Mantang Fu Vegetarian

• Vegetarian
Contact 86-02165209131

1842 Changyang Road, Yangpu Disctrict, Shanghai, China,

Offers traditional vegetarian noodle and rice dishes, soups, and mock-meat dishes. Menu is in Chinese on the wall and also has a picture menu. Wait staff speaks only Chinese. Nice environment. Located on metro line 12 at Ningguo Road station, left at Exit 2.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese

First Review by PaulineChiangMai

We Second the Review: Great Little Place! - Edit

We appreciate Pauline's review and excellent directions to find this little "hole in the wall"! We recommend this to anyone interested in a friendly atmosphere, great taste, and clean. One note for those who would like the address in Chinese: 上海市杨浦区长阳路1842号. Chinese name is shown in the first picture.

The portions are much larger than typical vegan or vegetarian restaurants, thus the price is quite reasonable. We chatted with the owner/ manager for most of our meal. They are quite friendly but do not speak any English. They have a picture menu which is quite helpful for those who do not speak Chinese.

One downside is the size of the restaurant: small! Because of their great prices, the cleanliness of the place, and great taste, it is indeed a favorite with the locals. If you get there at rush hour, be prepared to share a table with others; (traditional Chinese custom in crowded restaurants)! I would have given it a five cow rating if it could accommodate more people.

It is conveniently located as Pauline as described in her review if you take the subway.

Pros: Great taste, economical and large portions , clean

Cons: small; few tables , no English spoken

Great little place! - Edit

I had someone write for me the Address in Chinese. I don’t think we would have found it without it. Sorry that I cannot copy the address as I don’t write (or speak) Chinese. Getting there, take subway line # 12. Get off at Ningguo Rd and take exit #2 from the subway station. The info we had stated that it is located within a hotel. We didn’t see any hotel.
This is a tiny restaurant, plastic tables, crowded, clearly very popular with locals. They have a menu with pictures. No English. The selection was very large, and everything we had was truly wonderful. It was so good that we went there twice, although it meant a special trip. Inexpensive.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff and atmosphere

Cons: No address in Chinese

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mantang Fu Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1079 times since Jul 2009.