Marty's V Burger - Kips Bay

+1-646-484-6325

134 E 27th St (at Kips Bay), New York City, New York, USA, 10016

Vegan burger and fast food joint est. 2017 near Madison Square Park, the first of a few outlets in NYC. On the menu are signature burgers like the original world famous and the shroom steakhouse burger plus other items like crabby patties, mac and cheeze, hot dogs, drumstix, fries, kale salad, and cole slaw. Shakes are available in flavors like coconut banana and chocolate. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Catering

First Review by brendanparent

purelycarmen

Points +126

08 Nov 2019

Tasty but $$$ - Edit

I had the Shroom Steakhouse burger with a large Mac and cheese. It was really good with all its goo’e ness😋, but expensive. I gave it a 4/5 star because of the price. If it was more reasonable it totally deserves a 5 🌟

Pros: Yummy, Fast, Great Service

Cons: Expensive

FranciscoVazquez

Points +79

02 Nov 2019

Great food, slow service - Edit

The food is amazing. Bratwurst is actually really good. The service tends to be slow, though...

wardrive

Points +114

04 Oct 2019

Burger joint done right. - Edit

So I dragged my omni friend all over the city trying vegan foods today. I felt that while I never tried this place, it had enough hype to give it a go for dinner. My omni friend was a little disappointed with his impossible burger. He said it was not as good as the impossible whopper. But he liked it and devoured it. I tried a piece. It was the sauce. I liked the sauce, but I can see that Marty's sauce was different or might be off to some people. My crabby patty was the same way. It's tartar sauce was peppery or too spicy. Maybe too much so. Again, I like such things. But for some it might be too much. Flavor in this place is not lacking. The patty was basically a jackfruit imitation and I enjoyed it greatly. It's no perfect crab cake. But it's well made for what it is. I give it a solid 8. The fries are a 10. The staff is awesome. The upgrade for fountain drinks are a must. The acai drink next to the root beer is fire. I was too stuffed to try the drumsticks, but maybe I'll try them next time and see if I can give them a higher rating.

Pros: A mix of Options

Cons: Small inside if it gets busy

holscarlett

23 Sep 2019

Ordered food but never came and didn’t get money back! - Edit

I ordered food from this place when staying in New York with family last August. I’m from UK so was in a hotel and also paid online. I was so sooo excited for my food and I knew it was going to be amazing. I wrote a note for the delivery person to call me when they arrived, so I made sure I had my phone on me and I never got a call, until I then just received a messaged saying I missed one, so I ran downstairs and nothing was to be seen?? I was so confused as I never knew how it worked in the US anyway, so I tried ringing up but nothing was happening. I eventually got through to the delivery company, not even the good place and they couldn’t do anything for me so I was left starving and also $30 less. Was so sad I couldn’t try the food here:(

Pros: Food looks mint!

Cons: Never got my food/money back or any apologies.

toeknee10

Points +17

21 Sep 2019

Excellent Burger, Fries, Mac & Cheese!! - Edit

Excellent food, quick service! Would highly recommend if u are looking for a burger and fries.

Pros: Excellent food, quick service, friendly staff

Cons: A bit small.

MattB66

Points +97

15 Sep 2019

Good non-factory burger - Edit

The burgers are really good, and not from one of the high fat and salt fake meat companies.
Well constructed and cooked, good taste. Did not fall apart as soon as you picked it up. Cheese had melted well.
Overall good food, good value and fast.

Pros: All vegan, Easy going atmosphere, Good value

RachelleBurgos

11 Sep 2019

eh burgers - Edit

good fries
the worldwide burger is pretty soggy, too much pickle

gabrielle.atx

19 Aug 2019

decent at best - Edit

I got the original world famous burger and a side of Mac n cheese for around $15. It would’ve been worth it if it’d been about 50% cheaper. With so many good vegan options around, this bland burger doesn’t give you any bang for your buck and isn’t worth the trip. Great to have accessible vegan fast food but so many other places do it so, so much better.

GiraffeGirl

Points +150

02 Aug 2019

Nice but a little underwhelming - Edit

Had the classic burger with fries. Burger was fine and the fries were good but I found the pattie a little "sloppie" for my liking. Nice flavour overall.

Lovely staff

Pros: Inexpensive, Food was nice, Lovely friendly staff

Cons: Small location, not a lot of seats, Burger a little underwhelming

slo0go

Points +1501

30 Jul 2019

Great vegan burger joint - Edit

Lots of different options, service is pretty quick. Food is tasty. Just a bit pricey.

Pros: Big menu, All vegan

Cons: Pricey

LivBerlin1

Points +46

29 Jul 2019

Over priced and low quality - Edit

The original burger was very simple, like a smaller big Mac imitation. Very overpriced for what it was. Staff were unfriendly and a bit sarcastic with me.

CamilaSilvaL

Points +1214

29 Jul 2019

like a wayyyy better vegan McDonald's burger - Edit

Don't get me wrong, I totally loved it. The burger was great and the drumsticks amazing, but don't expect anything gourmet or healthy because that's not the point of this place, just enjoy their food 🐖❤️

SheridanVergara

25 Jun 2019

AMAZING - Edit

Have been on the hunt for a good burger since I got here a week ago, and this easily takes to cake as best I’ve had so far, and I’ve had some good ones! Fries are also cooked to perfection and seasoned immaculately, also not too expensive.

Pros: ALL vegan, Great fries, Good location

Cons: Affordable, Small eat in dining space, better for take out

kiktak vegan

Points +20

20 Apr 2019

Frozen and refried generic food - Edit

i just wonder how an owner of a vegan restaurant can get away with serving the lowest grade junk food. I bought french fries hoping that it would be the least processed food, but instead I got a small bag of horrible something that they bought at frozen section of Key Foods for a dollar and refried in old oil. Shameless and greedy!

Pros: none

miriamrcantu

Points +20

11 Apr 2019

Get it to go - Edit

Let me start out by saying that the food itself is delicious. My boyfriend and I shared the original burger, cajun mac and cheese, buffalo wings, and the crabby patty. The burger was okay, hard to believe it was an impossible burger as it didn't have that juicy, meaty texture I've come to expect in an impossible burger. My boyfriend raved about the crabby patty saying the texture and taste was identical to crab meat. The mac and cheese was also very good, but the real winner was the wings. The buffalo and blue cheese wings were exceptional both in flavor and texture. I would go back for the wings alone, my only wish is that you got more of them for the price. A warning to anyone not from the city thinking about checking this place out though, do not go to this place expecting a dine in experience. Photos online do not even remotely put to scale the microscopic size of this place. There is one table with 4 chairs and basically a shelf with some stools against the wall in the back. There is barely any room to stand and wait for your food which kind of sucked, but at least the food was well worth it. There is also a bathroom for customers to use which is a plus. We were lucky enough to have the table clear as soon as our food was ready so we could at least sit while we ate. If you're thinking of trying this place I definitely would, but maybe take it to go.

Pros: Great food, Bathroom, Friendly customers and staff

Cons: Small

mmarta

Points +55

12 Mar 2019

Tasty burgers in NY - Edit

Love this place! Their own patty is great.

WoooOooo

Points +155

11 Mar 2019

Delicious fast food - Edit

You can upgrade the burgers to impossible burgers for $5.50, which I thought was a bit pricey so I opted for the homemade burger which is made of seitan, beans and rice. It tasted very meaty and had a good cheese alternative.
I would also recommend the Mac n cheese, one of the best I have tasted!

Pros: Good range of fast food

Cons: Not much seating

NadineVegano

06 Mar 2019

Kale salad is amazing! - Edit

We love this place! the burgers are delicious, the fries are great and the kale salad is so amazing! highly recommend this burger place.

Updated from previous review on 2019-03-06

Pros: super delicious, fast delivery, kids love it

Cons: none, none

xgennax

Points +52

03 Mar 2019

Fast food with a vegan twist - Edit

Marty’s makes burger that remind you of your old favorite fast food chain. Tons of options and vegan spins on classic burger recipes. Love coming here!

KiaiKim

04 Mar 2019
Do they use chemical stabilizers?

ArthurKazykhanov

Points +23

18 Feb 2019

Great burger place - Edit

Love their ‘shroom burgers, and fries are fantastic! The place is quite small with no more than 10 chairs in total, so it might be difficult getting a seat during busier hours.

Pros: Great burgers, Reasonably priced, Fries are great, too

Cons: Seating is quite limited

AbigayilA

Points +48

17 Feb 2019

Fries, fries, fries! - Edit

I had the shroom burger one visit and it was pretty good. I really liked the fries. I recommend the exotic sodas as a fast food treat because they're not like conventional sodas but more like a natural "sparkling beverage". Try the orange hibiscus, was it?

Another time I had the animal fries: OMG! That's what it's all about! 'Nuf said.

I had the original world famous at Vegan Drinks and a side of mac. The mac is pretty good. I'm used to solid baked mac, so I am biased. This is an east side downtown go-to spot for me.

Pros: Great fries

Cons: A little pricey

JosFey

Points +41

04 Feb 2019

Yummy burger but disappointed with the rest - Edit

I wanted to like this place because I commend an establishment that is fully vegan. But the burgers were fine. They are small and the best part was the secrete sauce and the cheese. It also was more than $10! For a small burger without fries or sides. The Mac & cheese was disappointing specially because the reviews were raving about it. Also the place is small and the decode seems quick without care or thought put into it.

Pros: Secrete sauce is delicious, Simple menu , Option to order “beyond burger”

Cons: Taste of mac & cheese, Expensive - $10 for a small burger?!, Place is small and decor is so so

TheNewKMB

Points +26

19 Jan 2019

Not So Bad - Edit

Their burger was pretty good. The Krabby Patty was so-so in my opinion. The fries and the Mac & Cheese was pretty tasty.

JasonRoe

Points +28

17 Jan 2019

Marty’s V Burger - Edit

I eat at Marty’s V Burger ever so often. I like their own burger as well as the crabby patty.

Pros: They have impossible, beyond & Marty’s V burgers , The crabby patty is also good , The staff is nice

MikeMcCormack

Points +26

14 Jan 2019

Beat burgers in town! - Edit

I definitely recommend. The burgers were excellent. Also had the mac and chili combo and loved it.

jfv_nyc

19 Dec 2018

Get the drumstix! - Edit

Burger is only okay, but the wings are SO good

mezzzy

Points +220

20 Nov 2018

Best burgers we’ve ever had - Edit

Friendly service, great menu and great prices. We got the Impossible burgers, chips, Mac and cheese and bbq wings with a drink for around $40. Cannot wait to go back there again. The burgers were truly realistic looking and tasted amazing.

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Marty's V Burger - Kips Bay closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.