Mary's Gourmet Diner

• Veg-friendly
Contact 336-723-7239

723 Trade St, Winston-salem, North Carolina, USA, 27101

Serves meat, vegan options available. Reported has tofu, tempeh, vegetarian sausage, a veggie burger (patty may be vegan). Whole leaf teas served. Formerly Breakfast of Course and prior to that Mary's Of Course Cafe.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by jetgal

Disappointing experiences - Edit

We've eaten here three times out of four visits (the fourth time we went there, we waited several minutes in vain to be seated and decided to leave after no one acknowledged our presence). Each time we ate here, we were disappointed in our food or our service. It's a shame because we had such high hopes of eating some good vegan food. We may give it another try in the future, but only because we have such limited options in the area. We hope you have better luck with this place.

Pros: some vegan options, fun, colorful environment , small store in corner of restaurant

Cons: odd extra charges added onto bills, slow service, pricey menu options

Something for Everyone - Edit

I just went to Breakfast of Course for the first time and I'll be back. Get there by 10am Sunday if you don't want to wait in line for brunch because this place is pretty popular. I ordered the Tofu Scramble with hash browns- it was a little different than other tofu scrambles that I've had before, but it was good. If you don't care for lots of pepper though, I'd make a request to have them abstain from adding it as it came with a ton of pepper on it. I love pepper, so it worked for me. Usually a tofu scramble as turmeric to make it look yellow- this was more of a cubed tofu with veggies - very "fall looking" if that makes sense. My ovo-lacto friend ordered breakfast nachos and it looked great. She almost ate it all so I'm assuming it was delicious. The portions are huge and for a busy Sunday morning, it didn't take very long for the food to come out. I wish they had a few more vegan options (like vegan French Toast) but since this is the only place around that caters to vegans, I'm happy there's at least something.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Large Portions, Something for Everyone

Cons: few vegan options

Return to Winston-salem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mary's Gourmet Diner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2231 times since Jun 2009.