Manhattan Factory

( 1 review )

31 rue du Marché Notre-Dame, Poitiers, France

Serves meat, vegan options available. American-style restaurant and bakery. Veggie options include a burger, wrap, salad, sides such as onion rings and fries, milkshakes. Staff know what vegan means. Milkshakes can be veganized on demand. Open Mon-Thu 8:30am-8:00pm, Fri 8:30am-9:30pm, Sat 9:00am-9:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Fast food, Bakery, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by ConnieB

A must-try spot for vegans - Edit

I went there with a meat-eater, we had the burger with fried potato patty, eggplant, bell peppers, and onion rings instead of goat cheese. It was amazing, very tasty and held together well. The bread comes from a nearby bakery, it has great texture and tastes very fresh. (There is also a new burger recipe with marinated tofu, sprouted soybeans, veggies and Thai sauce, and a bagel with polenta, veggies and Provençal sauce).
For dessert, I asked the owner if she could make a vegan version of their Oreo milkshake, she whipped up a recipe in five minutes using soy milk and coconut cream and it was the most amazing, thick milkshake I've ever had! We then took a slice of vegan strawberry cheesecake to-go, which was also creamy and delicious.
Overall, it was a perfect experience. The only slightly annoying thing is that vegan items are not indicated on the menu (due to possible cross-contamination), so we didn't know there were vegan desserts until we asked the owner. However, you can just ask, she is very friendly and will accommodate.

Updated from previous review on 2017-08-28

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious food

Cons: Vegan items not indicated

Return to Poitiers Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Manhattan Factory closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.