Ovo
Western
Asian
Korean
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant offering both Korean and western dishes with vegan/vegetarian options. Featuring seasonal pickled vegetables. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, 5:00pm-8:00pm.

Venue map for Mananim Recipe
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by HelenHaeryounGi

Bears0815

Points +87

29 Oct 2023

Great vegan options

There where several vegan options. The owner can speak English and also a little bit German.
The taste and portion size was good.

Pros: Taste , Many vegan options , English speaking staff

MathisBBB

Points +68

02 Oct 2023

Great

Vegan options clearly marked. The food is nice with a good price. And the lady running the place is so kind and funny.
I wanted to put five stars but apparently the app doesn't allow.

vorschlag

Points +79

01 Sep 2023

Would like to give 5 stars

Beautiful small restaurant close to many tourist attraction. I had the rice cakes and it was fantastic.

Pros: Nice owner , Many vegan options

LorenzoHoner

Points +71

27 Jul 2023

Awesome food from an awesome lady

Place has more vegan options than not and they all seemed really good. The Awesome Bibimbap was really good

jerryremkes

Points +158

17 Jul 2023

Quirky place with lovely food

It’s very conveniently located near the MMCA (National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art) Seoul and the Gyeongbokgung Palace, in a lovely little side street with galleries and little shops. The old lady running this quirky little restaurant is super nice; they’re all her own recipes and the food is great. About 10 vegan dishes and 4 non-vegan options; a balance I’d love to see in any other restaurant! Most of the food is Korean but there’s one pasta dish too. There were only 5 tables but we were the only guests; might take a bit longer perhaps if all tables are taken.

Pros: Lovely cook / host, Characteristic restaurant , Cheap and tasty

Zeberka12

Points +1330

01 May 2023

Disappointing

I am sorry but the food was extremely greasy 😮‍💨
Spicy and how mushroom soup had basically no broth in it….
Not to my taste 😩

Julylia

Points +20

26 Apr 2023

Great vegan Korean food

Really good food with loads of vegan options. Everything home made, and the owner is super friendly and speaks English.

Updated from previous review on 2023-04-26

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Korean food

wincoop

Points +474

25 Apr 2023

Vegan with character!

This old lady is a character you want to meet. Her food is delicious. Made on the spot in her one woman kitchen. And all in all is a one woman show. Very nice!

Pros: Great food., Nice lady

Cons: 5 tables of 2-4 people so may be full

VeganBec

Points +778

10 Apr 2023

Quirky and very tasty

Chef is a funny lady who tells it like it is. She’s a one woman band, doing it all. Bipimbap was tasty, fried Mushrooms were delicious, all organic and non-GMO. Our Omni friend enjoyed her non-vegan dish too.

Cute messages from past diners on napkins helped to decorate the shop.

w.garczyk

Points +22

02 Apr 2023

Not worth the money. The bibimbap looked like some leftovers.

the rice had very little toppings. The portion was small. The dish was very basic. Very little banchan.

Updated from previous review on 2023-04-02

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Cons: Poor service, Very basic food

Ti2

Points +81

16 Feb 2023

So good!

Many vegan options here, and the owner cooked each meal to order in the back kitchen. She was really lovely and the food was so delicious with spice levels adjusted to my taste. Prices were also very reasonable.

If you want a fresh meal and warm service this is the place to go!

Pros: So many vegan options, Friendly owner

dannytt

Points +247

03 Feb 2023

Unique restaurant

Perfect for lunch when visiting the contemporary art museum, this small restaurant is a unique spot in an exciting neighbourhood.
The interior is surprising and the food very delicious.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice options, Nice neighbourhood

Cherie_Si

Points +29

19 Jan 2023

Homemade is great!

There are a lot of vegan options in the menu with home made ingridients.
We had the Bibimbap and the spicy rice cake.

Although the portion of the Bibimbap is a bit small, but the sauce and the ingridients are all very delicious. The rice cake is chewy and the sauce is very tasty.

Homemade is the best.

I will definitely go again!!!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Homemade

Cons: Shop a bit messy

KadiHarmon

Points +6132

05 Jan 2023

Mostly vegan!

I love visiting the neighborhoods near the palace so I was happy to find this place. The lady was so nice! I tried the mung bean dish as well as the spicy mushroom and bok choy noodles. Both good.

MatthewGrech

Points +19

09 Oct 2022

Lovely atmosphere and great food

Came here for lunch on a rainy day and it was the perfect spot! Indoors feels very homely and warm. The food was so hearty and delicious, we tried the mushroom noodles and the mushroom soup and we were not disappointed! Perfect meal for a rainy day

Updated from previous review on 2022-10-09

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Cons: None. Great experience

idanshavit

Points +63

01 Oct 2022

Mixed feelings

We had an odd moment when we went into the restaurant.
The owner shooed us to the entrance and yelled at us to clean our hands.
We were the only foreigners that entered the place, and she never asked that from the locals that entered after us and didn't sanitised their hands (made us feel a bit odd).
Any how, the food was decent. The noodles weren't good, but I really liked the spicy mushroom soup.
This place have a lot of vegan options which is really great!

MartaPf

Points +542

16 Sep 2022

Close to Gyeongbokgung

Small restaurant serving mostly vegan food (4 non vegan options, that my non vegan friends said were not very tasty).
I had the spicy rice cakes with mushrooms, it was ok, nothing to rave about.

It’s a good option if you’re around Gyeongbokgung Palace, and the neighbourhood itself is pretty cute to walk around.

paulabeschmidt

Points +69

08 Sep 2022

One of the best experiences in Seoul

We came twice to this amazing place.
The owner is super sweet and friendly and the food is home made and organic.
We ate the amazing Bibimbap, Mug beans rice, creamy pasta and fried noodles with hand-made sauce.
Everything was delicious and so flavourful. It’s definitely a must in Seoul.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Pros: Lots of vegan options clearly labeled, Super friendly owner

polanito

Points +3555

06 Sep 2022

Korean homemade food

There are several vegan options on the menu and the owner/cook is familiar with veganism. She's super nice and accommodating and was happy to make changes when we asked for not much spice on our rice cake dish. We loved it!

garanciels

Points +689

08 Jul 2022

Great organic food

A small quiet restaurant with Ghibli like atmosphere. The space is cluttered with a lot of jars and plants showing that everything is homemade. All the food is organic and no-GMO and the vegan menu is way more important than the non-vegan one! All the dishes looked really good but I ordered a green curry which had a deep and flavorful coconut sauce as I like. Also serves many Korean dishes (tteobeokki, bibimbap…). The owner speaks English and can reduce the spiciness of the dish. Also impressed by the low-price for an organic restaurant (most dish runs between 12,000 to 14,000 won)

SteveH

Points +17005

25 Nov 2021

Unique in good way

Simple decor with a lived in feel. The food was very unique to the owner. She does things her way. No msg. Organic. Non GMO. All made from scratch. Everything has a homemade feel. My meal was very good. Will be back.

HALENOMAD

Points +2093

25 Dec 2020

It's a 5 star for me!

I've visited this restaurant the last two nights and the food is top class, super tasty!
The owner is really nice and she explains what she uses in the dishes, only organic produce no msg's.
I had the green curry on the first night and then the spicy mushroom soup tonight which was just epic!
I'll definitely be back over the next few days to try out the rest of the vegan menu.
If you're in Seoul then definitely check this place out!

Pros: Probably has around 8 vegan dishes.

TallulasMom

Points +202

25 Jan 2020

Great Vegan Options

The bibimbap was delicious! The owner is really nice, and explains the menu quite thoroughly. I’m looking forward to coming back and trying the other dishes.

Pros: A whole vegan menu!

MichaelSquillace

Points +574

25 Dec 2019

5 STARS!

The coolest spot in Seoul for a great vegan meal made by a wonderful woman! Speaks English and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. Organic and homemade. Awesome vegan side of menu! You can also buy vegan sauces and pickles to go!

Mikaela.

Points +35

29 Oct 2019

Would give five stars

Vegetarian food in Seoul. Home made. Unique flavors. Can't wait to go back

Pros: Several vegan options

JoonasH

Points +50

14 Oct 2019

Excellent lunch

Cute place. Owner seems to run it alone. Organic for what I understood. Tasty food.

Pros: Quite many option, Tasty food , Really nice owner

42TJ0NES

Points +227

19 Sep 2019

A bukchon village gem!

Our visit to Gyedong Mananim was so lovely. The owner is totally badass, unique and funny in all the right ways. She explained the dishes in good English (after we tried our hand asking in Korean ;p) and even brought us freebies at the end in the form of sweet rice cakes and chestnut jam. The red noodles and green curry went down a treat and the atmosphere of a full place was what made our stay even more special!

Pros: Awesome owner!, Delicious food, Freebies after our meal

Cons: Serves meat too, Not the widest selection of food