Mandarava

Cafe offering organic food, drinks, and baked goods with gluten free options. Each day a different selection of grains, beans, soup, and savory vegetable. Has juices and smoothies, French pressed coffee, handmade chocolate, spiced nuts, and granola. Ask about the Sunday Supper Club, a ticketed 3-course meal. Window seats and a long stone bar wrap around the open kitchen. Playground outside for kids. Mon-Sun 10:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by VEGvoyagers

Loving, Whole Foods Vegan Cooking - Edit

I was working in the area and this place was the closest vegan restaurant in the area. The daily bowls are simple, yet rich in flavor. I also had a cup of the soup which was decadent and savory. I left with a happy, healthy, and full tummy, and will be headed back again soon!

Pros: vegan , healthy , whole foods

Simple but lovely! - Edit

The daily bowls here are cooked lovingly with generous portions, and Ellie is very warm and passionate about what she does. They're expanding, which means that vegan food is in demand and that's so wonderful to see! The food here is simple, mostly what you could make at home, but it's such a nice place to eat and eat with intention that it's still a fav.

Wonderful! - Edit

My husband and I are new vegans and were in the area and decided to stop in. The owner was delightful and made us feel welcomed and comfortable. We really enjoyed our meals. I had the bowl of the day and my husband had the soup. Both were absolutely delicious. Recommend to all vegans in the area!!!

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Value, Friendly Staff

unique and genuine - Edit

if you want pure, real, vegan, and organic/local food this is your kind of place. We have been here over 10 times and are never disappointed. this place is still fairly new but the mother-daughter team does a great job and really care about the food they make. Theres a juice and smoothie menu thats standard every day but they offer only one soup and one bowl a day so if your going for food its good to check on their facebook page before you go incase you have food sensitivities. ive tried several soups including tomato(my fav), veggie medley, and chili. A typical bowl is something like brown rice, marinated kale, and a bean or lentil mixture, simple but real! they dont use any processed vegan stuff like some places. you will only find pure ingredients here which make this one of my favorite place to grab a quick lunch. they also have special dinners a few nights a week with limited seating where you reserve your spot ahead of time because its closed to the general public, you can make reservations on facebook :)

Pros: organic/local/pure, good location with ample parking, friendly service

Cons: limited inside seating

Return to Newburyport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mandarava closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3665 times since May 2012.