Mandarin Chinese Food and Sushi

714-228-0644

6875 La Palma Ave, Buena Park, California, USA, 90620

Serves meat, vegan options available. Primarily a takeout and delivery kind of place. Many main entrees can be ordered with vegetarian mock meat as protein of choice, like faux chicken. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by aidamac143

Eh - Edit

I ordered (for delivery) tonight and since none of my family is veg besides me, it seemed like a good place to order from. We placed an order for Chicken Chop Suey x2 (one with faux chicken). The food arrived fairly quickly, however, the delievery struck a nerve with me. I opted to tip in cash so after signing the merchant copy of my receipt he because kind of pushy about receiving a tip and then seemed ratger displeased with my $4 tip on a $20 tab. He probably would have gotten more if it wasn't for how pushy he was about it. I work as a barista and I know tips are important but so is how you act to make those tips.
The important part.. the food. If I'm being honest I was less than impressed. It was pretty bland even after dumping a whole packet of soy sauce in my bowl. Furthermore it was extremely oily which made me not want to keep eating. Not to mention that for almost $10 you're not getting much food. I may give this place another chance but I definitively will not be purchasing the Chicken Chop Suey again.

Pros: Faux meat options, $1 delivery fee, fast delivery

Cons: Bland, Over priced

Vegan friendly - Edit

I had lunch here once with my non-veg* family. The staff is polite and the place is clean. They don't hover but they make sure you have everything you need. They were polite and *not* bothered by the billions of questions I asked about ingredients. I asked if the miso soup had any animal by-product, fish sauce, or an animal based broth and they told me it didn't. I asked the same about the vegetable rolls(if they had fish, they don't) and asked if the orange sauce had animal by-products. They were not annoyed by my questions and from what they told me, these 3 items are vegan.
I will eat here again.

Pros: polite staff, not bothered by my vegan questions, a number of vegan options

Looks and taste like... - Edit

When ordering vegetarian dishes that contain chicken or beef it looks and taste like the real thing. It just doesn't look like tofu. To top it off your able to order brown rice. Yum!

Return to Buena Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mandarin Chinese Food and Sushi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.