Mason Dixon Bakery & Bistro

2358 Whitesburg Dr S, Huntsville, Alabama, USA, 35801

Serves meat, vegan options available. Dedicated gluten-free bakery. Has a separate vegan menu which includes salads, sides, sandwiches, and dessert - ask for it. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-6:00pm, Sat 8:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Manlyvegan

boujen

Points +16

16 Feb 2020

Brunch Biscuits!

Go for Saturday brunch! The dairy-free biscuits with mushroom gravy are amazing. They also have vegan cupcakes! 😍

AlleyYooo

Points +34

04 Feb 2020

Yummy desserts!

The meals were good but not great. We got cake pops and cupcakes that were awesome though!

Profoundanguish

Points +15

Vegetarian
17 Jan 2020

Bakery with Dairyfree/vegan options

Impressed with how great the dairyfree donuts were. The customer service could be better though.

Pros: Vegan baked goods, Healthy food options

Cons: Customer service

lizardperson

Points +42

17 Dec 2019

Good dessert, skip the rest

The food was pretty meh but the dessert (cake/cupcakes) was pretty good.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options , Good cake

Cons: Rather bland tasting breakfast

OlinkaSP

Points +13

Mostly Veg
09 Dec 2019

Sweet little spot

We come here a few times a month and their food is always delicious. Their house made soup always varies each week and most often it’s vegan.
We also ordered a custom cake for my daughter’s birthday from here vegan, gf made with honey instead of sugar and everybody loved it.

Pros: Everything is gluten free, Military discount

JonathanTippett

Points +44

14 Nov 2019

Excellent customer service and excellent tasting vegan food.

From ordering to my first bite was amazing. So great we had to order another burger and some goodies to go.

Pros: Great options for vegans

DanaStoneking

Points +45

Vegetarian
24 Sep 2019

Lovely cafe!

This is such a great little cafe that has yummy vegan options. For my business trip I literally ate here for dinner, breakfast and lunch. Very nice and accommodating staff.

JamesMadsen

Points +93

24 Aug 2019

Not to be missed!

What a lovely place! Since it serves nonvegan as well as vegan items, four stars is the highest rating on Happy Cow, but it's five-star quality. A little small, but cozy and friendly. Bobby and Christian waited on me and made me feel right at home, as did a couple eating not far from me. And Ashley, the owner, a Ph.D. biochemist who founded Mason Dixon to be completely gluten-free, was also very gracious. Not everything is vegan, but the vegan Ultimate Veggie Burger, vegan cupcakes, and vegan cake pop that I ordered were delicious. Excellent ambience and excellent food. Thank you very much!

Pros: Delicious vegan food., Incredibly friendly staff., Cozy ambience.

BEETxBEET

Points +84

17 Nov 2018

Vegan options in Alabama

Was pleasantly surprised to find this place with some great vegan options! Cute on the inside and easy to order at the counter. Brought the family and everyone was satisfied.

Pros: Handful of vegan options , Clearly marked menus , Knowledgeable staff

skipperkt

Points +217

29 Jun 2018

great cakes!

I was surprised with 2 birthday cakes from here last week and they were both fantastic. The cloud 9 cake is chocolate with vanilla icing and the Cookie Monster is essentially the same cake but instead of icing between the layers it has cookie dough. As far as I know this is the only store-front where you can get vegan cakes in Huntsville. Highly recommended!

apharris

Points +32

09 Sep 2017

GF DF options

It was a cute but very small space. They have a variety of dessert options that are vegan and gluten free which is nice.

Pros: Lots to choose from. Responsible and knowledgeable

Cons: Pretty expensive. For 6 cupcakes for a friend's bi

WYNomad

Points +51

Herbivore
13 Jun 2017

glad to see vegan options in Huntsville

Superb dining experience...friendly, courteous staff and delicious meal

PartTimeVegan

Points +65

Mostly Veg
12 Jun 2017

great spot, great options

Fantastic place to grab breakfast, lunch, or pastries/coffee, with nice outdoor patio seating available most of the year. Lots of tasty choices for vegans, paleo dieters, and omnivores, all gluten-free. Allergy-aware and allergy-friendly.

Pros: cute space, friendly knowledgable staff, great food

Raesock

Points +594

25 Mar 2017

Delicious Muffin!

I stopped in here to get a quick to go breakfast. They had a carrot apple muffin which didn't LOOK great, but I was starving so I got it to go. It was SO delicious! Perfectly moist and flavorful, I wish I had gotten two. I also go two cookie monster cupcakes to go (with cookie dough inside!) to share when I got home. Also delicious, you would never guess they were gluten free. I look forward to trying more here when I'm back in town.

NiaBrookeBurns

Points +33

01 Sep 2016

I ordered delivery and was pleasantly surprised

Everything in this restaurant is gluten-free, many options are soy-free, and almost every item has a vegan or vegetarian friendly option.
I ordered the vegan BLT, General Tso Broccoli, and a cupcake. the icing was to die for and the cupcake wasn't bad.
Definitely recommend this place if you get a chance!

Pros: Lots of substitutes, vegan and vegetarian options.

Cons: none that I can think of

KathyO

Points +32

18 May 2016

Fresh and Local--plus gluten free!

This is a completely gluten free restaurant and bakery. The cupcakes are wonderful. The sandwiches are interesting. Produce is local and fresh.

Manlyvegan

Points +86

17 Mar 2016

Happy to find this spot!

In an area pretty dismal for vegan choices this was a welcome find.

Everything is labeled and the vegan menu is on the reverse side of the menu, no need to ask for it. I had the house salad which was delicious and a side of buffalo cauliflower, which was simply roasted and tossed in hot sauce. Filled me up without weighing me down.

They also have sandwiches including a bahn mi.

Vegan desserts have a separate area of the bakery case and all their allergens are listed in their name card. I had a Cookie Monster cupcake with with stuffed with a scoop of cookie dough. Could not tell it was vegan or gluten free!

Pros: Good food., Outdoor seating.

Return to Huntsville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mason Dixon Bakery & Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.