Mary's Place Cafe

• Veg-friendly

Serves meat, vegan options available. North end Halifax eatery with a vegan brunch, with all the Lebanese cuisine in large portions.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Non-veg

First Review by Terri-LynRhyno

Meh - Edit

Used to enjoy coming here years ago, but now I find the establishment to be a little too grubby for my liking. Especially when you can find the same food elsewhere (Marys II on spring garden- diff owners) in a brighter, cleaner and friendlier location..

Cheap eats, but not much else. Seems like the charm has left the resto.. they need to reset and regroup to bring it back.

Happy Eating! xx

Pros: Local resto, Central location

Cons: Grubby, Unfriendly owner (or manager?), Very small/limited seating

Staff need some training. - Edit

I've been going here once or sometimes five times a week for a few years and I always get the same thing, last night however I changed it up.. I asked the server even though above the items it says 100% Vegan if a certain item was vegan and he said yes, so I said so no eggs or Dairy either... it was a Veggie Kafta wrap.. it tasted amazing but something just felt wrong so when I went to get the second half wrapped I asked what the sauce was and he just kept saying garlic and oil and..couldnt get any other words out.. so he brought the chef over and in fact there was Eggs in it, the server thought that if you removed the yolk it became vegan. My entire body broke out in hives and i've been so upset over this.. imagine if someone had a serious allergy.. and how many people have ate non-vegan items.. vegetarians would be fine here but i'd be cautious and speak to whoever is cooking that day !

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mary's Place Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1034 times since Nov 2010.