Masala Masala - Odengatan

• ( 22 reviews )

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian restaurants offering vegetarian/vegan selection. Vegan include dhal makhooni, sabji kofta, mushroom vegetables, dishes with oumph, thali with vegan naan, and lassi. Lunch set comes with coffee/tea, lemonade, papadum, mango chutney, and salad. Specify vegan when ordering. Discounts available for members of Hyresgästföreningen. Accepts cash. Note: Many businesses in Sweden are cashless. Open Mon-Fri 10:30-20:00, Sat-Sun 12:00-20:00.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Uniko

André3000

Points +411

13 Jun 2021

Vegan friendly and spicy!

Ate spinach and tofu blend with garlic nan bread. Absolutey lovely! Despite that indian food is sometimes mainly vegeterian it can be though finding resturants with more than 3 vegan choices...this is not the case here. They have 17 main vegan dishes and deserts on top of that...AWESOME! it is easy pointed out on the menue that it is vegan...so no need to hassle...ah just that is argument enough to go here hahaha.

Pros: 17 vegan main dishes AND a couple of deserts , vegan garlic Nan bread (hard to find)., Super friendly staff. So Nice.

Cons: Expensive. But I don't give [censored]....

nogodsjustwriters

Points +567

Vegetarian
10 Apr 2021

Hit the spot

We ordered a late lunch from Masala Masala. Good stuff. Delivery guy was very friendly, although the food could have come in more eco-friendly packaging. Portions were generous and my Vegan Oumph Vindaloo hit the spot. Nice to see a vegan-aware Indian restaurant. Wouldn't hesitate to order again or stop by for dining-in.

Pros: Clearly labelled vegan and vegetarian options , Tasty food, Friendly delivery staff

Cons: Food could come in more eco-friendly packaging

Amy1274

Points +4999

19 Nov 2020

Finally, a hot curry!

I was impressed with both the food and the friendly service here. The location is great, just next to Odenplan station, and the atmosphere is cosy. Vegan dishes are labeled on the menu although there are two things to be wary of - the Oumph! vindaloo is listed in the vegan section but without a green vegan label next to it - this is veganisable, but not vegan on default. Also there is vegan salad served with vegan mains, but when we ordered a vegan starter we were served non-vegan salad - so it is a good idea to specify this when ordering. Luckily my partner could eat it and the server was apologetic and bought me a vegan version immediately.

For a main I had the veganised Oumph! vindaloo, served with rice, plus a vegan garlic naan. The naan was amazing, as was the sauce! It is difficult to find curries that are hot enough for my liking, but this one definitely was! However, I would have appreciated more vegetables in the sauce, rather than just mock meat. It was very filling and whilst they have vegan sorbet for dessert, I was too full to try it.

Delivery and pick-up are available too, with a 10% discount for collection.

Pros: Food quality, Friendly service, Many vegan options

Cons: One dish labeled confusingly, Not fully vegan

mik

Points +2279

26 Jan 2020

A reliable but pricy choice

I've visited this place, or actually these places, on a few occasions. I've never been disappointed, but boy, it ain't cheap! Last time I ordered kofta I could only find literally 3-4 balls.. delicious though. And the other day I opted for a mango lassi... but hey, 49 sek and it wasn't even freshly made, they probably just made a big amount of it earlier that day and poured it as folks ordered.
Staff are friendly and accommodating, so Masala Masala is still definitely worth trying.. maybe lunch would be a better option, depending on one's budget.

billyrose

Points +278

22 Sep 2019

Great place, slightly confused service

In my opinion one of the best Indian places in Stockholm! I especially recommend the oumph tikka masala which is incredibly creamy. The only negative thing is that the staff pretty often gets stuff wrong (happened to us about four times), so double-check before you receive your food.

TreeFlower

Points +76

22 Jul 2019

Vegan options

Has a vegan section in the menu, also vegan naan and lassi. Had the lentils and it was good. Friendly staff.

Pros: Many vegan options, Portion size was good

BF88

Points +103

26 Jan 2019

Tasty Indian food

Great restaurant with many vegan options. Have been there many times. Often very busy so good to book a table in advance

tejka007

Points +54

15 Oct 2018

Rich flavours

Lots of vegan options on the menu.

NinaWinands

Points +45

17 Aug 2018

Very good

The staff was very friendly and polite. The food was delicious and the portions just right. We even got a little bit more rice when we asked for it. Vegan dishes cost about 140-160 crones and we’re clearly indicated in the menu. I can also recommend the vegan garlic naan bread, perfect! And we didn’t waited very long for our food. I would give them five stars, if happy cow would allow that to me.

Pros: Friendly staff, Clear and English menu, Quickly and delicious food

KristinEnmark

Points +26

01 Apr 2018

splendid vegan options!

Several vegan options, attentive personel

IHBlythe

Points +16

14 Feb 2018

Vegan. Indian. Home run!

Looking for a lunch spot on Valentines, we searched for Indian and high ranking reviews on Happy Cow and Masala Masala popped up top of the list. We selected vegansk thali that gave us three different types of food alongside rice, naan and mint sauce. The mix was awesome and tasted outstanding. Coupled with excellent service, this will be one to beat!

Pros: 3 lunch options , Friendly staff, Amazing taste

KerstinKeks

Points +26

03 Feb 2018

Best vegan Naan ever!

⭐️ vegan signed dishes
⭐️ best vegan naan ever (fluffy and soft)
⭐️ frindly people
⭐️ good quality
⭐️ good price
⭐️ good food 😉

KajRaving

Points +41

02 Feb 2018

Fantastisk restaurang

Förtjänar fem stjärnor. Fantastiskt trevlig personal som har koll på veganmat. Och serverar fantastiskt god mat.

Vegania

Points +58

20 Jan 2018

👍

SO. GOOD. VEGAN. FOOD!!!

Pros: Sooo delicious, vegan naan, friendly staff

Cons: Small place

Ena

Points +240

20 Jan 2018

Super!

Cozy place, REALLY good food and nice presentation of the dishes, very friendly staff. One of the best restaurants in Stockholm if you like spicy food 😊

Pros: Close to Odenplan’s underground

Vikke1

Points +61

13 Dec 2017

this place deservs 5 stars...!

Even tho this restaurant isn't 100% vegan in Its meny, it definitely serves the best vegan food in Stockholm. It is AMAZING. Super friendly straff that is really helpful. Its a very small restaurant but it only makes it even more cosy. I hope everyone go here on their stay in Stockholm :-)

JuliB

Metin

Points +119

10 Sep 2017

A fantastic experience

I decided to celebrate my birthday here because I had heard it was a nice place. I expected it to be good but everthing exceeded my expectations. The food was great and there are a lot of different vegan options, there were 11 of us (not all vegan) and everybody was very happy with their food. The staff was extremely accomodation, funny and friendly and give you the impression that they really love what they are doing and working together. The restaurant was very calm and nice but not very Indian when it comes to interior design, which isn't a problem in my book.

Pros: Great food, Great staff

Sandmannen

Points +18

05 Sep 2017

Great

Exceptional service, great vegan options, extensive knowledge about vegan food

Pros: sells vegan food

Cons: Sells meat

joninsweden

Points +179

02 Aug 2017

Simply wonderful

Anyone expecting this type of cuisine to be cheap, as it is in other countries, will be in for a surprise. Masala Masala, like most Indian restaurants in Stockholm, is more moderately priced. Once you accept this, you can appreciate the food on offer accordingly.

And what about the food? While there are a number of dishes including the plant based protein, Ooumph!, the other vegan options are numerous (and very tasty), being clearly marked on the website and on the menu. If you enjoy this style of cuisine, I would recommend giving this small restaurant a chance, and try the vegan lassi while you are there.

Pros: Good selection, Clearly marked vegan options, Vegan lassi

Cons: Outdoor seating not that cozy

virre

Points +412

29 Jul 2017

For people that like Oumph

This place is heavily inspired by Holy cow as the cooks have worked there previous if I understood correctly.

The menus are very close but the difference is that this place uses Oumph instead of the soymeat used at Holy cow, I don't like Oumph that much so it's not for me.

Also the last time I went there I ordered and paid for a Naan I didn't get and forgot about (but I should have mentioned it when I did not get it).

I would say go here if you like Oumph, otherwise Holy Cow is better.

Pros: Near to public transport, For Oumph Lovers

Cons: For Oumph lovers, maybe a tad expensive

Uniko

Points +63

15 Apr 2017

Good and tasty, but expensive

Although it is a new restaurant the food is really tasty. Tastes like India and good variety of things to choose from as a vegan and vegetarian. Small portions for the money but okay.

Pros: Good service, Really tasty, Food comes quick

Cons: Not that cozy, A little to westernized in decoration

Kader_jilani

16 Apr 2017

what did you it and what did it cost?

Return to Stockholm Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Masala Masala - Odengatan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1998 times.