Masala

Contact 214865334

Rua Frederico de Arouca 288, Cascais, Portugal, 2750-355

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food with meat on the menu, but there are also many vegetables dishes as well as some sides. Uses fresh ingredients. In Cascais it is difficult to find good vegetarian food because restaurants, even those with veg food usually offer only one or two options (like an omelet or a salad), but Masala offers a variety of vegetable dishes. Vegans to specify.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by DutchGirl

Vegan options available! - Edit

The waiter imediatly asked if I was vegan when I asked the ingredients of the dishes, and made sure to mention which dressings and started were vegan (only one but still). This is not very common in other Indian restaurants, so i was extra pleased

Pros: lovely decoration, nice staff, wich new what was vegan, delicious food

Cons: only one starter was vegan

Extremely good vegan friendly place - Edit

This is the best Indian I have eaten in my life, seriously. Everyone in my party agreed it was brilliant, including one Indian. They have combined over 2 pages of vegetarian and vegan dishes, I particularly liked the chickpea curry and one of the dall dishes I tasted from one of my friends. Excellent place but it was fully packed to I am glad I booked beforehand. They had to turn people away.

Really Good Indian Food - Edit

In July 2012 we visited Masala twice. In Cascais good vegetarian food was not easy to find, but at this restaurant you have a long list of choices. The first time I had the chick peas curry with rice and the second time I had a Tandoori dish of grilled homemade Indian cheese and rice with vegetables. Both dishes were very good. The second time we were there we ordered the mixed starters and although there are some meat starters on the menu, it was not a problem to serve a all veggie plate of starters. You also get a veggie starter from the house, that is a really flat fried 'Nan' with a few sauces. The staff that works there is really friendly and very helpful. Very popular, because it was always very busy. This is definitely a restaurant you want to go back to.

Pros: A lot of choices, Excellent food, Friendly staff

Cons: Not very spacious

Return to Cascais Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Masala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.