Mamouns Falafel Restaurant

• Veg-friendly
Contact 203-562-8444

85 Howe St, New Haven, Connecticut, USA, 06511

Serves meat, vegan options available. Several locations. One side of their menu is vegan with menu items that include hummus, falafels, and tabouleh; but there is a lot meat.

Category: Lacto, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by veggiesattva

favorite place - Edit

My boyfriend and I like to come here every week. This place is amazing. The employees are friendly. The service is always fast. The food is cheap and delicious. Its byob and they have hookah. You can eat inside where there's lots of cool decorations or you can eat outside. There's a small parking lot in the back. Its overall a great place to go to. All of their desserts are vegan too. I would recommend this place to anyone. They offer many vegan selections and also meat if you're bringing someone who isn't vegan. This place is wonderful.

If I could vote for only one place with a review.. - Edit

If I could vote for only one place with a review... that place would be Mamouns. Since becoming vegan, this place is consistently amazing. I have even gone so far as to drag my family here from Bristol two days in a row for their amazing Baba Ganoush, Falafel and Hummus.
One half of the menu is vegan, there really is no sense in me saying anyting else. Take it from me - Mamouns is my pick for fast vegan faire weather I'm in New Haven or not.

Oh and Tshirts are 5 bucks - dress like you work there!

Pros: Price, Options, Food

Cons: Bathrooms, Parking

Cheap reliable falafel place with half-veg menu - Edit

This was the first place I ever ate in New Haven 9 years ago, and I still keep going back for its reliably awesome falafel, hummus, tabouleh, and ful mudammas. Sandwiches are incredibly cheap - like, under $5 cheap. 1 sandwich is a good light meal, while 2 sandwiches or a platter will fill those with a larger appetite.

This place seriously feels like you're in another country, in the Middle East somewhere. The walls are covered in rugs, the biggest chandelier I've ever seen dominates the ceiling, and the food is unbelievably cheap. Homemade mint iced tea is great; the tabouleh is actually parsley-dominant, which is a nice change of pace; and small desserts like baklava and halva are great to grab on your way out the door after you pay your bill at the counter.

Open til 3am, definitely worth checking out, and much better than the other Middle Eastern place you'll pass on the way down Howe Street (Kasbah Garden), who seem to think it's okay to serve tahini that tastes like peanut butter. Also a pleasant place to sit at 2 small outdoor tables in nice weather.

Pros: so cheap!

Return to New Haven Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mamouns Falafel Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1320 times since Dec 2011.