Manatee Cafe

904-826-0210

525 State Rd 16 Ste 106 (at Westgate Plaza), St Augustine, Florida, USA, 32084

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu is American vegetarian except for chicken. Breakfast and lunch offered all day. Will modify any dish for allergies. Relaxed atmosphere. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-4:00pm, Sun 8:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by critterina

Favorite Vegan Breakfast place in Florida - Edit

Ok I've driven more than an hour and a half to have their tofu scramble I kid you not. The location is simple and basic in an average strip center but it's just good food. I wish they didn't serve any meat so I could give them a five star rating. Many vegan options and they are vegan friendly. Highly recommended and worth the drive.

Pros: good food, several options

Amazing - Edit

The food was amazing and there was a an abundance of options. The waitress was very helpful and told us that EVERYTHING on the menu can be made vegan. The tofu and grilled cheese(follow your heart vegan cheese) was amazing. Even my 'meat head' dad enjoyed a vegan burger with vegan cheese.

Cons: seats were slightly uncomfortable

Great little Vegan Cafe - Edit

This was a wonderful find in St Augustine. I had the Tofu Scramble for breakfast and it was superb. It's obvious that this cafe has a large number of regular local customers. It was pleasant to overhear the comments regarding the staff remembering the customer's regular orders. That's a good sign.

love the pancakes - Edit

vegan breakfast options are delicious.

Pros: vegan options

I love this place a lot - Edit

I really do ♥️♥️

Always Delicious - Edit

I've been here multiple times and every time the food has been wonderful. The veggie pita is scrumptious and so is the veggie burrito. My mom loves the pizza which is made on a pita and topped with so many vegetables.

Pros: delicious food, natural artwork decorates the place, great atmosphere

Cons: limited seating

excellent food! - Edit

I highly recommend this restaurant. The best vegan food I've had in Florida, and many vegan options are available. I will definitely return.

YUM - Edit

I love this place and I always get something new, but the tofu stir fry is my favorite!

Pros: Delicious food, Vegan Friendly

Cons: The wait

Fantastic! - Edit

Had a fantastic lunch here today! Nice staff, fast service even though they were very busy! The place was full when we arrived. We've eaten as Vegans for only 5 weeks now so we weren't sure what to expect. The food was absolutely delicious! We will definitely be back! Sensitive to Celiac's (must eat gluten free) also which means a lot to us.

Pros: excellent food , friendly staff

Love this Place! - Edit

I love Manatee Café! I grew up in St. Augustine and now every time I visit, I make sire to go by the Manatee. Lots of delicious options!

Pros: Good Value, Friendly Staff, Excellent Food

A Favorite Sunday Breakfast Spot - Worth The Wait! - Edit

I've been going here a few times a year for 6 years, and it's always consistently good! Sometimes there's a little wait on Sunday mornings, but once seated we never felt rushed in any way. Ovo/lacto vegetarians will be very happy, I'm not vegan but I believe the staff will gladly offer substitutions. These folks at Manatee have been offering veggie food in St. Augustine longer than anybody else.

Pros: Yummy vegetarian food, Long-time established restaurant, Fun wall murals

Cons: A 15 minute drive from downtown, Not totally vegetarian, Limited number of tables

Go here, vacationing vegans! - Edit

I adored this place. I had the tofu scramble with hashbrowns (which are actually home fries) and my friend had the breakfast burrito. They had vegan chocolate pie, but someone else got the last piece, so we split a cookie. They have a few hard-to-find veggie grocery items like veg cream cheese, etc. Staff was friendly, opposed to what older reviews said. Location is lacking, but it's great inside. I agree that the potatoes were overly salty, as someone else said. Still, I wish I had longer to stay- I'd come here again!

Pros: BREAKFAST, breakfast, BREAKFAST

Cons: salty

Yummy! - Edit

Scrambled tofu is fantastic, spelt pancakes were fluffy and yummy. Veggie omelet was best I ever had according to my sister. Very accommodating to food allergies.

Too salty - Edit

Went there after the great reviews. However, when I got my dish, it was so salty that I could not eat it. When I told the waitress, she told me she could bring me some rice. She did not understand that it still was too much sodium to consume. After asking for the manager, they agreed to bring me a veggie burger instead. The burger was ok, nothing special. My husband's dish was also too salty. How can this place be claim to be healthy, but then bring you dishes that are inedible and the staff not understand this?

Pros: Easy location

Cons: Salty dishes, Rude staff

Great Food! Neat Little Place! - Edit

I just went there for the first time with my friend. I ordered stir fry with tofu and it was wonderful!!! Very large portions too, enough to take home. The hashbrowns are really good too. My friend got a green smoothie and it was good. Cute little place with friendly service. Definitely going back.

Pros: vegan cheese, tofu

Love this place- tofu Reuben is awesome! - Edit

I've been eating at the Manatee since it opened in the 90s (used to be called Veggie Mama's I think). The best thing ever is the tofu Reuben. It is just a unique and special sandwich and I crave it when I don't have one for a while. Everything I've ever ordered has been good.

Pros: unique, vegan friendly

Delicious food! - Edit

I have had a tofu breakfast burrito and a soba noodle bowl at the Manatee Cafe. I think I paid about $7 or $8 for each dish, and both were very good. Breakfast is served all day.

This is a small, dimly lit place in a strip mall, with murals of manatees and mermaids painted on the walls. It is not a fancy place, but I loved the atmosphere.

Pros: Low cost, Reasonably sized portions, Friendly staff

Cons: Not vegan

Best breakfast - Edit

I ate at the Manatee Cafe while visiting St. Augustine for a wedding October '10. It was on a list of local restaurants that our hotel provided, otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed it. My boyfriend and I liked it so much we ate here two days in a row. I was thrilled to find that they serve vegan pancakes and waffles (for me) as well as regular (for my omnivore boyfriend). The service was good and the food was delicious! The tofu scramble was incredible - I highly recommend it.

I would give this restaurant a 5/5 rating, but only a max of 4/5 is allowed for non-vegetarian restaurants.

Pros: good value, vegan friendly, pleasant atmosphere

Cons: easy to miss location

Return to St Augustine Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Manatee Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.