First Review by Lettuce Muncher

Marlene's Federal Way and Tacoma - Edit

Excellent gorcery store and cafe that has been a local favorite of mine. Vegan and vegetarian, cool vibe, very friendly and helpful staff. The bulk foods section is great place to shop. Clothing, Incense and more.

Pros: Healthy anf Local

wonderful- organized - Edit

Everything in the store is easy to find and the salad bar, smoothie/juice, and deli section is really quick and easy. I always have a good experience here.

Pros: organized , vegan friendly

Delicious! - Edit

I am a frequent Marlene's Market visitor. It is a place where I can pick up vegan goodies and purchase greens for my house rabbit.

I LOVE the deli. The folks at Marlene's make great juices and baked goods. My favorite is the vegan chocolate cake and the Green Monster juice.

There is also a salad bar that you can put whatever your heart desires and there is always a vegan ranch dressing available.

Also, their deli can create a vegan sandwich using field roast slices and vegan cheese if you like. There is also a soup that is vegan friendly as well.

Hidden in the cooler near the deli are vegan wraps, burgers, and sandwiches made by the folks at Quickie Too in Tacoma. I HIGHLY recommend!

Marlene's also can special order so if you see or hear about something that you want, just let them know and they'll see if they can get it in.

Customer service is superb!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 23, 2014

Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 23, 2014

Pros: Friendly, Vegan choices galore, In my city

Cons: Expensive

Best Sandwich I've Ever Had - Edit

When my mom was visiting recently, we made the trip to Federal Way to check out Marlene's. My mom, an omni, got a vegetable pot pie that she liked, though there were too many mushrooms for her own personal taste. I got a sandwich with wheat bread, blackened tofu, soy cheese (I think it was Follow Your Heart Mozzerella Style), avocado, carrots, lettuce, and cucumber, then grilled. It was honestly the best sandwich I've ever had. I also bought a bag of potato chips, which were stale. We both got smoothies, banana mango, though I ordered mine with an extra protein boost.

There's also a variety of treats and baked goods - vegan chocolate pie, bars, etc. I got a peanut butter crunchy bar, which only had 7 ingredients and was soo tasty.

There's an area next to the deli that has all natural cosmetics and the like. I asked an employee if they had any vegan mascara, and unfortunately they didn't :( They did have vegan liquid eyeliner though.

Pros: Amazing, Soy cheese, Desserts

Cons: Not in Tacoma

Marlenes Rocks - Edit

I am currently an employee at Marlenes Market and deli and have been for about 5 years, And all i have to say is it has been the most loving and active places I have ever worked. not only do they have great Vegan,Raw, Macrobiotic,gluten free ect. options but all of the food is very carfully selected, this includes going to farms and dairys to ensure the animals are kept in wonderful conditions and going to farms to see the source of our 100% non-GMO organic produce. and it is one of the only places that you can buy raw cow and goat milk and all of the vegan milks. also every week we provide free nutrition, health,supplements, food, and cooking classes and you can check all of them out in our newletter online at www.marlenesmarket-deli.com and even sign up to get it sent to you free. (sorry i didn't mean to turn this into a plug) also there is a full deli that includes vegan, gluten free, vegitarian, sandwiches, soups, baked goods, salad bar and much more and the best thing of marlenes is the people. all of the employees are very knowledgable, aware, and kind to all people and diets especially since there are raw foodists, vegans, vegitarians, gluten intolorent emloyees here. so next time your in Tacoma stop in and ask for Tyler i would love to show you around.

Pros: great options, wonderful staff , eco friendly

Cons: slightly more expensive

Amazing salad bar!! - Edit

The salad bar at the Federal Way location is to die for! Lots of yummy organic toppings (they even have vegan bac'un bits!) It can get pricey if you load up on too much heavy stuff though. Fresh made sammiches in the deli (featuring a couple different flavors of field roast). Several vegan desserts/baked goods are always available. Fresh smoothies too! A very reliable stop for hungry vegans/vegetarians who find themselves in the area...

Yummy - Edit

This place is extremelly vegan friendly, they have a sandwich bar that offers meat but has vegan options and they keep their utensils and the ingredients very separate, going as far as to label their knives "meat" and "NO MEAT". They have lots of yummy vegan junk food, try their vegan pumpkin bread with chocolate chips. They have a huge grocery section downstairs too.

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Yummy Sandwiches, Pumpkin Bread

Cons: Inexperienced Employees

Return to Federal Way Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Marlene's Market and Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1213 times since Aug 2007.