Masala Kraft

914-722-4300

206 E Hartsdale Ave, Hartsdale, New York, USA, 10530

Serves mostly Indian fare with a few Mediterranean dishes such as falafel and baklava. Located near the train station. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Mediterranean

First Review by shwetalakhimpur

love the food - Edit

I️ am vegan, and I️ still have multiple, delicious options. I️ LOVE the Chana bhatura.

Pros: kosher, Yummy

Cons: no delivery; only pickup.

Make sure to speak to staff about VEGAN options - Edit

Although the vegan options aren't clearly labeled on the menu, the staff was very helpful to pick out what would be best for me. They understood what vegan was and gave me options. I had the Chana Bhatura. I enjoyed sitting at the window-front counter and people watching while I dined. It was a comfortable dining experience and the staff was friendly.

Pros: Delicious options, Friendly Staff, great vibe

Cons: Vegan items not marked , Pay for parking

Not Vegan Friendly - Edit

~Disclosure~ My review is biased because I'm vegan.

Some dishes do not make it clear that they contain dairy. Some of the staff didn't understand that I wanted dairy free dishes. I took a chance, but I felt sick shortly after leaving, regret going there.

Service was good because they cleaned up promptly, they informed me one of the dishes I ordered had creme and allowed me to change my order.

Not all the staff were aware of which dishes exactly had diary. Not entirely sure if the bread was vegan. I asked them to not make the food so spicy, but it was a raging inferno, which made it unsuitable for my kids.

If I was a vegetarian I'd give this restaurant 4 stars, but I'm vegan and not being able to correctly identify dishes with diary is a big issue.

I spent ~$55 dollars on 3 dishes, 2 sides, and 3 drinks, seemed excessive for this small restaurant.

Pros: Great Vegetarian Options, Cleanliness, Service

Cons: Not Vegan Friendly, Price, Service

My favorite Indian Vegetarian cafe in Westchester - Edit

Masala Kraft is an excellent Indian Vegetarian place - the menu is crisp and yet has an array of excellent Indian varied style of cooking brought together.

I am a visitor from India, living in White Plains and a vegetarian. Masala kraft has become easily my most frequented place where a single portion of food can be almost right.

The chole-bhature, pav bhaji, dosas and kulcha-palak are well made and maintain very healthy flavors. Their daily deals and Sunday Idli-medhu wadas are delicious.

My favorite drink to go with - is no - not from a bottle, but the 'meru' - a variation of buttermilk.

Could get expensive for large groups - until you go for the deal for the day.

Pros: excellent food, healthy vegetarian cuisine, variety from India

Return to Hartsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Masala Kraft closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.