Maoz Vegetarian - Xavier Privas

8, rue Xavier Privas, Paris, France, 75005

Franchise falafel fast food chain. Has self-service salad and toppings bar. Standing room only. Location is south of the River Gauche, at metro Saint-Michel towards Notre Dame, 2nd street to the right. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-11:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by MBermingham

Yum - Edit

Delicious falafel, well priced. You can add your own toppings to the falafel pita. Free cups for tap water, always appreciated. I took my meal and ate it along the bank of the Seine. It has minimal bar seating.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap

Cons: Minimal seating

Great falafel - Edit

Needed to grab a quick dinner after class the other night and was searching for veggie options when I discovered this place! Had a falafel pitta and a Coke - my order was taken quickly and it was around 6 euros.

There's self service for salad and sauces, which is good in a way but it does mean that you kind of end up with the stuff heaped on top rather than throughout the pitta...

So that's something I might change but overall the food was great and I'd recommend it.

Pros: Good falafel, Quick service

Cons: Self-service for salad and sauces

Ok - Edit

Oui c'est pratique et c'est veggie... mais pas cosy et pas vraiment healthy!

Pros: Cheap, Easy, Veggie

Cons: Unhealthy, Non organic, Not. cosy

Quick and delicious ! - Edit

I ordered Harira, falafel, baklava and another dessert which I forgot the name. They were all good and resonably priced.
A young man at the shop was not friendly but appreciate this great vegan place!

Pros: Reasonably priced, Convenient location

Cons: Not a comfortable eating area, Service

Cheap in Paris - Edit

Very good deal if you want something quick to eat. Delicious and cheap, I took a deal with a drink and chips and could not finish it. There were only one vegetarian salad and two sauces, everything else was vegan, which was great. The man who was making food was very friendly, it was very busy but he did his best to make sure everyone got a seat.

Pros: Mostly vegan, cheap and quick.

Cons: Small seating area and no toilet but that seems to

Good place for a fa(s)t eat - Edit

(fried) Falafel is fat food everyone knows that..so don't be surprise!
In a central location to take away for a quick bite

Cheap food , definitely prefer eat fruits but if you want something fatty and not expensive go for it!

Simply one of the best places for vegans in Paris - Edit

great falafels, delicious various salads and inexpensive at all ! As a person who lived in Paris for six years, I must say that this is my favourite place to buy a vegan lunch in this city.
Thanks Maoz for the delicious falafels :) They are-just-amazing. :)

Small falafel place - Edit

The salad bar is great and you can refill if you want.
Staff is nice but not that much seats and no toilets.
There is an option for integral pita which is a healthy option.

Pros: Big salad bar, Good food for a good price, Option for cereal pita

Cons: Small so not enough tables sometimes, No toilet

very good fast food friendly - Edit

Good falafel with good deal with fries. Hummus and fried aubergine options. Owner very friendly hooked me up with a sandwich past closing time.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 25, 2015

Falafel Win - Edit

Late dinner with my mum back in November. At last something cheap to eat in Paris! Best falafel wrap I've had - I think it was better than the Maoz in Soho that I frequent, and seemed to be more vegan. Staff were very friendly and positive about my request for integrale bread. There was no space so we strolled down the road to admire Notre Dame lit up while we stuffed ourselves. Big thumbs up.

Pros: salad selection, nice vibe, fast and cheap

Cons: no space

ok - Edit

The falafel was ok and it was great to be able to fill it yourself from the salad bar and get free refills on that. However, these options weren't really typical falafel fillings at all and I didn't find the salad bar very hygienic with everyone cueing there, handling their money, etc. Altogether it's Ok for a fast and cheap eat. If you look for a good falafel, go to l'as de falafel instead.

Cheap and sort of cheerful - Edit

In the heart of the Latin Quarter near Notre Dame. You have walk by all the restaurants serving barbeque meat. Is just take away and you can get a salad or a wrap with falafel and salad. You get a lot for your money. It could have been cleaner - but we didn't have any problems. It just didn't look very nice.

Pros: fast, vegan, realatively cheap

Cons: dirty, ordering process stressful, noisy

Great falafel, friendly staff - Edit

It's my second time here already. I enjoyed the falafel. It's so fulfilling. The set includes a falafel wrap with unlimited salad and dressing along with fries. I think it costs 8 euro or sth like that.
Recommend :)

Pros: Inexpensive , Near attractions, Yummy

Cons: Small sitting area

Great Convinience Food - Edit

As we'd spent all our money by the end of our trip to Paris we came here for a quick meal. The food was great (Im vegan and they pointed out the options for me) and so were the staff, who all spoke perfect english. I'll definitely visit here again when I'm in paris.

Pros: Cheap, Fast, Staff spoke English

Cons: No enclosed indoor sitting area, Small/not many seats

easy, cheap & convenient - Edit

It's basically our go to place whenever we're in Paris. It's conveniently located really close to Notre Dame in the Latin quarter. They offer a menu including a falafel pita with fries and a soda can with an "all-you-can-eat salad bar" as long as you're able to put it on you pita bread (you get no extra plate or something).

PLEASE NOTE:
We went there twice last week and they did NOT open at 11:00 as stated on their website. They opened at 11:30 on both days.

Pros: conveniently located, fairly cheap, delicious

Cons: incorrect opening times, small, no toilets

great falafel - Edit

Maoz is great for a quick bite, and great for a budget-conscious diner. Their falafel is always excellent. It's the perfect place if you don't have time for a sit down dinner.

Pros: great food, great prices

Cons: not much space to sit

Good falafel, nothing special - Edit

The Falafel is good but nothing special. You can add some vegetables, olives and sauces yourself from a kind of buffet, which improves the falafel.
Besides falafel and salad there is not much what you can get there.

Good location near the Notre Dame in the Quartier Latin. The restaurant is tiny and has seating for a dozen people. Ok, its fast food and you can take it with you.

Pros: near touristic places

Cons: small menu, nothing special

Always Great! - Edit

Maoz is a staple for us when in Paris (and our recent stop in Amsterdam). Freshly made falafels, plenty of toppings, great fries, and one of the better deals in the city! They have multiple locations so make note of all of them so you have options when touring around the city!

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maoz Vegetarian - Xavier Privas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.