Mary's Market Bistro Cafe - Perryville

Contact 815-986-3300

2636 McFarland Rd, Rockford, Illinois, USA, 61107

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves meat, vegan options available. Several veg items: veggie wrap, black bean burger, fruit bowl, granola oatmeal, and others. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by EverydayTastiness

disappointed - Edit

There are not a lot of veg* options in rockford, so we were happy to find this one on happycow during our roadtrip. the reviews on the other locations set my expectations very low.

the breakfast menu doesn't have veg* options marked. We tried to ask questions from the ordering staff. She was really confused and offered us a gluten free menu when we asked about vegan options. We insisted and received the lunch menu which had several options listed.

We picked the avocado tacos since they were marked as vegan. She asked us for a choice of side. We picked the beet salad. I had a very hinky vibe by now, so I asked if the beet salad was vegan. She said no, it had cheese. I asked for it to be removed. We also ordered tea.

The tea came promptly, but the food took well over 30 minutes for two small avocado tacos. Maybe they didn't have the lunch stuff prepped since it was about 10am.

Tacos tasted good, but I don't plan on going back.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: ignorant staff, slow service

Return to Rockford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mary's Market Bistro Cafe - Perryville closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.