arriving from Verona on train on a Sunday Max Prett was a welcomed relief from train junk food. I ordered the raw bowl and my friend the nachos. My meal was delicious, well sized and well priced. The staff were chilled and friendly. I'll admit at times I find restaurant servers intimidating so their warm demeanour was greatly appreciated.

Pros: Serving size, Friendly staff, Chill vibe

Cons: the nachos have a lot of soy cheese

literally the best restaurant - Edit

I've been here at least ten or more times and I've never been disappointed with neither the food nor the staff. their faux meat is amazing (get the schnitzel!) and their specials are always creative and delicious as well. the best dishes are probably the nachos, semmelknoedel, the truffle ravioli (actually everything is delicious!) and the avocado ice cream is to die for! i come here every time i visit munich and the staff is always smiling and helpful; truly a great restaurant and a place you must try out !

Pros: beautiful interior, every dish is delicious, lovely staff

Return to Munich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Max Pett closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.