First Review by lizipfe

Superb food - deserves five stars - Edit

The food and service at Marinades are absolutely superb - there's a choice of clearly marked vegan options on the menu, as well as soya milk for coffee, and non-dairy icecream to complement the pudding menu. We'd never eaten Carribbean food before, but will be seeking it out in future... Really delicious flavours, cooked to perfection. Highly recommend.

Simply Amazing - Edit

We ate here on New Year's Eve. Not completely Vegan, but a good selection of vegan dishes that were well marked. The food itself was divine (no hyperbole). Fresh ingredients cooked to their best.

What really makes this restaurant is the Staff. Friendly, funny and really welcoming. Thank you all for helping us to say good bye to one year and hello to the next!

(PS. only reason that I gave 4 stars is that none veggie places can only receive a maximum of 4 stars).

Attentive Marinades - Edit

Having spent some time living in Stroud there is many a choice for day time eating being meat and dairy free but come 5pm there is little, if any choice available for a mid week evening meal. Normally I and my friend would take a trip to Bristol or Bath which means a bit of a lengthy drive, then I stumbled across Marinades. Although not predominantly a plant based restaurant it goes above and beyond to cater for different diets. There are at least 3 vegan starters 3 or so main course options and even a few choices for desert, what's more nearly 90% of the menu is gluten free. I rang before hand and the manager Clive was more than happy to talk through suitable choices on the menu and when we arrived even gave us a couple more choices which weren't on the menu so to have more of a variety. The staff were friendly and attentive and the music playing had me wishing I was on a beach in the Caribbean. There is an option for two courses for £8.95 if you eat before 7.30, unfortunately non of the dishes currently are both plant based and gluten free so we opted for the al a carte menu instead. There is an extensive drinks menu which could be helped by stating which are vegan/gluten free as is clearly marked on the food menu. The food was hearty and of good portion size. It is the ideal restaurant for a group with varying diets, with something for everyone.

Pros: Caters for a variety of diets, Passionate staff

Cons: Serves meat/dairy

Return to Cheltenham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Marinades closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2457 times since Mar 2009.