Maoz Falafel - Damrak

Contact 020-4509987

Damrak 40, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1012 LK

Another branch this international falafel fast food chain. This one is on the main street between Central Station and Dam Square. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out

First Review by slithers

Amazing, cheap vegan fastfood - Edit

Maoz falafel is a part of an international chain, and they offer falafels in white or whole-wheat pitas, salad boxes and more. I took the normal size whole-wheat pita, and was amazed by the price and quality! Inside were five freshly made, tasty falafels, and you got to put all your own toppings in - as much as you like (and fits, so of course eating was messy but that is my own fault)! I think that 4,95€ for this is a cheap price. The only downside is that the shop was small so the pita filling station was quite crowded. Other than that, super awesome! The only stuff not vegan was one of the many filling salads and a few sauces, everything else was vegan.

Pros: Good price-quality ratio, Super tasty , Fast and fresh

Cons: Small and crowded shop

Good Food, Awkward Layout - Edit

Overall this was a nice place for a Vegan snack. I had the felafel in a brown pitta with hummus and added veggies from the salad bar. It was freshly cooked and tasted great!

Pros: Good Location , Convenient , Reasonably Priced

Cons: Salad Bar Is In An Awkward Position - You Get In E

Small range but with free hands to choose - Edit

Not much to choose between so we ordered falafel with fries. You could pick the vegetables your self, which was both fresh and inspiring. It didn't taste very good, but the sauce saved the dish.

Quite cheap to eat, with many places to sit. It was not hard to find because of its bright logo.

Pros: pick own vegetables , cheap, easy to find

Cons: not much to choose between

the best vegan falafel - Edit

It was almost midnight and I had nothing to eat, and right across my hotel I saw Maoz Falafel, I went there and told them I was vegan and they made me a delicious falafel, the best I've ever had

Very Nice! - Edit

I visited here for a quick lunch. It was surprisingly good for a fast food place. You get given your pitta with falafels in then pick what you want to add. It is easy to see what is vegan and what is not. There are loads of salad choices, I loved the dill cucumbers best.

We ordered fries with our falafel, but could barely eat them as the pitta was so big. It was really busy but we still got a seat. The place was clean, the staff were lovely, and the food was really tasty. We paid 18 euros for a pitta each and normal size fries, plus a drink (there were two of us).

I'll definitely go here again if i need a quick lunch in Amsterdam.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, large portions

Cons: very busy, not always a seat free

Falafel! - Edit

I love Maoz. This location is quite busy, but not as insane as the (mediocre) place next door that sells fries and always has massive lines due to some weird reason. Still hard to get a seat usually. There's not that many good vegen options in the immediate area, so I'm happy it's here. Indifferent service like in evey other Maoz location.

Best falafel - Edit

I don't even want to know how many times I've been here over the years. So it's about time to give 'em a nice review. Falafel is great, plenty of choices from the saladbar and sauces (some aren't vegan though). Sometimes it's a bit crowded, and there are not a lot of seatings. Also some of the staff is very unfriendly, but others are nice. Fries are good too.

Pros: Great salad bar, Good falafel, Quick

Cons: Unfriendly staff, Crowded

Good for vegans, just pay attention when take away - Edit

If you take the falafel the cole slaw and some sauses are not vegan, the rest is vegan. The falafel and salads are tasty and really a good lunch or dinner. It's not expensive at all and taste fresh.
So I do recommend eating there, but when you order take away pay attention to how much they pack up. I ended up with only 2 falafels in the pita when I came home and there are suppose to be 4 or 5 if you order the bigger one.
Personnel is okay, not really nice but also not cranky.

Pros: Cheap, Great for vegans, Tasty falafel

Cons: Small, Don't do take away, Sometimes crowded you can't sit

fast, jummy and easy on the wallet - Edit

The place is quite crowded all the time, still friendly staff and very tasty food. With the falafel in a white or brown pita you have unlimited toppings and can come back and refill the pita as often as you want, which is amazing because the toppings are very tasty.
Because you get to pick yourself what you put and how much of it, it is the perfect falafel for oneself!
Because of the crowd it is rather dirty there although the staff is cleaning when they have time.
Even if you get a seat at a table it is still food "on the go".

Pros: fast, tasty, cheap

Cons: crowded, dirty floors and tables

Tasty food, fast! - Edit

Falafel is always a safe bet with our family because I am veg and my husband is not. This place is great! The associate knew right away what sauces, ingredients had dairy so I could avoid them. They give you the (delicious) falafel in pita and you can add as many toppings as you want- and there are a lot of them! My only complaint is that there isn't much place to sit.

Pros: Many options, Knowledgeable staff, Tasty

Cons: Small seating area

The one in Paris is a lot better - Edit

As we have eaten in Paris a few times, when we traveled to Amsterdam, we made sure to visit. It's disappointing, though. The place was bigger with more staff but it's not clean and unsystematic.

The falafel tasted bland. We'd rather visit other places.

Pros: Inexpensive

Cons: Not clean, Not tasty

Recommened for a quick and satisfying meal - Edit

I am glad I found this place, very tasty and quickly served food. I had a massive falafel wrap (you can choose between white and wholegrain pitta) with hummus and unlimitted toppings for less than 5 euros.

The only thing I didn't like was the staff- unfriendly and unhelpful.
Also,
Updated from previous review on Sunday June 14, 2015

Pros: quick, big portions, good price, unlimitted toppings

Cons: unfriendly staff, crowded

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maoz Falafel - Damrak closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.