First Review by ELyzab

Great place for organic grains and nuts - Edit

I've just recently gone from vegetarian to vegan, and have been buying most of my produce from Marks & Spencers, I buy the rest of my shopping from Manuka as I know it is organic and is always stocked up unlike some isles in supermarkets.
I made the mistake of buying what I thought was vegan cookies but it wasn't until I got home I had realised they had eggs in them, but I exchanged them for the ones I would of originally got and they were happy to do so.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Staff are very willing to help, A lot of vegan and organic options

Cons: Not all products are vegan, The Fruit & Veg section is very small

Good local Shop - Edit

As for someone saying its a bad shop becasue it sold some animal product. Well I find that silly. I have only recently discovered this shop and I think it should be encouraged, not slated. There should be more shops like this. Chichester has little to no shops likes this. The other is holland and Barrett and if you look at who owns them you may think twice about shopping there. Fact is this is a great little local shop and I hope it stays.

Pros: Local, Alternative To Holland And Barrett

Cons: Couls Stock More Vegan Products

Animal products sold here - not vegetarian - Edit

Last time I visited this shop I found they had tinned fish products and so it is not a vegetarian shop - not happy with that since I assume if on Happy Cow the establishments are at least vegetarian.

Cons: sell animal products, sell fish

very handy shop - Edit

I stopped in here to pick up some vegan essentials, having never been before. The shop boasts a mixture of healthy, organic and vegan products so you have to read labels. It also sells organic veg and has a tiny cafe (selling vegan and veggie sandwiches plus drinks). Service was friendly and they have a loyalty card, you get a stamp when you spend £10 and ten stamps give you £10 to spend in store.
I shall be visiting again as they had good lines of stock (Tofutti etc).

Pros: vegan, organic, friendly

Cons: read labels!

Return to Chichester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Manuka Wholefoods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2773 times since Jan 2011.