Mandala Organic Arts

Contact 07-56791762

2558, Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach (at near Pacific Fair), Gold Coast, Queensland,

A center offering nourishing meals, live music, free Wi-Fi, art gallery, community talks, and workshops. Food prepared with fresh produce from its own permaculture garden and local organic farmers. Has vegan pizza, raw chocolate, raw desserts, probiotic drinks, juices, elixirs, organic coffee, and teas. Relaxed ambiance. Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm Open Mon-Sun for dinner.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Organic, Raw, Western

First Review by Neerga

pizza night - Edit

Tuesday was all you can eat pizza night for $25, not bad but I should have skipped lunch if I had of known that ahah, other than that, the pizza was ok. Its a much healthier version of pizza which is good.

amazing! - Edit

Have been here a few times and love it. Great atmosphere, friendly staff and yummy food. Even my non vegan friends love it.

Pros: 100% vegan, Great atmosphere. Often have bands playing., Serve alcohol

good food but atmosphere/service mediocre - Edit

Went to this place for dinner, was very impressed by the menu, a lot of vegan mains on offer. I liked the cashew cheese on the pizzas, added some flavour/texture without being an overpowering replacement. Unfortunately the acoustics were not appropriate for live music so we couldn't have a conversation (we then got charged for the music!) and the staff weren't great as they forgot one order so it was slow.

Good - Edit

An ok place to take non-vegan friends. The food is pretty basic vegan stuff, all the staples, and they're done well for the most part, but most of it I do at home. Nice kombucha!

Pros: nice fresh food, kombucha on tap

Cons: nothing special, terrible parking, expensive

Great food and atmosphere. - Edit

What a restaurant! Has it all. 100% plant based meals, A nice outdoor area thats great for kids, Inside has a great feel and a stage for live performances.
Best pizza on the coast.

Pros: 100% vegan

Cons: parking is a little lacking.

Love this place!! - Edit

Great atmosphere, really friendly service, the food is spectacular. The must-haves are the pizza and the Brazilian bean dish

Pros: Pizza, atmosphere , instagram-able :)

Cons: not always for someone on a budjet

Deluxe breakky - Edit

Mandala does a mean breakfast!! Had the Vegan benny - mushrooms, spinach, asparagus, avocado on sourdough with hollandaise sauce, coconut 'bacon' and dill. Very rich. The waffles also looked great. Open from 7:30am on weekends now I believe.

Pros: Vegan, chilled atmosphere

Dips platter, pizza and lemongrass Kombucha - Edit

I always order this when I go- so amazing. If you go here and don't get the pizza, you're not really getting the full experience. I haven't really tried much of their other foods, I had the tempeh burger the other day which was really nice but as any burger, pretty messy- so don't go in white like I did.

It's hard to try new things because I love my order so much! Each time I go I try and get one new thing.

Pros: Amazing pizza, Great drinks, Awesome atmosphere

Cons: Can be extremely busy so book ahead

Best Vegan Pizza - Edit

A local vegan and friend of mine recommended I go here and try the pizza, and I was not disappointed. In addition to great pizzas they also have a good range of other dishes and drinks. Highly recommended.

Pros: Tasty Food, Good Vibe, Menu Selection

Amazing variety of pizza! - Edit

Mandala has an amazing variety of pizza with some very unique toppings. I really enjoyed trying a few of them! Check out the photos that I have uploaded so you can see for yourself :-)

Pros: Excellent variety for pizza and dessert

Cons: Quite expensive

So Much Variety! - Edit

Great cafe, it's pretty great stuff to be able to go somewhere where you can eat everything on the menu! As a vegan I'm not use to so much variety. The food is great, the atmosphere is chilled, just a great little place.

fantastic place to eat - Edit

Had the pizza and one of the raw dishes and the food is beautiful. The taste was awesome and although feeling full the food felt light and healthy. The variations of pizza was also a pleasant surprise. Definitely a place worth the money. The coconut ice cream and raw cake for dessert is also definitely recommended!!

Just OK - Edit

We went with friends and one of them was very ill after eating here. Our meals were just OK. The pizzas were sloppy though.
The place looks quite grotty, it needs a good scrub - and there were feral children screaming around the place. Not conducive to a relaxing meal with friends.

Pros: Off street parking

Cons: A dirty restaurant, Screaming, feral children, Sloppy pizzas

Great food!! - Edit

I went here for dinner with a group of non-veg friends a few weekends ago while visiting the Gold Coast.

When going out to veg places I'm always a little worries non-veg friends won't enjoy it as much as me - but I had nothing to worry about when eating at mandala! Every meal was fantastic!!! Although the hands down consensus was the nachos - super delish!! :)

Ambience was nice with lots of outdoor seating however it is BYO wine only - only downfall in my opinion.

Definitely worth a visit! :)

Cons: Nachos , Mandala stirfy

GREAT food and place, relaxing for vegans and all. - Edit

Vegans rejoice! A wonderful place where the food is vegan and lovely - the raw pizza in particular is great! The outdoor area is great, very relaxing, what a spot! No-where on the Coast or in Brisbane is this relaxing as you chow down on Vegan food either on your own or with friends.

We bring non-Veggie friends here too as they love the place and the food - it's just such a great place.

A very special place because you can eat outside and relax, knowing no animals suffered for what you enjoy. A wonderful place the THE veggie place to try on the Gold Coast.

Pros: Great food - raw pizza!, Outdoor seating is the best, Nice staff that try to please

Cons: Indoor seating = loud music

Yummy and filling. - Edit

I love Mandala! The pizza here is amazing. I haven't tried too much of the menu but the salads are also wonderful.
The bill does add up very quickly if you start to order a few things. But that is only expected at vegan/organic restaurants at this point in time.
We have had quite a few birthday and going away dinners there and every time we call up to make the booking the staff make it quite clear that there is no splitting the bill.

Pros: Great Variety, Fully Vegan, Live music

Cons: No split bills, BYO surcharge , No aircon

Tasty Experience - Edit

Thought I need to put this in a review so everyone knows. Have been dining at Mandala's for just over a year now. Every time I have dined here the food has been absolutely amazing. Have taken non vegans with me and they have also enjoyed the experience. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a tasty non expensive place to eat.

Definitely one of my favourite places to eat - Edit

This is definitely one of my favourite places to eat on the Gold Coast. I just love the chilled out feel of this place, the amount of space and that you can bring your dogs and sit outside. Wait - the food is great as well. This is a good variety of cooked and some raw items as well. I particularly love the pizzas. They make their own delicious unique drinks as well. They have have performances and engage with the community with talks and film nights. Mandala Arts Cafe is just my kind of place!

Pros: Great chilled atmosphere, Food yummy, Can take dogs (outside)

Cons: Not closer to where I live

Impressive menu options - Edit

First time at Mandala, and I have to say we were pretty impressed. The pizza options are fantastic, and we enjoyed ours quite a bit. I had the Satay pizza which was innovative and flavourful with a nice crisp thin crust. Our appetizer was also good - nachos with yummy guacomole and "sour cream". The highlight may have been the dessert pizza with a fig jam base and chocolate sauce. Very yummy. Good atmosphere too. The place was packed, so service was less than stellar. Could have used a few more servers...

Pros: Great options, Interesting menu

Cons: Pricey

Best pizzas on the Gold Coast! - Edit

Mandala Organic Arts is the number one place on the Gold Coast for vegan pizzas! They have a huge menu to choose from filled with delish pizzas, salads hot dishes, raw options and much more! Be sure to enjoy a fresh coconut cracked open right then and there! Or choose any of the refreshing drinks from the "probiotic bar" to compliment your meal.. After a satisfying lunch or dinner, they have many amazingly tasty treats for dessert options.. The outdoor seating is perfect during the day or for star gazing at night! If you're on the coast, be sure to stop by Mandalas for the relaxed, friendly atmosphere and of course an amazing vegan meal ;-)

Pros: Amazing food/drinks, friendly staff , great atmosphere

Cons: can be over crowded , a few meal mix ups, certain meals are small portions

Delicious, fresh and quality! - Edit

They are now open for lunch and the food here is tasty. There is a community garden which makes a great spot to hang out and there is live music most nights! Such a great vibe on the Coast, and the food is delicious too! They do Brazilian cuisine and pizzas and try to keep the menu fresh and new. The ingredients are quality and the raw desserts are a real treat!

Pros: kombucha on tap, live music, vegan pizza

Three worlds is now Mandala organic cafe - Edit

Our first visit since they've re-branded from what was Three Worlds.

Firstly, the pizza menu is just as good, a little expanded if memory serves. We had the Thai pizza, which was probably the most un-italian pizza I've tasted, but good all the same. Tempeh and nut cheese with broccoli florets, red onions, on a base of Thai style coconut cream with lemongrass, ginger, garlic and a hint of chilli.

Also had the mung bean pasta with roast vegies, which included mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, olives etc...So good to find a vego place that makes use of mushrooms!!!

The meal sizes were just about right for two people with normal appetites.

Although we didn't have any salads this time, we saw what other people were having and they all looked very tasty....will have to wait till next time....

Pros: organic, vegan, cruisy atmosphere

Cons: none so far

Sloppy pizzas anyone? - Edit

I am sad to say this place has taken a nose dive since ownership changed. The first time we went they burned out pizza, they gave us a replacement and that one was sloppy. We went again to give them a second chance and our pizza was so soggy that if you picked it up it fell apart into four pieces. We had to use a knife and fork and it was soggy and sadly we could not even finish it. The nachos we got were all pretty much burned as well like the above reader mentioned. We told them about the soggy Pizzas but they did not seem to care. I don't think we will be back. Shame the pizzas used to be so great :(

hippy love - Edit

went here for lunch, had the nachos which were on the burnt side, my friend had the burger, the patty was raw, bit unpleasant,said it came with 'chips' which were 3 pieces of baked potato. It looked very unclean and unkept, certainly not a high end joint. There were seats on the floor, a teepee with wild children running around. I wont be back.

Cons: simple , grungy, expensive

I wish it was open for lunch too - Edit

This place is a great place to go on the Gold Coast for something different. The food is great and the staff are ok. If you feel like a healthy pizza then look no further. The "cheese" is delicious but sometimes they are a bit heavy handed and it can end up being a little rich.

Pros: Great food, Reasonably priced, Something different

Cons: Too much "cheese" on pizzas, Waited a long time for meal, Not open for lunch

Return to Gold Coast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mandala Organic Arts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7585 times since Sep 2011.