CLOSED: Mamo

Contact n/a

Warschauer Str.47 (at Stralauer Str, Fiedrichshain), Berlin, Germany,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves vegan falafel upon request. Near Tram 10 last stop. Reportedly no longer all veg and changed name from Mamo to Nano Aug 2012.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by hack_man

Fresh! - Edit

I agree with the previous review and would also add that they make the falafel fresh while you wait. This was a great little place, all vegan, delicious food and toppings and nice waitstaff.

Pros: delicious, all-vegan, fresh

Cons: small, not much seating

Vegan Felafel heaven in Berlin - Great value - Edit

Get this, 3 types of felafel, herb, paprika and classic, then you help yourself to as much salad as you want, from about 7 varieties.
Great location, about 1 minute walk from Warschauer S=U-Bahn U1. and the last stop of the 10 Tram from Prenzlauerberg. Just around the corner is the Wall the bridge and the river.
Great value
Updated from previous review on Monday August 09, 2010

Pros: Great Value, Tasty, Healthy

Clean, Simple, Charming - Edit

Mamo is a cute little place with good falafel and hardly any seating. The fixings bar (you can take as much as fits on the sandwich) are fresh, varied and tasty. The falafel is fresh and good, better than most places, but not better than Mo's. The service is friendly, helpful (and spoke English on my visit). The sauces are great. Everything is vegan, I think. The shop is tiny, but it is bright and happy and very clean. There's something very pleasing about this place. The only complaint I could possibly make is that I want more toppings than fit on my sandwich, because I'm greedy. I really wish one of these places would offer a true, all you can eat buffet. I'd pay! ;) Mamo is great; highly recommended.

Pros: fresh, tasty, good value, great topping selection

Cons: few seats, smell like deep fat fryer when leave

beer and veg 24 Sep 2011 - Just to add, their fries and hummus are very good. Also, their take away packages are made of happy earth materials, and they have little wooden forks. Everything just looks great, healthy and happy at Mamo, and makes me forget that I am eating something deep fried. Every aspect of this place fits together and is well executed. A real standout in this town.

Very friendly service - Edit

Head to this neat place if you care for a selection of freshly made falafels which you can dress up with whatever items you crave for ... and try the potato chips as side dish: you will have to walk far to find something as delicious as these. We enjoyed it very much. Thank you for the service, we'll come again!

Pros: friendly staff, good value, make your own

Yummy mango sauce - Edit

I love this tiny all vegan falafel restaurant. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the falafel is really real yummy. Plus their mango sauce is perfect. Cheap too.

Pros: Cheap, yummy, friendly

Cons: none

Give me more falafel! - Edit

The only sad thing about Mamo is that it's so small - but sitting outside when it's warm enough is much nicer anyway!
Our falafel were made on request by a very friendly lady who very patiently explained what was what and how to put together your sandwich. We were amazed by the amount of stuffings there were for your sandwich (carrot, chillies, cucumber, salad, gherkins, olive paté, chili paté, something pink^^, onions, red pepper, tomatoes, beetroot...) . I couldn't get enough of the mango sauce.
The potato chips were great aswell.
A sandwich for 3€ - this certainly wasn't my last visit to mamo.

Pros: great variety of fillings, good value, very friendly people

Cons: serve Coca Cola, (what about local lemonades instead?)

Delicious falafel - Edit

This is a great little falafel shop with limited seating inside and seats outside. The falafel is delicious and the salad choice which you help yourself to is very good, my personal favourite was the olive tapanade. Fries can be added to the sandwich for 30c and humous for 50c, I plan to try this when I visit again. We ate our wonderful falafel sandwiches by the river spree which was near the shop and close to O2 world at East Side Gallery.

Pros: Delicious falafel, Great value, Very good choice of salad

Top Class Falafel - Edit

Wonderful place run by a friendly young man in a cool part of the city. Perfect location for trade in a busy part of the city right opposite Warschauer Str U-Bahn. The falafel are simply delicious perfectly complemented with great salad and sauce choice. You can put on as much salad and chilli or mango sauce as you like. Great value at €3 for a falafel sandwich, you can also get falafel / salad boxes and cold drinks. Brilliant - I'll be back

Pros: falafel, price, location

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Mamo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.