Mana! Cafe - Sheung Wan

+852-23478555

8 Tai On Terrace, Sheung Wan (at Pound Lane), Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China

Its' 3rd outlet, opened summer 2015. This eco-friendly cafe offers all-day breakfast and brunch. Seats up to 70, has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Stevie

disappointed - Edit

Not sure what all the fuss is about
Small place, unfriendly, expensive
Hard to order, so prescriptive
Very much not a family restaurant

modern cafe - Edit

European style
Expensive
Real vegan place
There aren't too much of choosing dishes,and most of all are cold.

Not cheap, but really good - Edit

I came here for breakfast. The place was very cozy and relaxed, which seems hard to find in HK. Prices looked a bit steep for the small portions, but after a delicious acai bowl and excellent teeccino latte with almond milk I was full and in vegan bliss.

Pros: Lots of rare vegan goodies, calm atmosphere

Cons: Somewhat pricey, hard to reach if you're not a fan

great location, good food - Edit

You'll have to do a do a bit of exercise to reach the place (unless you come from Caine/Bonham rd). But you won't regret it as this is one of the best located restaurant in "Central HK". Quiet, green, with very nice style. You definitely find yourself comfortable here, much more than in the corridor/dark central Mana! outlet.

I also appreciate the fact that each Mana! has its own menu. Sheung Wan is about open flats whereas Central's flats are more like burritos.

I've tried the Einstein open flat. Taste was ok though I found it a bit dry and not as tasty as what they offer in Central. But I shall come again and try the Tesla one recommended by Steve. The sweet flats also seem to be really good.

Price is slightly more expensive compared to central (HKD100 for a flat) which I do not really understand why.

Overall this is a great place where you can come at anytime of the day be it for breakfast, lunch, tea, coffee or diner. Hurry up as it is still confidential but may get crowded soon.

Pros: location, staff, style

Mana! Cafe - Sheung Wan - Edit

I spun along here today (1st day open) for lunch with a friend. Both of us gave this an emphatic thumbs up.

We each ordered a vegan flat bread that came slices in quarters so we could share 1/2 each. There's a choice of different breads so with the different toppings this meant we had a Tesla on buckwheat bread and also a Madonna on spelt bread. Both were excellent. My friend seemed to prefer the Tesla, I have no preference of the 2. The spelt bread is slightly more substantial if that is what you are looking for.

I also tried a couple the ice creams. One was caramel and macadamia the other was chocolate. Both were great, I prefer the choc, my friend preferred the caramel.

We also tried a drink of a caffeine free coffee substitute that I'd never tried before named teeccino. I had this like a soya latte and again was 1st class.

Being Mana, water is of course free. The eco policies (recyclability of the packaging), food waste recycling for compost are unsurpassed.

Of the 3 Mana!s this is my favourite. There's some space to sit inside if that's what you like and also plenty spaces to sit outside. There's an abundance of power points for chargers.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Great food, Great eco policies

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mana! Cafe - Sheung Wan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.