Margem Restobar

( 1 review )
+34-865521254

Calle Gerona, 2, Benidorm, Spain, 03503

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan choices include falafel, skewer, tofu nachos, tempura eggplant, sate potatoes, hummus, guacamole, wild asparagus, beet carpaccio, tacos with tofu, miso soup, and rice with vegetables as the dish of the day. Open Mon-Tue 1:00pm-4:00pm, 8:00pm-11:30pm, Thu-Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm, Thu 8:00pm-11:30pm, Fri-Sat 8:00pm-12:00am, Sun 8:00pm-11:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Spanish, Non-veg

1 Review

Great culinary vegan/vegetarian options - Edit

Each time we are in Benidorm we have to visit this great restaurant. There are a lot of vegan/vegetarian options on the menu, some very special and creative (home made vegan sausages as an extraordinary tapa as you can see on the photo), some traditional but adopted for vegans (we regularly eat the vegan(!) Spanish tortilla or the nachos with baked tofu). Also options as vegan burger, vegetable homemade fritters, humus, and so on. The chef also regularly passes by the table to explain what's special on the dish or to ask if you have any demand and try to adopt dishes where possible. I think they also do vegetable rices, but as I am not a rice lover I never tried this before. It just seems that this cook is really known and updated with vegan lifestyle. The place is really nice decorated, something that you might not expect immediately in Benidorm, and the service of the waiters is beyond kind and warming. And this all at very reasonable prices! I just love the fact that you don't have to explain that we don't eat gelatin or tuna etc. (as I alwasy have to do in Spanish eating places). I would like to give it 5 stars but that isn't allowed on this page as it is a not 100% vegan/vegetarian restaurant (which I regret as a full vegetarian myself, because it might be even more worthful having a vegan-minded place like this in a setting where probably no group of tourists or locals would go to if there weren't meat/fish options - so the impact is so much higher than a full vegetarian restaurant where no one would go to - my Spanish friends discovered vegetarian food and didn't order meat/fish... I would never been able to get to a 100% veggie place) .
Defintely worth the visit (they also serve , we're sure you will return each time for passing an excellent lunch or relaxing holiday night with some good glasses and excellent food!

Updated from previous review on 2018-04-22

Pros: Creative and good tasting food, Vegan heaven in a place where you wouldn't expect , Superior and charming service

Cons: There should be a Margem in my home town too :)

Return to Benidorm Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Margem Restobar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.