Margarete

• ( 6 reviews )

Braubachstrasse 18-22, Frankfurt, Germany, 63011

Serves meat, vegan options available. A stylish bistro and restaurant in the city centre of Frankfurt. Options for a 2, 3 or 4 course vegetarian menu (check if can be vegan) and also a surprise option. On Sunday evenings from 6-10pm it offers a vegan menu cooked by two brothers with moderate prices, and there is vegan wine. Reservations recommended.
Note December 2021: Some regions in Germany, such as Bavaria and Saxony, may limit restaurant hours (call ahead). Indoor dining is only possible with proof of vaccination/recent recovery from Covid-19. Takeaway is available for anyone. Call ahead as availability, hours, and rules may vary. Open Tue-Fri 12:00-14:30, 18:00-22:30, Sat 12:00-23:00.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, European, Fusion, German, Non-veg

First Review by Moonshine

Puia

Points +16

11 Jul 2020

Great food - Pricey but good

I Had a delicious potato soup, then "Offenbacher Pilze" and finally a vegan Milchreis.

They've all been great and on the menu it tells you which options are vegan and which aren't. With that in mind I chose the mushroom dish and had too choose a side dish with it. It said something like "Rice and Artichoke" but in addition there was a yoghurt dip and the rice was indeed a risotto.

It has all been great, but I'm pretty sure some of the things they gave me weren't vegan, but it has been alright.

Also they gave a little starter to everyone including a piece of salmon. It has been very nice of them, but I think they might want to ask if you want that or not. I have that to my non vegan girlfriend instead, so it has been fine, but you might want to tell them at the beginning that you only eat plant based, so they don't give you "Free fish' or something.

The service has been great, it is definitely a bit pricey, but the meals were very delicious!

Pros: Very delicious, great options, nice staff

Cons: Expensive, some non-vegan additions Included

aseyler1

Points +71

Vegetarian
17 Sep 2019

Fantastic!

Margarete's had a ton of wonderful vegan options! The service was excellent, we sat outside and received attention immediately. We needed some comfort food after our long journey to Frankfurt and truly found that at Margarete; we were pleasantly surprised with the portions. I would say, the entrees are on the higher side price wise, but well worth it. The local mushrooms were phenomenal and the little salads accompanying each entree used the freshest ingredients and great flavor combinations.

Pros: Atmosphere (outdoor seating), Fresh ingredients , Large portions

Cons: Pricey

kiwiJ

Points +76

13 Aug 2019

Nice enough

Margarete is a nice place. They do have vegan options, but I'd only give 3.5 stars if I could because I find it unreasonable to pay extra for oat milk (which is often the case, but that doesn't make it any better).

Pros: Some tasty vegan options, milk alternatives, , Good drinks (teas, cocktails etc)

Cons: Higher price for oat milk, few interesting options

UDth

Points +346

20 May 2019

stylish Café/Restaurant, tasty food

I always enjoy a stop at this place, it is stylish without being posh, the food is good and there are always several creativ vegan options

(update 2019: seems like the vegan options are getting less, but still some choices left)

Enjoya

Points +113

Vegetarian
14 Nov 2018

Hmm yammie

We went to the bistro. Food is tasty, but a bit expensive but worth it.

Pros: Nice atmosphere. Lovely service.

Cons: Just a few vegan options.

Moonshine

Points +105

20 Mar 2017

Delicious creative vegan options

A nice fancy restaurant with creative vegan options

Pros: Creative, fancy, great service

Cons: Expensive for small portions

Return to Frankfurt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Margarete closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.