Mavi Kus

Contact +48-799069798

Jaskolcza 15, Poznan, Poland,

Opened spring 2014, a veggie spot serving soul food cuisine with breakfast, lunch, and supper. Coffee and desserts. Warm vibe. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Beer/Wine, European, Turkish

First Review by esther.a

An Incredible Potato Treat - Edit

Have you ever tried a giant potato filled with proper fresh and delicious veggie dishes? If not, that's the place to go! A nice idea, brought from Turkey, reminding me of American spud, but definitely Poznan version is much better! Potato comes with cold salads and hummus and a variety of hot dishes to chose from or mix.
The staff is extremely friendly. A lovely young vegan girl with colourful hair explained to me what the place is about. Ask for vegan version with olive oil instead of butter and cheese. All dishes otherwise vegan.
Wonderful fresh veggie juices and mixtures.
Quiet and with a very good wi fi access, suitable to work at.

Pros: food, staff, price

Great the first time, Poor the second - Edit

First time I went here I got a truly fantastic vegan coconut curry and a green juice.

Not only was the food great and affordable, but the waiter was very helpful and translated everything.

The 2nd time, my experience was the opposite.
Me and my friend ordered the spicy hot dog baked potato and asked (in Polish and in English) for the vegan version, while pointing at the word 'weganskie'on the menu.

But after my first bite, I realised that the meal was full of cheese. I asked the staff about this and their reaction was "no big problem. it's only cheese". No refund was offered.

After this,they assured my friend that his meal wouldnt contain cheese. Once again, his was served with a huge mound of cheese mixed in.

It's a shame, because the food was so good the first time but I can't go back to a place which doesn't understand veganism.

Pros: Capable of some excellent food, the juices are great

Cons: they put dairy in a 'vegan' meal

What a great baked potato! - Edit

I was a bit apprehensive about this place because there was nobody inside besides staff. But it did not disappoint. I got the "hot" menu option with a vegan kielbasa. It's basically a huge baked potato topped with an enormous amount of tasty toppings. I also got a green smoothie that was quite tasty. All in all, the best meal I had while in Poznań.

Pros: food, location, staff

nice place for a family - Edit

a small but very nice restaurant next to "Stary Rynek". We tried a vegan baked potato, served here with Aslan & vegan cheese & vegetables. Delicious and inexpensive. Kids loved the spot, as they found here a pirate box with toys and games - they did not want to leave.
Warm atmosphere and kind English speaking staff.

Pros: fresh, healthy, inexpensive

healthy option at the Poznan Old Town - Edit

Mavi Kuş is a veggie place hidden behind the Old Town (Stary Rynek) near Szkolna St. It offers vegetarian & vegan food, delicious vegan cakes and Turkish waffles.
Kumpir - the big Turkish potato is a must to eat - it comes with warm fusion dishes and amazing parsley pesto & hummus.
A good alternative to kebab bars around, Mavi Kuş is open late in the night.
Friendly, helpful staff.

Pros: good value, excellent fresh food, Turkish music

Return to Poznan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mavi Kus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.