Marco Polo Global Restaurant

Contact 503-364-4833

300 Liberty St SE, Salem, Oregon, USA, 97301

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has an extensive vegetarian menu with vegan items clearly marked. Sunday buffet. Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-8:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by Veg Chef

Our "Go To" in Salem - Edit

We drive/ride up from Corvallis just for Marco Polo, and it's our first stop whenever we come shopping. Very extensive vegetarian/vegan menu and if you tell them you're vegan they give you a vegan cookie or cupcake for dessert. Staff is always smiling and friendly.

Pros: Location, Weekday lunch special/portions, Service

A pleasant find - Edit

My husband and I were really happy to find this place. Super veg, vegan, and gluten free conscious.
We had a hard time picking what to eat because there were so many choices! We both liked a lot what we got. He got the orange veg "chicken", I got the Curry vegetables, and we ordered spring rolls, and their gluten-free vegan chocolate caramel cake. All yum!
If were are in the area again we will return :)

Pros: Separate veg/vegan menu, Conscientious , Qucik

Cons: Not all veg, Not the cheapest

I've had a lot better, but not in Salem - Edit

The food here is very mediocre. The service was less than mediocre. The ambience and decor were stuck in the past. But the vegetarian menu has A LOT of choices, and vegan things are marked with a "V." A significant portion of the vegetarian items are also vegan.

Pros: Big vegetarian menu, Convenient location

Cons: Mediocre Food, Somewhat bad service

Extremely Vegan friendly - Edit

Wonderful food. The owner is a vegan herself and there is a dedicated stove for vegan food. They have quite a selection of food...ask for the vegan menu.

*When I tried to give it a 5 star rating it said the maximum rating for a non vegetarian restaurant is 4 stars (this is a combo vegan/regular diner)..so the 4 star rating actually means 5 stars...

Pros: Large vegan menu, Food tastes wonderful, Reasonably priced

Very good! - Edit

Loved everything we ordered. Tried the Sweet and sour tofu, Almond chicken, vegan dumplings with faux beef. Service was good, food arrived fast. Definitely would recommend and plan to return on a regular basis. Ask for vegetarian menu.

Pros: extensive menu with vegan options, food arrived fast, comfortable booth seating

Fantastic - Edit

Fantastic food! The freshness of the vegetables is fantastic and they have been perfectly cooked the three times that we have been there with flavorful sauces and the best vegetarian hot and sour soup that we've had. The brown rice that they serve is also excellent and it's available with no additional charge which is nice. It's a brown rice blend with a nutty flavor and texture which goes well with the flavorful sauces that come with the various meals. Tofu has a nice texture and perfectly cooked. So far we have tried six different items off their oriental menu and have been extremely happy each time. As I like my food on the spicy side the waitress (who was excellent) brought us a small dishes of fresh condiments to add the heat we wanted. We'll have to try the other vegetarian menu items sometime also. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and the guests that we took there were very happy with their meals (carnivor guests).

Pros: Great atmosphere, awesome food, excekkent service

Cons: Its busy

Wonderful vegan options - Edit

We were very surprised to find such a gem in Salem. They offer so many veg options that is hard to decide what to order. They have a separate veg menu (make sure you ask for it).

Definitely if in Salem - Edit

Last week I visited Marco Polo for the first time. Parking was easy. Ambiance was nice. My waiter was accomodating but not very helpful. I requested the owner come to the table to help me make my selection. She was unbelievable. I was unhappy with my entree (atlantic tofu) because it was completely flavorless. She immediately took it back and had the chef prepare me soemthing else. The food was good but not great and I think this is because of what I ordered. The service sincerely made the whole experience excellent. At the end she brought me a vegan cookie. I will definitely go back.

Pros: service, ambiance, parking

Destination Dining - Edit

As a vegetarian chef, I am a hard sell to impress when it comes to eating a decent vegetarian meal outside of my own kitchen. Marco Polo Global Restaurant was an unexpected pleasure that my wife and I stumbled upon quite by accident. With over 70 vegetarian items to choose from, it was hard to narrow it down to just three. We had the vegetable udon soup, high protien rice & nut salad and the most amazing General Tso's Vegetarian Chicken I have ever experienced. Fabulous! Conveniently located downtown with a parking lot. The staff was friendly and treated each customer like their were royalty. We spilled some soup and a member of the wait staff appeared immediately with a wet cloth and plenty of napkins. Another cool thing about Marco Polo is that they have separate menus for each type of cuisine that they offer. I can't say enough about this great find, but I don't want to bore you. Please, please. please go and see for yourself. I can't wait to return to try many more of their delecacies.

Pros: Excellent food, wonderful service, Nice ambiance

Return to Salem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Marco Polo Global Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3475 times since Mar 2009.