Mandalay

Contact 812-339-7334

413 E 4th St, Bloomington, Indiana, USA, 47408

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves Burmese cuisine, featuring clearly marked vegetarian and vegan menu items. Try the curry coconut tofu. There are veg friendly appetizers, curries and noodle dishes. Tue-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, Tue-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Burmese, Non-veg

First Review by proper or pompous?

Vegan pho makes me happy - Edit

They have a really great selection of vegan and vegetarian food. If you like indian or thai food, Burmese is very similar to that but with more of an emphasis on savory flavors (in my opinion). Highly recommend this place.

SO GOOD! - Edit

My fiance and I stopped into Mandalay on our way back from a road trip. We live in Indianapolis, and now we are trying to think up ways to get back to Bloomington!

We started with the Mandalay Fritters, which were really filling and delicious fried patties made with red beans and I'm not sure what else. They came with a spicy sauce.

I got Yellow Beans and Onions, mostly because it seemed so simple and I wanted to see if it would be delicious or just basic beans and onions. I can't describe the flavor, but it was amazing. It was also very filling, and after the fritters I could barely eat any of it. I took it home and got two meals out of the leftovers.

My fiancé got the Coconut Curry Tofu dish. He loved it. It tasted good to me, a little different than other curries, but I liked my food better. :)

Overall, it was delicious and very reasonably priced. I can't wait to go back.

(PS, Happy Cow only allows a max of 4 stars for a non vegetarian restaurant. This one would definitely get the full five if I could give it.)

small but good - Edit

i spend ten days out of the year in bloomington, and look forward to eating at mandalay at least twice every visit. the coconut curry tofu is excellent. it's pretty much my go to dish, and i've never been disappointed. i do wish there were more vegan options though.

Pros: nice staff, c.c.tofu, location

Cons: serves meat, limited vegan options

Return to Bloomington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mandalay closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1052 times since Aug 2012.