Mana! Fast Slow Food

Contact +852-28511611

92 Wellington St, Central District, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China,

Organic, vegetarian, fast slow food concept restaurant, est, 2012. Menu ranges from gluten-free brick oven baked flatbreads with toppings of your choice, to tofu and halloumi burgers, to raw vegan ice cream. Large take-out menu, food wrapped in paper-only eco-packaging. Food waste is sent to be used as fertilizer, resulting in almost zero food waste. Near Central MTR. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by sglcklch

awesome food - Edit

Had vegan Chia pudding with Coconut cream .. superb preparation one of the best I have had anywhere. Acai bowl is a good breakfast .. it has chocolate and blueberry .. Chocolate truffle Valls are v nice .. I liked the wrap with hummus and tahini sauce .. good place for lunch

Great food and atmosphere - Edit

The food and atmosphere are really good here. Definitely recommend this place as the best vegan/vegetarian cafe in Hong Kong. I got 3 types of wraps, burger combo, and peanut butter chocolate cake. All are really delicious.

Top 5 Restaurants for Eating Vegan/Gluten Free in HK - Edit

This is probably hands down the most popular vegan cafe in Hong Kong, at least from my observation. And it's among my my Top 5 Restaurants for Eating Vegan/Gluten-Free in Hong Kong. (Link in the end)

Mana serves extremely fresh and healthy food in their menu, from ready made salad, to gluten free flats (made from buckwheat I believe) to power smoothies, drinks, burgers, fries, and to the raw vegan desserts and cakes. Anything you can think of or crave in the fast food world, they have their healthy version. Their menu does not have a super wide variety of choices in each category, but the best part is you get to customize your salads and flats all you want, which a lot of other similar restaurants don't offer.

For example the salads: The way you order is you choose a size and you get to choose 4 or 5 bases from their ready made salads and add your additional toppings with extra costs. My favorite combo is the kale salad with lemon dressing and spinach salad with toppings of avocado, grilled portobello mushroom (my fave! :P), sprouts or rocket. They can jam pack their small container to the fullest and it can make a very satisfying meal! On the side note, their raw vegan gluten free coconut cake is to die for! Don't pass by if you happen to see it still being available on a busy night.

After you order and pay they actually give you a beep for when the food is ready so you know hen to come and pick up. That's why they are pretty efficient with a busy business. How cool is that!

My only complaint is that not all items they offer are vegan and sometime they don't make it explicit. Their spinach salad would have cheese in it so you need to be careful when ordering.

My ratings:

Flavor - ★★★★★

Environment - ★★★★★ (Filled with amazing health-conscious people like you!)

Price - ★★★★☆ (Around $100HKD for a healthy and satisfying meal.)

On the side note, one of the staff told me just the other day that they offer a 5% discount if you bring your own container.
Another way to get discount is to join their membership. $500 HKD for the membership card and there will be a $400 balance in your card. You get 5% discount forever. I don't know if that's a good deal.... But they do have member events as a benefit.
Location - ★★★★ (in the heart of central SOHO and very easy to find, )

Vegan/gluten-free options: ★★★★☆

Overall - ★★★★☆ (What's not to love?)

Recommendation: Salad & Vegan Raw Coconut Cake

See relevant photos and the full list of my Top 5 Restaurants for Eating Vegan/Gluten-Free in Hong Kong: t.cn/R5f7GjD

Pros: Fresh, Tasty, Affordable

Cons: Cash

Best of Hong Kong - Edit

I don't normally write reviews, But I just had to write one for this one. The atmosphere is cool and the theme is well organized. Best of all, the food is out of this world. For their signature wrap, You can pick 4 fillings out of about 12. All of them are great. The best part is taking different combinations each time, making it feel different every time. We ate about 4 times from the place. Definitely worth the money.

Apart from the wrap, they have desserts and drinks. Which I feel sometimes is too expensive. But I don't mind spending the money even just to support them.

Pros: Wrap and different combinations

Cons: Desserts maybe on expensive side

just great! - Edit

A happy place in HK - great food - you have to try the chia-pudding :) - I will definitely go there again
Updated from previous review on Thursday March 24, 2016

Pros: Friendly staff, Healthy, Tasty

Cons: Small Spot

tiniest/cutest @ HK - Edit

The tiniest and cutest place we visited in Hong Kong.
Popular with the locals and Hollywood celebrities alike (waited on line with one of the latter :-)).
Food is delicious. I had the best balanced balck-bean soup ever (usually killed by excess cumin, this one was amazing!).
Would love to have the chance to try more of their food.
The choice of building your own combination makes the tasks of exploring even more challenging :-)

Pros: location, tasty and multiple combination options, coziness

massive wraps, very environmentally conscious - Edit

The wraps here are huge, be warned. Very tasty though. Nice chilled setting if you manage to get a seat.

Pros: nice ambience, very filling healthy food.

healthy and tasty food - Edit

The food there is great. You can have a great kale-salad, or a delicious wraps, burger, some quinoa, raw desserts..
The have a lot of different toppings for the burger and the wraps. They are so tasty! You can eat there, but there is not so much space. But we love the one big table where you can sit with other people and have a nice chat.

Pros: healthy, tasty, great people

Cons: not so much place to sit

mana! fast slow food - Edit

hadn't been here in years. my previous visit was with my parents and i recall that my meat-eating father rather enjoyed his burger and fries for breakfast.

having not tried their flats before, i asked for a recommendation and was suggested the bliss (avocado, hummus, cucumber, spinach; hkd80). it was packed with greens, and pretty filling. i added a maya shake (hkd65), which exceeded my expectations (i was imagining watery coconut juice, but it turned out rich and delicious). staff were friendly, but were chatting among themselves and didn't make an effort to strike up a conversation until i asked them questions.

it was a very expensive breakfast, but the quiet solitude and opportunity for reading time at the back patio made up for it (i was subsequently joined by two other solo diners), until three finance people decided that it was the ideal place to rehearse their forthcoming talk.

although utensils are recyclable, i would have preferred if they had provided non-disposable ones for dine-in customers. i don't think it takes that much time to wash a fork and knife.

Pros: delicious, peaceful courtyard, conducive for solo diners

Cons: expensive, disposable (albeit recyclable) utensils

Great Atmosphere - Edit

The place offers burgers and wraps of which many can be made vegan upon request. The price is reasonably high. (Burger with french fries and salad costs 100HKD.) The restaurant is in a very good location and ideal for visiting during a lunch break at work. The interior is very stylish and it is made for a fairly young demographic. The restaurant also serves vegan cakes although they are also very pricey at 60HKD per slice.

Pros: great atmosphere, fast preparation of food, eco-friendly

Cons: few seats

Huge portions of truly delicious food - Edit

I had a burger, fries, and a large shake, all of which were incredibly filling and delicious. We ate in the semi-open-air seating area out back during a rain storm, which made it feel like we were eating in a clearing in a rainforest, which was awesome. If I lived in the city and could afford it, I would return regularly!

I often judge my meals on how satisfied I am afterwards, and this meal scored 100%, but at a higher price than any other meal I had in the city. I of course think that good food is worth the price, but it makes me uncomfortable to think that this food might not be accessible to locals other than Western expats.

Pros: extense menu, many juice and drink options, plant-filled seating area in back

Cons: price

Customisable and tasty - Edit

Great wraps, relatively fast service and fantastic for on-the-go food. Seating is limited so I wouldn't recommend Mana for social gatherings. Not toooo expensive.

Pros: Wraps/Salads/Snacks are tasty, On the go food, Vibes

Cons: A little pricey, Too cramped , Could expand menu

Mana! Fast Slow Food, Hong Kong - Edit

Just to update this, I have to give extra kudos to this place for the environmental, recycling and food waste / composting policies.

Updated from previous review on Thursday February 05, 2015

I had dinner here tonight. Its defo a café rather than a restaurant. There's a small table by the window and some stools alongside the wall. There's open air seating either outside or up stairs.

I asked the girl behind the counter what was vegan friendly and she was happy to show me through the vegan options on the menu. It's wrap type sandwiches, salad, juices, shakes and that kind of thing. I went for the mezze platter which comprised of toasted flat bread, some leaves, dressing, a couple of dips (one was baba ganush) and some olives. It was delicious as was the banana and cinnamon shake.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Tasty food, Great eco policies

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mana! Fast Slow Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.