Masala Kraft

Contact 914-722-4300

206 E Hartsdale Ave, Hartsdale, New York, USA, 10530

Serves mostly Indian fare with a few Mediterranean dishes such as falafel and baklava. Located near the train station. Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Mediterranean

First Review by shwetalakhimpur

Not Vegan Friendly - Edit

~Disclosure~ My review is biased because I'm vegan.

Some dishes do not make it clear that they contain dairy. Some of the staff didn't understand that I wanted dairy free dishes. I took a chance, but I felt sick shortly after leaving, regret going there.

Service was good because they cleaned up promptly, they informed me one of the dishes I ordered had creme and allowed me to change my order.

Not all the staff were aware of which dishes exactly had diary. Not entirely sure if the bread was vegan. I asked them to not make the food so spicy, but it was a raging inferno, which made it unsuitable for my kids.

If I was a vegetarian I'd give this restaurant 4 stars, but I'm vegan and not being able to correctly identify dishes with diary is a big issue.

I spent ~$55 dollars on 3 dishes, 2 sides, and 3 drinks, seemed excessive for this small restaurant.

Pros: Great Vegetarian Options, Cleanliness, Service

Cons: Not Vegan Friendly, Price, Service

My favorite Indian Vegetarian cafe in Westchester - Edit

Masala Kraft is an excellent Indian Vegetarian place - the menu is crisp and yet has an array of excellent Indian varied style of cooking brought together.

I am a visitor from India, living in White Plains and a vegetarian. Masala kraft has become easily my most frequented place where a single portion of food can be almost right.

The chole-bhature, pav bhaji, dosas and kulcha-palak are well made and maintain very healthy flavors. Their daily deals and Sunday Idli-medhu wadas are delicious.

My favorite drink to go with - is no - not from a bottle, but the 'meru' - a variation of buttermilk.

Could get expensive for large groups - until you go for the deal for the day.

Pros: excellent food, healthy vegetarian cuisine, variety from India

Return to Hartsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Masala Kraft closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1240 times since Oct 2009.