CLOSED: Mawa's Taste Of Africa

Contact 919-321-8360

152 Morrisville Square Way, Morrisville, North Carolina, USA, 27560

Serves meat, vegan options available. The menu is inspired by the entire Continent of Africa from Tunisia to South Africa and from Senegal to Ethiopia. Menu has a separate vegan section with many dishes. Saturdays they have an exotic dinner menu with many vegetarian and vegan dishes. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Catering, African, Ethiopian, Non-veg

First Review by jimandlinda

All yummy so far - Edit

I'm slowly making my way through the vegan parts of the lunch menu, though I'd be happy just ordering the Daheen each time. Some spicy dishes, some not; all have been good.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good variety

Great VEGAN food available here! - Edit

Hubby & I found and tried this place while visiting in the area. We told server we found it on HappyCow and got a free appetizer! Mawa herself came out to make our meals vegan...and absolutely delicious. Curry=Kenya was stewed veggies in sweet spicy curry over rice. Yassa-Senecal was grilled portabello smoothered in spicy onion sauce over rice. Both many dinner courses were huge yet we ate nearly every bite. I decided to order her Beignets de Pmmmes (Fried apples with cinnamon sauce) to go for later in evening then we ate every delicious bite as soon as we returned to our hotel. Prices were quite reasonable. Service was excellent. Owner was friendly and anxious to accomodate vegans. Minted sweet tea was amazing. Only negative we have is we don't live here yet (plan to retire here next year). Go....go often....tell your friends...tell your relatives...you get the picture!

Pros: friendly owner, excellent spicy food, good value

Return to Morrisville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Mawa's Taste Of Africa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 202 times since Aug 2010.