Manow Thai

+44-1962890688

72 St George's St, Winchester, England, SO23 8AH

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. Can make the vegetarian dishes vegan (if not already). Sample dishes include massaman curry, red curry, sweetcorn cakes, tempura vegetables, spring rolls, and coconut rice. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-2:30pm, 6:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by RichardSJ

Bad... - Edit

We visited last night and specifically chose Manow because of the reviews on here, but I can honestly say the meal was a complete dissapointment. The food lacked any depth and heat - when ordering the Thai Red Curry we asked for it to be extra spicy yet the dish didn’t have a fresh chilli in it.

Above this, the manager didn’t say anything to us which you’d expect out of courtesy.. instead we had a young waiter who explained they are having “chef problems” and apologised profoundly.

We didn’t eat any of the food and sent in back, ended up paying for a meal and leaving there hungry.. based on this experience I’d not recommend Manow.
I’m starting to think these reviews on here are “fake - paid for reviews”
I never write negative reviews so it pains me to post this.

Conclusion of this whole ordeal is not good, possibly the worst meal and experience I’ve had in a very very long time.

Cons: Bad food , Bad customer service , Bad vibes

Nice friendly place, and vegan aware - Edit

We always get a warm welcome here. Small independently owned place in centre of Winchester. They are very veggie and vegan aware, and know not to put fish sauce in veg options and egg in vegan options. Good fixed price lunch menu, and good evening menu, but drinks are expensive.

Pros: Several menu choices, Independently owned, Good location

Cons: Expensive drinks

Return to Winchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Manow Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.