Maui Kombucha

Contact 808-575-5233

810 Kokomo Rd Unit 136, Haiku, Hawaii, USA, 96708

Cafe and kombucha bar serving primarily raw food with the exception of cooked soup and cooked grain bowl. The only non-vegan item is bee pollen which is an ingredient in an occasional dessert. Makes kombucha served on tap. A refrigerator case is filled throughout the day with grab-n-go raw entrees (pizza, wrap, hummus platter) along with raw desserts and chocolate. Mon-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Raw, Take-out

First Review by Nathan

Delicious kombucha - Edit

I only ordered kombucha, and not food, but I loved the flavor that I ordered, and appreciated the friendly service and helpful samples before committing to a takeaway order. The kombucha was some of the best quality I have sampled. I especially liked the mojito flavor and the lemon honey flavor. The service was prompt, helpful, and so friendly.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Superb kombucha, Friendly service

I would eat here everyday if I could - Edit

This place was well worth the drive. I stayed in Kihei on my trip and came out here twice because I was so impressed. The desserts are to die for and the kombucha is fresh on tap. I never wanted to leave. Its also close to a super amazing beach that I also never wanted to leave so pair it with fresh kombucha and I could die happy.
I had breakfast here one morning and then grabbed a pie of cacao hazelnut torte for later. OMG. I can't even describe the heaven I had in my mouth with the first bite. The staff were friendly, adorable, and super helpful. They even let me try all 3 flavours of kombucha on tap before I chose the one I wanted. I'd go back to Hawaii just to eat here again.

Pros: Great raw food, Out of this world desserts, Kombucha on tap

Cons: A little small with limited seating, A bit of a drive from Kihei

Healthy Raw Fast Food - Edit

Really cool little spot that makes strong kombucha.

I tried most of their deserts and a few of their mains, all of which were very tasty and quick!

Definitely check this place out when you get the chance.

Worth the drive - Edit

I have eaten here maybe 25 times and never been disappointed; additionally, I often bring my guests vacationing on the island here, and they end up going there to eat several times in the duration of their short stay! The selection of raw food is impressive, as well as their salad ingredients, and raw desserts. There are always free tastings of their kombucha on tap, service is friendly (I am always treated like family), and all ingredients are listed or available for those with dietary restrictions.

Pros: Quality, affordable raw food fare, Integrity of food , Staff will accommodate dietary requests

Cons: Location is hidden from street, Difficult to find-it's in the very back!, Small place, limited seating

Clean, Healthy, Tasty - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and was just here in December 2012. Here's my Maui Kombucha review.

It's a little cafe in the back of the Haiku town center where some shops and restaurants on, in the same area as the restaurant VegOut.

Their specialty is kombucha on tap for beverage and raw food and desserts for eating. We were treated to sample shots of kombucha. Interesting, though the alcohol content made me a bit warm.

We ordered the MK raw burger, $11, which came with a side of salted dehydrated vegetable sticks, $1.50. The burger was was delicious but the vegetable sticks, while interestingly spiced, was too salty.

We also got their cooked bowl of the day, a millet and rice bowl topped with salad greens, $8. That was yummy, too.

The fridge was filled with all kinds of raw pies and chocolate bars. We tried the mixed fruit parfait and enjoy it, too, $6. Their chocolate raw pie was yum, too, $6.

I would definitely recommend coming here when in this part of Maui.

Pros: excellent raw pies, tasty raw food, quaint little place

Really good raw food - Edit

This place had excellent raw food options. We picked up a raw lasagna/salad combo and a raw philly cheesesteak to take with us on the road to Hana. We didn't end up eating them until the next morning but they were both excellent the next day. Better than many raw food dishes I have had at other raw restaurants.

We did pick up a glass of kombucha. I have never really liked kombucha but thought that I might like this since it was brewed fresh. Unfortunately I still didn't like it but my husband happily drank it.

Pros: Good raw options, nice staff, food refrigerates well

Best raw, vegan food on Maui, hands down! - Edit

I spent a year living on Maui in 2009/2010 and frequented MK often. Their food was always super fresh, raw, vegan & %100 organic, and, much if it was local. (I can attest to that because I used to sell to them at the local farmers market!)

Their deserts are to die for and their Kombucha is equally good. The place is cozy with a nice atmosphere.

Pros: Fresh, local organic, %100 raw/vegan

Cons: Not visible from street/hidden

Return to Haiku Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maui Kombucha closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1736 times since Aug 2011.