First Review by Henry the Ate

Unexpectedly amazing food - Edit

We were not convinced about this place after seeing pictures and reading the reviews on here, but since it was close to our hotel we decided to give it a try, and boy were we happy we did!

Every single dish we ordered was flavorful and well made, even including stir fried veggies. We went for Bitter gourd, Fish in tomato sauce and Khmer noodles and loved them all.

Service was very pleasant as well, and dishes reasonable priced. Give this place a try! We are glad we did!

Food not great but friendly staff - Edit

I didn't enjoy the food here. I ordered spring rolls thinking they'd be vegetable - they were filled with fake meat that didn't taste good and were a very strange texture. I also had Vietnamese soup, and the broth was fairly tasty (if a bit greasy), but again the bowl also had an assortment of fake meats. The fake meat was a little bit too real for my liking, and i also prefer to eat vegetables over fake meat in general.

The staff were really friendly and the food wasn't too expensive.

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: Fake meat too realistic, Food a bit greasy

great food, comfortable place - Edit

unlike many of the other vegetarian eateries in phnom penh, this actually is a nice air conditioned place to sit and enjoy food. the food we tried was flavorful and had original taste inspired by khmer, vietnamese, thai and chinese dishes.

quite a few of dishes a prepared with vegetarian fish sauce or vegetarian fermented fish paste, both of which smell pretty bad. never mind, the taste is great.

Pros: comfortable and centrally located, affordable, genuinely prepared fresh food, diverse asian cuisines and flavours

Cons: the outdoor sitting area is used for parking

Hungry Vegan's Delight!!! - Edit

What you were looking for. Real food, real price. After so many budget vegetarian places,that liberally use eggs and too many 'raw, organic, superfood' places where I spend ten dollars and then head over to the budget noodle shop to finally fill my stomachs, I found this place. Two sisters making local food with local ingredients for local prices in an upscale stting. Leave your carnivore partner at the nearby Buffalo Sister and walk two minutes to this vegan safe-haven. Indulge in the exquisite flavours of Siam. I have been to almost half of the places listed on this page. Now I'm home.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-06

Pros: Taste, price, quality, atmosphere, A meal costs less than the avg daily income, Vegan!!!!

Cons: No artsy menu , No claims of organic superfoods

Return to Phnom Penh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Master Ruma Happy Golden Age closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.