Maoz Vegetarian - Saint Andre des Arts

• Vegetarian
Contact 0143263600

36, rue Saint-Andre des Arts, Paris, France, 75005

Part of falafel fast food chain. Has self-service salad and toppings bar. Location is south of the river between Pont Neuf and Saint Michel.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by vegetalien

excellent - Edit

Nous y allons toutes les semaines pour discuter avec Sohil, les frites sont peu chères pour la quantité, de plus les menus sont délicieux, on peut se re servir de la garniture pour notre sandwich. le thé est à tomber. Il faut absolument y aller.

Pros: générosité du gérant , très bons produits

Cons: peu de place

Quick and Easy Veggie Eats - but service terrible - Edit

This is a place where they give you a pita and place a few falafels in it and then you dress it up with toppings that they have like a salad bar - lots of yummy chutneys, sauces, relishes, veggies, etc. The sandwich was filling and tasty but the service left a lot to be desired. We ordered 2 packets of fries and they give you these little bitty containers of ketchup or mayo. We asked for an extra one and they said we had to pay extra! They aren't very friendly and their to go wrapping is wrapping the falafel sandwich in aluminum foil. But it was cheap and a quick eat, plus it is hard to fine veggie places in Paris so we ate here a couple of times.

Pros: Vegetarian/Vegan, Charge for extra ketchup

Cons: Terrible Service

Very recommendable! - Edit

Very delicious falafel sandwiches, which you can fill yourself with unlimited salad, vegetables, couscous and 3 vegan sauces for a good price :)
Although there isn't much space to sit, me and my 2 friends could sit down and eat (an evening in July)

Pros: Quick service, Fill on your own

Good Food on the Go - Edit

Reading the previous reviews I was prepared that the restaurant would be tiny and the stuff not very helpful. Indeed, there is no real menu, just an unclear price list board. I did not find the portion that big either - you can add as much salad you want to the sandwich, but there isn't really enough room to even add a few olives. The actual falafels and humus were tasty.

Pros: In the heart of the city , Open till late at night , Delicious falafel and hummus

Cons: No clear indications of what is vegan , Stuff not helpful, Tiny place

Great Falafel ! - Edit

In street "Saint-Andre des Arts" there 2 or 3 nice places, where you can eat Vegan :) In my opinion "Quartier Latin" is the best part of Paris :)

I had a big Maoz Falafel (4,90 euros) and I really enjoyed it, I found the falafel very tasty, you can add in your "bread+falafel" whatever you want!! :)

For those you don't know what is Falafel I let here what is in the restaurant: "Falafel is a specialty of the Middle East- The falafel balls are made of mashed chickpeas, mixes with fresh vegetables and spices. The balls are subsequently fried in vegetable oil. The falafel is a vegetarian dish, nutritious and very healthy. enjoy your meal." :D

Other comments:
- The service was very fast
- There is a mug of water and you can ask for a glass (for free)
- The "frites" (french fries) are not so good like that..
- "Maoz Menu" is not worth it. (My cousin had it and is just the normal Maoz Falafel with aubergine (for instance) inside and the frites and the drink (I think)
- There are just 3 or 4 chairs and almost no place to eat inside... is more the kind of place that you buy the food and you go outside.
- no toilet

Pros: Price, Fast, Vegan

Cons: No place to sit / eat, no toilet

Falafel heaven! - Edit

My dreams come true with this place. Never heard about this falafel fast food chain, but I'm glad I found it last week. You can order your falafel sandwich and add a tasty variety of vegan toppings on it. Highly recommended!
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 28, 2015

Pros: Awesome falafel, Veggie toppings

Cons: Small place, No toilet

Great Maoz place! - Edit

Maoz Vegetarian is always a heaven for vegetarians and vegans. The principle is simple: pita bread, falafels, hummus, grilled eggplants and a lots of sauces and vegetables to add and you have a really good meal for less than 6 euros. I've always taken the Maoz Royal and I always loved it. This specific location of Maoz also offers a vegan couscous (which is good and generous) and a tasty Moroccan soup. Only some toppings are not vegan. Ask to be sure. The only negative thing of these Maoz is their fries: I find them really awful.

The place is well located at the very center of Paris and is open until very late, which is so convenient. There is a small sitting area but the best is to take away and go along the Seine which is very close. Staff is friendly and efficient.

Pros: excellent food, inexpensive, good location, large opening hours

Cons: fries not good, not 100% vegan

Good falafel - Edit

This branch of Maoz is mostly similar to the original one closer to Notre-Dame and offers the same delicious falafel and toppings.

Unfortunately it's also quite a small space and is uncomfortable when crowded. Another problem here is that they were playing some sort of arabic style music at a loud volume - not necessary - if you're going to play music in a food place then keep it at a background level.

Apart from the above it's a great place to stop for a veggie falafel snack.

Pros: Tasty food, Good value, Located on a picturesque street

Cons: Small space uncomfortable when crowded, Owner unaware of annoying music volume

Best falafel I've ever had - Edit

I don't go searching for the perfect falafel or anything so I don't have that much to compare it to but it was the best I've ever had. I had one with grilled eggplant in it and it was amazing. the fillings are self serve which is great, it's really cheap and the staff were generally friendly.
Highly recommend this, seemed popular with the locals.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Friendly stafff

Cons: Very small

cheap, but it`s just ok - Edit

After reading the reviews here I thought I was going to get the best falafel of my life in Maoz, but the falafel itself is just ok. But you can put a lot of different toppings so it gets more interesting. The big portion and cheap price pays the visit.

Pros: cheap, huge portion

Cons: falafel is just ok

good as always - Edit

Maoz has been my foreign-city-saviour several times now! Great falafels, yummy toppings and very good value. The menus not very descriptive and the guy working there wasn't that helpful in explaining what each option meant, seemed as if he thought I should just know already but it's not obvious! I got what I wanted in the end though, which was a pitta with falafels, hummus, aubergine & salads.
Everything vegan except the coleslaw & mayo off the self serve salad bar.
So yummy! :)

Pros: tasty, good value, nearly all vegan

Cons: staff not very helpful, menu not descriptive enough, wanted more green salad bits

Awesome Falafel - Edit

The best Falafel in paris :) and great french fries. Some bench seating for around 8 people. Nice service.

My score is 5, as it is what it is and doesn't disappoint. Its not inventive or mind blowing but it is really good, fresh, fast food for the price.

Pros: Yummy, Cheap, Quick

Cons: Not much room

Amazing falafels and salad bar - Edit

I ate at Maoz during a short stay in Paris, and I'm very glad I did.
The falafels were very good, and so was the self-service salad bar, which offers a good selection of raw and cooked vegetables, as well as tasty sauces to top them with. For the more health conscious, they also offer whole-wheat pitas, though they had run out of them on the day I visited.
Be aware that the place is very small, and there's very little seating available inside.

Pros: Amazing falafels, Excellent salad bar, Good value

Cons: Not much seating

Well-made falafels and humus - Edit

A great place to drop by for lunch when visiting Paris. Good falafels, fries, and humus and a good selection in the salad bar. Quite small, with very few seats.

Pros: Good humus, Central location

Cons: Few seats

Quick, cheap, great - Edit

Maoz is a welcome alternative to expensive, sit-down restaurants in Paris. Go in, order, construct your falafel, grab a seat, done. It's also nice to get it to-go and find a scenic place to sit & eat.
The food itself is great, I love how you're given a basic falafel and then have a salad bar to choose your toppings from. The fries are delish too.
We went to a few other Maoz throughout Europe during our trip, but I always thought the one in Paris was the best.

Pros: inexpensive, tasty, healthy

Cons: crowded

Very Happy - Edit

My girlfriend and I have gone here 3/5 days we have been in paris. It is a great place to eat a fast lunch and for us its good because we can order anything off the menu. The owners work the front and all the staff we have meet accommodated our lack of french. It was a great meal and we will defiantly be going back again before we leave.

Pros: all veggie, fast, great location

Cons: small seating

Friendly and cheap - Edit

We went here twice on our recent visit to Paris. We also went to the other Moaz very near by, but this is the better one, because the staff were much nicer and it was a bit cleaner. It is also a slightly bit more lively area. However, if you want more seating, it's best to go for the other one. For those of you familiar with Moaz, you know what to expect. It's much the same all over the world I think. But for those of us, like me, who do not have them in my local city (Baile étha Cliath), they may need a bit of explaining. Basically they are a fast food falafel (chick-pea balls in pitta bread) place. You can order either a Moaz meal (Falafel, Chips and drink) for about €8, which is great as Paris is an extremely expensive city. Or you can order just one of the above. There is not much else. The Falafel itself comes with hummous and a selection of veggies which you choose yourself from the salad bar....as much as you want to add....and sauces - garlic, mayo, tomato sauce, etc. They are good proportions also.

Pros: Cheap....for Paris, Friendly, Fast

Cons: Very few seats, A slight bit unclean, A bit cool

Wonderful Maoz in Beautiful Location - Edit

Located in a fabulous part of the city, this is a fresh, clean and friendly chain of this fabulous falafel chain. 4.50 EUR for a large falafel sandwich or 5 EUR with humous or aubergine. The fries are very tasty and good value at 2.20 EUR. I would say this is a better branch than the other Maoz in Paris at Rue Xavier Privas. Maoz is a great option for a truly filling meal instead of dining in a restaurant.

Pros: location, price, salad choice

Delicious and inexpensive - Edit

Myself and family bought falafels for lunch from here twice during a three night stay in Paris. The falafels were a generous portion and delicious! The best thing was you could keep topping them up with as much salad/chutney as you liked. In addition the person serving us was so kind and polite, making the whole experience very pleasant. The only downside was that there was very limited seating as essentially this is a fast food place with only 3-4 seats. But don't let that put you off, as it is perfect for grabbing a quick bite of something filling and delicious.

I'd also like to add that there are two listings for 'Maoz' on here which confused me, but I believe they are actually the SAME. Just thought I'd better mention that to anyone else who might get confused too!

In terms of location, it's great as it's not very far from the Notre Dame, but you do need to look for it a little as it is a street or two inside the main streets. Definitely worth looking for though, trust me!

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive, Good service

Fabulously fast and fresh falafel - Edit

Loved this place, we ended up eating there twice during our short August break. When you need something quick, fresh and tasty and guaranteed meat-free this is hard to beat!

The place itself is on the small side, just a few chairs and no loo. It's all managed by one person who was so friendly and whizzed about serving everyone and cooking the falafel fresh at great speed.

You can help yourself to as much salad as many times as you wish, it's certainly great food if you are on a tight budget as a large falafel (5 pieces) in pitta with salad is €4.50.

Pros: excellent value, very fresh food, friendly staff

Cons: minimal seating, no toilet

cheap and cheerful - Edit

This place was great to fuel up before an afternoon of sightseeing. You can get falafels in pita bread for a few euros and load it up with all the toppings, like olives, carrots, tomatoes, pickles and chilli sauce. There's not much seating so we went and ate ours in the view of the Notre Dame - bliss. It can get quite busy and chaotic so don't expect silver service, but when it's filling, tasty and cheap, what more do you need?

Pros: tasty food, good value

Cons: no toilets

Good, inexpensive vegan food - Edit

Both Maoz restaurants in Paris are great for vegans looking for a quick, tasty, and inexpensive bite to eat. I always get the falafel sandwich with fried aubergine, and begin piling on the different toppings: cooked (and seasoned) carrots, beats, cabbage, olives, and two different kinds of chile sauce. One of the varieties of cabbage seems to have cream in it--I've never put that on, and I would recommend that vegans stay away from that one. The rest of the toppings are all vegan. Though there isn't much seating to speak of, you're close to some nice parks, to the Seine, and to Notre Dame--so, it's not difficult to find a bench where you can eat your meal.

Pros: inexpensive, tasty, almost entirely vegan

Cons: not much seating

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maoz Vegetarian - Saint Andre des Arts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8649 times since Apr 2010.