Mariposa

Contact +49-91127429710

Mostgasse 6, Nuremberg, Germany, 90402

Vegan restaurant opened Dec 2014. Family friendly atmosphere. Has gluten-free food, no alcohol. By metro station White Tower, just behind Jacobsplatz. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Thu 6:00pm-10:00pm, Thu 10:00am-2:00pm, Fri 11:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan, European

First Review by Andy Dewar

Great food and very nice people - Edit

We stopped here today to have lunch. The food was fresh and delicious. It took a while to get the order because it is all made fresh when ordered. It was worth waiting. Make time to sit and enjoy when you go. You will not regret it.

Not to be missed - Edit

An amazing experience-- fresh and delicious food made with care and attention. We stopped in-- a large group on a weeknight-- called and asked if 8 people could come in 20 minutes and they said "SURE!" and welcomed us joyfully (this, you may know, is not always the reaction). Although there were other guests we felt as though we were the only diners in the world-- truly like guests invited home for dinner. We started with juice and then most of us had the salad (one of our party had a cooked dish) and it was amazing-- fresh and light with most ingredients coming from the garden! Truly delicious and plentiful! All left full and happy, with big vegan smiles on our faces.

Pros: All vegan, all fresh, Active, friendly staff, great value

the loveliest experience - Edit

went there on my travels around Europe and would definitely be in the top2 vegan restaurants visited! The staff was incredibly warm and food absolutely delicious and beatifully presented! Could go back already tomorrow!

Pros: all vegan, delicious, beautifully presented, lovel

Cons: bit of a long wait but all other aspects more than

absolutely lovely! - Edit

A family feeling with absolutely fabulous food. Maria agreed to accept us even after the official working hours and though there was not much left on the menu, we loved what we ate. They also prepared pasta especially for our little one.

Pros: great service, great food, fair prices

Cons: limited opening hours

Awesome dinner! - Edit

Mariposa is a small family-owned vegan restaurant on a quiet street. One of the owners had lived in Spain for 15 years, so we could speak Spanish to her, which felt really homely. The food was just incredibly good – we had lentil-tomato stew, tofu balls in tomato sauce, potato tortilla with turmeric sauce and wheat semolina dessert with coconut milk and raspberries.

Pros: Friendly service, Excellent food, Big portions

Excellent food and atmosphere - Edit

Run by two lovely Romanian ladies, this tiny restaurant offers divine vegan food and devoted service. We were lucky to share the single room comprised of open kitchen and dining room with a birthday party. Maria kindly played some Romanian ditties on the harp for the birthday girl and made this evening unforgettable.
The opening hours are very restricted and the seating limited, so be sure to make reservations!

YOU MUST GO HERE! - Edit

After suffering through several restaurants that Happy Cow said were open but were closed, we ended up here. So happy all those other places were closed. Mariposa was heaven, and owner Maria is an angel. The atmosphere was amazing, the food was simply to die for, and Maria and the others visiting were so friendly and kind. My 6 and 7 year old ate everything we ordered and Maria was closing up and she served my husband and son what was left. :-) We spent some time talking to Maria after we ate and my son actually said that chatting with her was the "best experience of my life." She was not only a great cook, but an inspiration to us. We love the idea of supporting small local businesses, and this one comes with big hearts and the best vegan food out there!!!

Great food and experience - Edit

My girlfriend (non veg) and I (veg) ate here on a short trip through Nuremberg. The place is in a great location, right inside the old city and right next to a U Bahn station. We arrived at 7 to find the place full, but luckily they had room at the "bar." The restaurant is very small, but that makes it very cosy and you get taken care of very well. We ordered two entrees and two desserts which were all amazing. The entrees were seriously fantastic and even my non veg girlfriend was scarfing hers down with delight. The owner is also very sweet and kept giving us more food after seeing how much we liked it (probably ended up with almost 2 portions of each). Overall it's a very nice place and would love to return the next time I'm in town

Really cute place! :) - Edit

I was initially put off by reviews saying that it is like eating in the owners living room. Being non German speaking I guess I was a little concerned that I would be a little out of my depth.

We arrived at about 6.20 on a Monday and didn't have a reservation- luckily there wasn't anyone there yet as we were pretty early and we were able to get a table (only 3 tables!). The room felt like a countryside pub (a positive for me) but with a kitchen at one end.
Marisposa is family run- the owner's niece was there and she was very cute! :)

The owner went to great lengths to ensure our food was to our liking- for instance asking how much chilli we like etc, etc and adapting food to ensure it was gluten free for me.

Food was very yummy and the portions were a good size. We had a 'pizza', which wasn't your normal pizza as it didn't have a dough base and was made with sweet potato. Healthy and tasty! :)

We also had the dessert which the owner made an adapted version for me. Very hard to explain what it was like as I haven't really had anything too similar before. Like a nutty, healthy angel delight??!

Near the end of our meal we shared our table with 2 local women who spoke to us in English about our travels around Germany. We've found a lot of German woman who watch Downton Abbey and like to hear our accents...(??????)

It feels like going to a really nice friends house for dinner... If your friend was A pro chef!
If you're really antisocial you might not like the potential table sharing. I'd suggest giving it a try! :)

Pros: nice atmosphere , attentive owners, in town

Small & familiar atmosphere - Edit

I have visited the Mariposa during a business trip to Nuremberg. The place is really small, but with a very familiar atmosphere. The meal was very tasty and the staff very friendly, but it was a little bit chaotic as one waiter did seem to be very new or a temporary support. As it was quite warm on this day and also outside of the restaurant all tables were fully occupied, this may have caused some "excessive demand" for the team. Nevertheless I would recommend this place.

Pros: friendly staff & familiar atmosphere, meals made with "heart"

Cons: very small, on this day a little bit chaotic

Tiny - Edit

The place is really very very small and although the owners are very friendly the atmosphere really depends a lot on the other guests (we were rather unlucky there). The food, however was very good: creative, tasty, nicely presented.

Pros: very good food, nice owners

Cons: very small place

very small vegan restaurant with great food! - Edit

Like said before it is like eating in the owner's living room. The food is prepared in the same room and a chat is easily possible and welcome. Only has three tables and limited seating so making a reservation certainly makes a lot of sense!
Very creative and tasty menu!

Pros: unique atmosphere , creative menu

Cons: very tiny place

It's like eating in the owner's home - Edit

I was excited to find this restaurant on Happy Cow because it was only a couple of blocks from my hotel. I arrived shortly after 11:00 to find two women already seated. I was greeted warmly by the owner who speaks English. She explained the menu to me and said that because it was early on Monday, all that was available was the business lunch (set menu). I had a "smoothie" (mixed juices in a bottle), a pizza appetizer, and the cabbage roll entree. All were wonderful. The restaurant was a bit cozy as patrons had to share tables (3 tables with 6 chairs each). The restroom was tiny and was filled with cleaning supplies so that one could barely reach the toilet. I'm thankful that I wasn't in a hurry like I usually am. The business lunch took 1 hour and 45 minutes!

Pros: Vegan food! , Freshly prepared by the owner, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Lunch took a long time

Two consecutive nights! - Edit

The food at Mariposa is excellent. The menu changes each week. Almost all of the food on the menu the week I ate there was vegan. Cosy atmosphere and friendly, attentive staff. All food cooked fresh to order by the owner. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Excellent food, Very nice staff, Good atmosphere.

Cons: The restaurant is quite small

Return to Nuremberg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mariposa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.