Mango y Chile

019836882000

Av 3, Fuerte San Felipe (at Entre Calle 22), Bacalar, Mexico, 77930

Plant based restaurant serving burgers, organic coffee, pastries, donuts, smoothies, shakes. Has Wi-Fi and a garden with view. Open Mon 1:00pm-9:00pm, Wed-Sun 1:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Mexican

First Review by SweetLeannaZ

incredible place! - Edit

within three days of being in Bacalar I've visited this place three times - two times for dinner and once to pick up donuts.
the food is incredible! seriously! the burgers are fresh, the pineapple in the maya burger the best idea ever! same goes for the tortillas.
the chips (fries) are great and i really liked the help-yourself-bar with different sauces (check out the mango salsa!).
unfortunately, i've never tried the smoothies as the food portions are just way too big but my friend had the one with peanut and chocolate and loved it.
the donuts are brilliant, even though a little on the pricey side. my favourite is the coffee one. and i gladly pay 2 dollars for something that good. if you're lucky, you can pick them up 1 1 half price if there are any left shortly before closing ;)

also, everyone working in this lovely restaurant is insanely nice and helpful! amazing place!

Pros: taste!!!, choice/variety, staff/location

Best Vegan place to - Edit

This is the best vegan place I've ever been to! I had the classic burger which came with fries - a mess to eat, but delicious none the less. To drink I had a velvet soda with passion fruit flavour - I'm sad that I've never seen it before or will probably never have it again. The view was amazing overlooking the Lake.

A very pleasant surprise in Bacalar - Edit

Very cute place with pretty view of the laguna Bacalar. We tried their Maya burguer and their maya tacos. They were amazing. So happy to find such nice, delicious vegan place. Their donuts and cookies were also delicious.

Pros: Very well located, Tasty food, Great ambiance

Cons: They don't open for breakfast

We LOVE this place! - Edit

I would like to see one of these in every town in the world!
Best burgers, best fries, delightful desserts and drinks and the most gorgeous attention To detail...
Add to that mix two of the kindest and beautiful people you will ever meet! I love the owners and the staff....
And these busy owner/workers make the time to rescue animals..
We will miss them when we head back home!

Pros: Great food, Beautiful setting, Wonderful staff

Cons: Only one restaurant , Not one in every city, We can't take the staff and food home with us

The food is even better than the view! - Edit

My wife and dined at Mango Y Chile last night and had a delightful time and meal. I had the Classica Burger and it was fantastic. Great "meat" and all the fixings on top with a side of fries. Perfecto!

The restaurant is atop an old stone fort built back in the 1700's and we sat next to a cannon that defended the community from invaders coming from Laguna Bacalar.

The whole experience was a treat for us!

Pros: The food, The owners, The location

Cons: Would love to see more menu items.

Stunning! - Edit

This place is amazing. The view from the outdoor seating is breathtaking and it's among the ruins of an old fort. I had the Classico burger which was made of beet root. I was so happy not to eat a soy burger. Everything about the burger was perfect. The toppings, the guacamole, the veganese chipotle mayo and best of all the bun! Fries are perfectly cooked and many sauces to dip in. The doughnuts are out of this world!!! I had a chocolate doughnut and it can only be described as perfect. So flavourful, so soft, so choclatey. The prices as reasonable as well. A lot of people were having shakes and smoothies which I didn't try but looked delicious. Even the bathrooms were beautiful and very clean. If you're looking for a burger, doughnut, or good drink this is the place to be. So happy I stumbled upon it.

Pros: View, Taste, Not all just soy

Cons: Menu a tad limited

MangoYChile 10 Dec 2016 - There is no greater joy then putting so much time and effort into what we do and then read a review like yours, thank you, we are so happy you found us and that we had the oportunity to share our food with you. We hope you have a wonderful trip, and that you come back some time. All the best

Return to Bacalar Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mango y Chile closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.