Mandala

( 1 review )
805-613-3048

11400 N Ventura Rd, Ojai, California, USA, 93023

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cuisine of Tibet, India, and Japan. Has vegetarian and vegan dishes. Open Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:30pm, Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Fri 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Japanese, Asian, Tibetan, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by catbone

“Authentic” Tibetan Décor= Peace, Not Just Beauty - Edit

The Mandala opened on December 1st 2015. We were surprised to see it suddenly standing in place of the former Ojai-O Sushi Restaurant upon our return from a business trip last month. It’s hard to miss seeing The Mandala Restaurant with the colorful Tibetan prayer flags that don its rooftop. We were excited to see the lavish beauty everywhere you turn in this restaurant, both inside and out. And, we found having a meal in its peaceful setting creates a convenient "exotic escape" from the doldrums of everyday life. The new owners (a family actually from Tibet) proudly explained that the décor is quite typical of Tibetan restaurants everywhere back in their homeland.
We were eager to try out some of the new international foods at our first lunch during their opening month. Let me tell you, if you try the Vegetarian Momo Appetizers, you'll have a hard time eating "just one." But, be sure to dip your Momo in their House-Made Chili Sauce. It's so mild that I still can't believe Chili is even one of the ingredients! I couldn't read the small-print of the Mushroom Cake Appetizer’s ingredient listing, but I ordered them anyway (so, Vegans and Vegetarians beware). But, they are really tasty! I also tried the Tibetan Chow Mein with Tofu and the Indian dish, Gobi Aloo. Both were good. And, it is important to know there is a whole array of Veg-Friendly foods that can be adapted to suit your taste with Tofu substitutions or other food omissions.
So the next time you are in Ojai, whisk yourself away into the highly decorative and relaxing Tibetan atmosphere at the culturally-enriching new Mandala Restaurant in our quaint town of Ojai, CA.

Pros: Authentic Tibetan Décor , Foods from 3 Counties in 1 Restaurant, Peaceful & Beautiful Inside and Out

Cons: Not even one!

Return to Ojai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mandala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.